1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto: juinjutsu and jinchuuriki

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by valcerou, Jul 30, 2013.

1. valcerou

valcerou Disappeared

Hello.

Apparently, all jinchuuriki are hidden villages' weapons so it would be natural to Kage to want more control over them.
    Does anyone know the reason why jinchuuriki weren't sealed with juinjutsu similar to Hyuuga caged bird?

2. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

I assume you mean how the Main House members can torture the Branch House members with their seal to keep them in line. Simplest reason would be that no-one other than those who created the Caged Bird Seal has been able to create a seal with that kind of function. They may have also wanted to avoid giving the jinchuuriki even more reason to resent their village, or it might have been considered too inhumane on top of everything else.

Maybe someone even tried it in the past but it backfired e.g. it had a negative impact on the jinchuuriki's seal, the jinchuuriki voluntarily killed themselves, they release their bijuu in retaliation etc.

3. valcerou

valcerou Disappeared

Thanks. That's what I thought too.

And I have another question about different kind of seals.
    We know that there are seals that can control mind. Sasori used such seal on Yura and Kabuto before Orochimaru broken it. So why not use mind seal on jinchuuriki?

4. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

I don't know of any actual canon reason, but there's lots of things you could guess at. The most likely reason could be what knight said for the other type of seal:
    Hell, the seal might just not work, the bijuu obviously have some impact on the host's mind, who's to say the bijuu wouldn't actively try to stop it from working?

I don't believe it was ever addressed in the manga, but really you can guess or make up tons of reasonable reasons why they wouldn't use that seal on jinchuuriki.

Edit: Obviously knight knows this better than I do. I suppose the bijuu would just heal the brain damage, then?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  5. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

@valcerou: That was just ninjutsu, not fuuinjutsu. Sasori buries a needle into the brain's memory centre to seal their memory but it's meant in a different sense from sealing techniques.

IIRC, Orochimaru's juinjutsu is the only seal that we've seen influence a person's mind and since that has the effect of removing the target's free will over time, it could do more harm than good for a jinchuuriki. And it wouldn't be something easily replicated since they contain his senjutsu chakra, his consciousness and the enzyme created from Juugo's body fluids. Any or all of those factors could have been what gave it that effect.