1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

My catch-all suggestion thread (For now LF specific H/Hr fic)

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by phazer11, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Carmine

Carmine Unspeakable

While klackerz's link looks decent so far, it always annoys me when people copy and paste huge excerpts from the books. They could either rewrite everything, or just not include those scenes that are identical to the canon, at which point most people would assume the missing parts were the same as canon. Or they could leave a book/chapter/page reference.

...this should probably be in the pet peeves thread.

2. phazer11

phazer11 Third Year

Hi everyone I hope your holidays went well.
    So I haven't had much on my plate recently (taking alot less classes this semester) and I'm looking for good alternate sorting stories, I found some decent ones by silverfawkes for ravenclaw harry, and then there's the R series by Regulus that's not bad, any other suggestions.

On another note I had a fiction I was going to read before I had to reformat my laptop and apparently didn't add to my alert list to keep track of. Its a third year fic, Harry wakes up in the hospital wing after the big dementor attack and he's in an alternate reality where Snape adopted him and his mother's alive but has some sort of spell damage, I can't find it anywhere anyone have a clue what it's called it may not be any good don't know didn't finish it but it's going to bug me unless I find it.

3. GrayFox

GrayFox Slug Club Member DLP Supporter

First: You necro'd your own thead? Well since you already did it that means I can contribute.

Family Issue by PerfesserN
    I liked it, but not really into the whole Harry/Myrtle parts.

The Price of Being Noble
    The Dark Witch and the Necromancer
    These are my 2 favorite stories with 'bond' elements. Although the Second has quite a few cliches:fire

4. phazer11

phazer11 Third Year

Ah well it's not technically a necro as I planned for it to happen, this thread serves the purpose of being my last request thread so I don't have to make another one.

Anyways I'm not looking for anything with bonds atm...

I am however interested in finding the name of a story and looking for alternate sorting fics, see my post above for details. For that matter I find myself also looking for alternative fourth year and triwizard tournament reimagined fics again

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  5. GrayFox

6. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I remember Letters being good, but the ending felt like a let down. However, not re-read it a while.

The Last Casualties is currently being written, and it's alright (I think, been a while since it updated, and not read any for a while before that), although I would much prefer updates on Harry and Gabi... It does, however, have a better-than-often-seen characterisation of Voldemort - using the Royal 'we' to refer to himself, for example. It feels very much in character for him.

7. phazer11

phazer11 Third Year

Alright thanks lol Can't have it both ways ought to be good if I ever need a laugh :p, I'll look at Letters and Harry and Gabi, could have sworn Letters was on to read list before... ah well. Pity Triwizard Champion's sequel was abandoned.

Still looking for sorting fics, I suppose I could re-read some of jbern's stuff while I'm looking.

8. GrayFox

9. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Brutal Harry has a claw!Harry. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't great - in the almost rec'd thread.
    The Sorting Hat's Stand is something I enjoy. Guilty pleasure (most definitely). Currently up to fourth year, and potential H/Fl.

10. phazer11

phazer11 Third Year

Thanks I also enjoy Sorting Hat's Stand for a guilty pleasure fic I just re-read it and To Be Loved.

I still can't find that story I was looking for...
    Its a third year fic, Harry wakes up in the hospital wing after the big dementor attack and he's in an alternate reality where Snape adopted him and his mother's alive but has some sort of spell damage so Snape is forced to invent several potion regimens to keep her normal most of the time.

There was also this story where there was a well in a hidden room located in the CoS and when Harry looked into it it either gave him visions of or transported him to multiple different worlds/realities

11. Chilli

Chilli Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Is this the one? Never Say Remember

12. phazer11

phazer11 Third Year

Yup that looks like the one, now it won't bug me to death thanks.