1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto- Chakra Laws?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Shezza, May 27, 2013.

1. cooladoola

cooladoola Second Year

High Score:
    knight504
    There is nothing in the manga to support these statements.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The whole exercise is about chakra control and maintaining that control. Sasuke explicitly mentions that 'too little or too great' chakra results in breaking of the contact with the surface of the tree.

I mean, why did Kakashi even mention Sakura's reserves in relation to them failing to climb the tree? He said it just for the laughs? He's outright saying that right after their failure to climb that, 'they have large reserves, which is why they failed to control their chakra properly (Sasuke's statement makes it that much more clear); Sakura's smaller ones made it far easy for her to control the flow of the chakra beneath her foot, hence, the tree never repelled her back.' This doesn't even need an analysis. It is explicit enough as it is.

Hmm, I'll say you are more or less correct. As good control results in better Jutsu usage.

I agree with this point. I probably worded it poorly.

You are right. I was probably half asleep when I typed that. I probably wanted to add that Handseals argument and advanced techs one as well, that I forgot the crux of it all. My bad.

They don't have to, it's kind of obvious. Also, the DBs cover it handily, along with Obito's statements:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The white symbol is Yang and Black is Yin. Inton, as I stated, creates a form out of nothing (Susanoo) and it governs imagination; Yoton breathes life into a form (Mokuton). Genjutsus are also Yin in nature. Basically, Yin is mental and Yang is physical. Yin is to form something out of nothing and Yang is to control something that is already there by breathing life into it.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  2. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Actually spiritual energy is described as something acquired through training and experience so at least half of what makes up chakra can be affected by training rather just age. Kakashi also mentions that one objective of the tree climbing exercise was to build up stamina. With stamina being the total sum of physical and spiritual energy which is then converted into chakra, that essentially means building up their chakra.

Sasuke's statement has no relation to overall chakra capacity. He’s specifically talking about how much chakra is being focused in the feet; applying too much breaks the tree and applying too little doesn’t let you stick to it, both of which are examples of poor chakra control.

Here, all Kakashi is doing is acknowledging where their respective strengths lie. Sakura having precise chakra control and Naruto/Sasuke having the most chakra are two independent points, not the cause of the other. He even goes on to say that one purpose of the exercise he wanted to Naruto and Sasuke both tap into their chakra reserves which is why he thought of it anyway.

Control’s always treated as a distinct skill in its own right throughout the series rather than a byproduct of inferior chakra reserves.

3. cooladoola

cooladoola Second Year

High Score:
    "Building up Stamina" doesn't mean increasing it: it means to draw it out for physical movement. Kakashi is outright mentioning it about 'building it up' after the focusing the chakra:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Huh? Sasuke is talking about controlling the flow of chakra. The whole training is divided into stages. Kakashi completes his statement as to why he couldn't control his chakra. You know, overt snide remarks followed by a covert analysis (that starts with 'on the other hand') as to why they couldn't do it and she could? This is such a simple dialogue, really. It's a direct comparison.

Kakashi's statement talks about strengths when he states that Sakura's reserves are a piece of shit?

Not really. You are taking a statement in isolation and ignoring the very reason why Kakashi shifts from a dialogue to a monologue, continuing on with the said statement. If you don't want to accept it, then that's fine.

Can you prove this point with a scan when you are not entertaining a very clear cut one?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  4. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Kakashi’s statement isn’t about why they couldn’t do it at all.

To paraphrase, saying “On the other hand, Naruto and Sasuke have more chakra than Sakura” is not the same as saying “On the other hand, it’s because Naruto and Sasuke have more chakra than Sakura.”