1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Mountainous Mafia #2: Murder in Vanilla Town

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vira, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Now I have to actually look at that game.
    I can't read sunsfan to save my life on forum or video, which is in part why I love playing with him (and he is just the nicest guy).

Ok so .. it is really really stupid. will out it later tomorrow it is really really stupid and has nothing to do with me as a person and everything to do with timing.

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Jan's spewed down because he's so cheerful and coy about this thing that probably doesn't clear him (or he forgot it was mountainous. That can happen). Easy.

Town
    fonti
    Jan
    Fluff
    GH
    Fable
    Rubicon

Others

Asmo
    Miner

Jan for the things, fluff for trying to be an unreadable edgelord, Gh for sort of flowing into a new site, fable because his "memes" opening was helps weak and scum fable would have tried harder, and Rubicon for brushing off asmo and giving the GH read.

Though it's anti long-term game health to say, I disliked the way Rubicon explained he was giving asmo a hard time to help read him. It's not entirely consistent with Rubicon's philosophy of mafia and seemed to be an attempt to look town. Humm.

Asmo has a "hello, fellow kids" vibe. It's partially the emojis, partially the lack if flow when he changes between game related and unrelated topics and partially his approach to getting meta. Could just be him trying to figure out the site.

Mine's lack of anything, unlike fable's, means he probably rolled scum again. Prove yourself, child.

3. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Hello, fellow kid.
    Since you read my posts enough to come up with all those thoughts, do you mind answering the questions I asked in regards to getting meta?
    I notice you have 121 posts so I assume you've spent some time on this site. Anyone in particular you're good at reading? Who here do you know decently well?
    Bear with me on this, even if you don't like my approach
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, just as importantly, what is "Rubicon's philosophy on Mafia"?

4. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Thinking face emoji.

Not sure if the Jan thing is the first thing or the thing that makes me want to give him one of these:

I was waiting for everyone else to post because I can't get reads that only involve people not interacting with or thinking about me if I'm actually posting and therefore actually have an effect on the game, but Delphine isn't here and I want to go to bed. Plus, I can't not play forever. It's annoying.

Think Jari rolled witch again, but not sure if that's just reads bias considering I haven't read his town game? Maybe I should read RWBY. Eventually. Or someone can summarize so that I don't have to. That would also be nice.

The only time I don't have IRL shit to do this Day is, like, the last 24 hours, btw. So, actually, a summary from someone who actually played that game would be nice because if I'm reading that then I'll be spending time in there and not in here.

Also, actually, Jari can just do it himself and then other players could point out where he's misrepresenting himself... ? That seems fun.

Yeah. @Jarizok. Do that.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Not having emoji is almost as bad as not having post-its. Fuck my life.

5. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Ah Beru, so cute. "Jari might be a witch maybe for no reason I've given. Clear yourself please, and also give meta."

I'll pass, thank you.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Is it the fact that there are totally flips?

You don't get a clear for that.

6. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Wolfy reaction. Don't wanna clear yourself?

This is the same reaction you had in WH9 to my entrance. Waow.

Thanks for playing. ✌
    --- Post automerged ---
    Wait, do emoji work when I post them from my phone but not from the computer?

7. Jarizok

No you.

8. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:

It's this weird trick I do where I do less than everyone else yet somehow come out with better reads than them.

9. GeneralHankerchief

GeneralHankerchief Muggle

Question for the DLP regulars, particularly Fontisian:

I'm aware that the site's had a fairly successful sustained recruiting drive in terms of bringing in offsite players here over the past however long it's been - in your opinion, when you bring someone new in, does that person usually tend to go through an awkward "adjustment period" before they get in the flow of things, and if so, does it correlate at all to their alignment?

I promise this question has relevance.

10. Miner

Miner Order Member

I think i understand why fluff plays like fluff now.

Lynch: beruru

11. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Whoops, looks like my bio was submitted too late to be posted by the mod.

6) Delphine

[​IMG]

REPRESENTING: The Lollipop Guild

NATIONALITY: American

STARTED PLAYING MAFIA: 2009

HAVE PLAYED ON THE FOLLOWING SITES: DarkLordPotter, MafiaScum, irc.globalgamers.net, Bay12, Personalitycafe, Mafia Universe, MTGS, Mindromp, Bell Tree Forums, DailyMafia, Westeros, some wrestling forum, Fantasystrike, Epic Mafia, Town of Salem, and some Touhou forum.

BIO: A recent immigrant to Ireland, Delphine dearly misses her twocats and currently subsists on the county library and McDonald's wi-fi. She especially values mercy and verbosity in her mafia play. Delphine is excited to return to mafia after a long recovery period from the unstoppable tide of Regfan.

"[Delphine]'s [Q]T is a real journey, honestly." ~Mist7676

"[...] but as I remember you play mafia kinda like an antlion where you are just sparkly and kind and hang out in your sand pit until someone trips up and then you ~pounce~" ~hitogoroshi

"Delphine is my personal hero." ~fontisian

"I'm going to go do some yoga and see if that helps my decision paralysis" ~Delphine
    --- Post automerged ---
    vote: Jarizok

This post pings. It has elements of being overly conciliatory and overly contrary.

In a similar vein, #85 comes off as a strangely terse strawman.

What were you expecting from this line of questioning?

12. Jarizok

I was curious.

13. Delphine

Delphine First Year

Are you still?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Actually, my eyes glazed over the last two paragraphs of pre-automerge #84. #85 isn't so bad.

This is not a playerlist I have good past read history with besides fontisian and Rubicon. Of everyone else, I have more familiarity with Jan, Fluff, Miner, and Jari.

Does it involve the meeps? I hope it does.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Would you mind elaborating on the Fluff edgelord read?

I wanna say this is indicative of "my role is boring" (and thus VT) but I'm not getting anything from the rest of his posts.

14. Miner

Miner Order Member

Fluff would say that as either alignment

15. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Nah .. in my very first post (post #2 overall), which happened the same minute the thread was created I said

which was either 100% coincidental if I am scum or a reference to my pm, because I thought everyone gets their own personal pm with personal fluff (Vira is good with those things).

This is where I got it from and the timeframe was just not long enough to fake that as scum.

Really stupid and I think bringing it up was not even good, but let's be honest I am dead n1 anyway and it was just funny to me.
    You kids go and have fun now, while I try to repair the electronics that I might have broken when I flooded my desk with a cola-esque product last night.

16. Miner

Miner Order Member

So I don't understand why town!Jan would ever try to clear himself d1 with his history of getting shot n1.

But hey, at least now I know that he probably lost a couple ranked games. Or invasion.

17. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    He probably expects it to happen either way and doesn't care anymore.

18. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Mountainous Mafia #2 Votal 1.3

Jan [2] - Jari, Fluff.
    Rubicon [1] - Jan.
    Asmo [1] - Rubicon.
    Beru [1] - Miner.
    Jari [1] - Delphine.

Not Voting [5] - Asmo, Beru, Fable, Font, GH.

With eleven players alive, it will take six votes to soft-lynch and nine votes to hard-lynch!

Day One ends on September 14 at 3pm PST.

19. Miner

Miner Order Member

But it's not even like he's made confident reads.

20. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    So?

I don't think anyone should have confident reads at the this point.