1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Fanfiction Challenge

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Evergreen_Queen, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

Nine Akatsuki members... I thought there were ten at the beginning? I mean Orochimaru was a member and still bears his ring while the remaining haven't replaced him...

Well, there were no replacements until Toji or something showed up.

EDIT: Aww, fucking hell I hate Wireless! The damn thing didn't even register that I posted and kept me on the same page as the text typing one! Sorry bout the double post people, I'll try to make sure I don't repeat it next time...

Last edited: Aug 9, 2006
  2. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

Nine Akatsuki members... I thought there were ten at the beginning? I mean Orochimaru was a member and still bears his ring while the remaining haven't replaced him...

Well, there were no replacements until Toji or something showed up.

*points to quote* What's a Human Instrumentality Project? <--- Yes I think this soudns liek a ten year old question, but I never said I was eitehr bright or intelligent.

3. Evergreen_Queen

Evergreen_Queen First Year

You think the Akatsuki are overpowered? I mean, two members took out a fullly transformed beast and an army filled with elites ninjas. I'm fine with some of the members like Kisame that are high jonin but so dudes are like high kages!

4. HiddenETC

HiddenETC Second Year

Well, seeing as Akatsuki is an organization with 9 S-ranked criminals, and that S-rank is a rather vague description that basically just means "really strong", I don't see a reason why they can't do crazy things.

Also, most (if not all) of the Kages were just exceptional/strong/smart jounin, or, high jounin, before their promotion (and I don't think they could improve godly amounts inbetween paperwork sessions). So, really, going by how you described the Akatsuki, they'd all be around Kage level.

Tell me if I made a mistake in anyway

5. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

The Kage "rank" within the Hidden Villages only means that the holder is the leader of the shinobi of that village. It is not a measure of strength as so many believe that it is.

6. HiddenETC

HiddenETC Second Year

But strength still helps, as the people of any village would feel more secure with a capable/powerful leader. If a people's leader cannot hold his own within a fight, how can he lead others into war? (and seeing as ninja are constantly fighting, that's actually more important in the Naruto world compared to some others.)

7. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

It isn't? Well they all go on about how you have to be the strongest ninja in the village, know thousands of jutsus bla bla...If it were just for the leader abilities they could as well go with just the village council. But with all the 'protecting the village and its people from any threat' stuff you simply have to be strongest guy around to do just that. And if the old Sandaime could make the ANBU (supposedly the best of the best) gape in amazement at his skill, variety of jutsus, etc. you can quite safely assume that he was the strongest ninja in Konoha.

8. Feoffic

Being strong on a battlefield does not equate into strength needed to be Kage, or any rank. We learned this during the Chunin exam arc, it doesn't matter how strong you are if you do not know how to use that dtrength properly.

9. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

Doesn't change that fact that you have to be strong anyways...and if someone is considered to be Kage than you can assume that the council is aware of him/her being strong and knowing how to use that. Besides, what would a Kage be good for (even if he's a good politician, diplomat, economist, etc.) if he can't do anything when facing enemy shinobi in front of your gates just waiting to burn down your village.

10. Feoffic

What the hell is it with a friggen Council in a Ninja village? They are supposed to be military dictatorships, not democracies dammit!

11. Evergreen_Queen

I have no idea. Really, the whole civil build of the villages are all messed up. I'm assuming the main income for ninja villages are the mission itself. Which is the reason for these ninja test. But the one thing that bugs me is that there's real back bone to the village. Sure a villages full of high class ninjas might win the war but say if the village had a civil war, then what well happen? I only thing I see is that all the small civil problems like taxes to bug ones like trading goes the kage! It's mess up!

12. Myst

Myst Headmaster

I thought of that problem myself. What the hell do civilians do? I solved it in my fic. Also solved on how in the world a ninja village can support itself on missions alone.

as for the council... well they are suppose to be the civlian's representives to the Kage to solve those kind of problems.

13. Feoffic

It is a mlitary dictatorship, civilians have no purpose in the Government.

14. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

The Akatsuki has to be powerful for Naruto and Co. to surpass them and be labeled the strongest. I mean, look at Deidara... took on a bijuu and dubbed it a dumb animal.

15. Evergreen_Queen

Didn't she lost an arm during battle? Plus I love her skills, making clay to a living weapon!!!! Can someone say win win.

16. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

..She/He also regrew both her arm's easily, or so it seems.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2006
  17. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

bah...didn't like daidara at all...probably my least favorite akatsuki member till now. this clay skill looked extremely lame and boring to me =/
    while he/she throws those little gay birds around gaara chases him/her with monster claws made of sand...no didn't like that fight :(

18. Feoffic

It was fuckin weak for her to beat Gaara with PLASTIC EXPLOSIVES. God, Kishie has lost all sense of creativety for Naruto, which has become nothing more than a pile of feces (bishie after bishie after bishie, absolutely NO plot, NO character development, a complete failing at explaining chakra [Kishie's new two element system does not explain Haku's ability in the slightest, it actualy contradicts it on so many levals], Naruto being able to best Kakashi [despite kakashi having years more experience than Naruto and the friggen Mengekyou Sharingan], Kakashi actually getting the final form of the Sharingan, and the purpesfull push towards a gay relationship between naruto and Sasugay).

19. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

yep...my words
    yeah...actually reminded me of some bad super!naruto fic i've read where he is super elemental ninja that can control the elements with just a blink of his eye (author called it supremacy or some shit)
    hmm...yeah wasn't like he killed obito personally or something
    dunno about that...after reading the manga i actually thought that the ships are still undecided...then i saw some of the crappy filler episodes of the anime where everything just seemed to scream naru/hina (there she's also suddenly somewhat strong...not that you ever find out about that in the manga -.-)

20. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

I'm going to have to disagree on you with this one. Deidara was the most creative thing Kishi has ever made. With him, he eventually increased the power and threat of the Akatsuki. In Part 1, most assumed that they were below the Sannin at most. Also, people though Gaara was eventually one of the strongest characters if he is around Sand. Deidara, someone who was totally unprepared managed to kill Gaara with his own strength, after claiming that it was hard NOT killing him. Later in chapters, we see him with Tobi almost single-handedly defeat Sanbi no Isonade, and then claim it was a dumb beast. So basically, Deidara had increased the threat and power of the Akatsuki, and managed to still be cool. 8D