1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Law

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Chengar Qordath, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Synchro

Synchro High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Lee would get his backside handed to him, and very quickly. But I wouldn't mind seeing a proper Sasuke v. Gaara rematch. As to the original subject of the thread - it seems pretty much forgotten at this point.:)

2. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Depends; certainly normal Lee is no match for Sasuke, but if he opens all of his Inner Gates he might well be able to match or even beat Sasuke. Of course, opening all eight of the Inner Gates does mean Lee would die at the end of the fight, which kind of makes it hard to call that an unqualified win for Lee.

Pretty much, but as long as there's an interesting discussion going on I'm not bothered.

3. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Gaara has about as much chance as the rest. Not much at all.

4. Chengar Qordath

High Score:
    Gaara is kind of hard to classify at the moment; we don't know what his power level is like now that he's lost the Ichibi, but he still appears to be at around the same level as the other Kages and handled himself well enough during Sasuke's attack on the Kage summit. Gaara probably would lose in an all-out one-on-one fight though; if nothing else he'd suffer from the fact that Sasuke already knows all of Gaara's tricks.

5. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

We already know from canon that Sasuke's Chidori can easily break Gaara's sand defenses, and that was before all the refining he's done to the technique since that battle in the Chuunin Exams. Nevermind that Gaara no longer has Shukaku to play as a trump card and is probably as susceptible to the Sharingan's illusions as the next guy. Sasuke would probably defeat Gaara with little difficulty at this point.

6. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Lulz, what?

Have you read the manga?

Konan is one of three characters capable of true flight, and the only one who can do so unaided. That right there is enough to make her awesome.

And her paper is weak? Fire would own it? Did you forget that she easily blocked Jiraiya's fire jutsu with it? Water would weigh her down? Did you forget that Pain's summon used water to wash away the oil on her, and she immediately flew away?

Did you forget that she invaded Konoha alongside Pain and was effortlessly killing ninja just by suffocating them?

What is this garbage?

Konan is easily the character with the most untapped potential for an awesome fight in the entire manga right now. It would be a real shame if she didn't show up to help fight Madara as the new leader of Ame.

7. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Four by my count. CS2 Sasuke, Deidara, Sai and Konan. Might throw Temari in as a fifth, but I'm not entirely sure whether she can really propel herself on her fan as opposed to just gliding. I also seem to recall Gaara being able to do it in some fashion when he battled Deidara, though I certainly wouldn't count it as 'true' flight. Though I don't think we've seen him do it, I think it would also be a fair assumption that Juugo could sprout out curse wings similar to Sasuke's, were he so inclined.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  8. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Eh, Sasuke couldn't fly so much as use his wings to increase his vertical jump. Otherwise he wouldn't have had an issue with the dragon.

And I had forgotten about Sai, so I guess we'll add him in there with Konan, Deidara, and Gaara.

9. ReverseSide

ReverseSide Slug Club Member

Okay, this thread seems to be derailing.

So, on topic:

Rule #? : Guns are better than swords. As such, an old, ancient jutsu lost to the sands of time isn't very likely to be better than a new, modern jutsu.

Rule #? + 1: References/allusions to concepts outside the Naruto world rarely work. For example, Communism vs. Democracy.

Addendum: unless you're Case13. Then, you can pretty much reference anything and still have people praise you.

10. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

1. Love does non instantly just appear if one charcter sees another and the next sentence they wont be sucking face.

2. Naruto at age 4 doesnt go on long speaches about power.

3. Real ninja battles shouldn't look like a battle between Superman and Captain Awsome. They will fight hand to hand but super amazing strenght and heat ray isnt normal. Its all about deception better killer will probaly win.

4. The few ninja we see in canon are not the only Konoha ninja. They would not survive with 30-40 ninja it is not possible. Also all the known ninjas dont have to be best of friends. There would probaly be different cliques.

5. There are other strong ninja besides Kakashi in Konoha. It would be impossible for there not to be other A and up class ninja especily if Konoha is known for making the strongest ninja.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  11. Kthr

Kthr Unspeakable DLP Supporter

The Sage of the Six Paths created the moon with his ancient jutsu.

Do we have any canon-based timeline in Naruto? Konoha has been around for 4-5 generations(100years?) but exactly when was The Sage born to introduce the ninja techniques?

12. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Third Year

I think Konoha was established around 60-70 years before canon started. Madara and Hashirama were probably in their 20s-30s when they had their fight at the VOTE (which might have been anywhere between 1-5 years after the village was founded) and probably died soon after that fight or in the first shinobi war. Tobirama took over and probably had a short reign (1-5 years) before he was probably killed. Sarutobi then took over and was in charge of the village until just after the end of the third shinobi war when he instated Minato (which was probably anywhere between 1-5 years before the Kyuubi, though I'm leaning towards the smaller number).

The Sage probably came about anywhere between 200-500 years before canon start (there needed to be enough time for people to forget about the fact that Senjus and Uchihas are related and for that knowledge to be only on the tablet that held their history IIRC).

13. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If we look at canon, that's nowhere near true. The strongest character in the manga currently relies heavily on area of effect attacks and the fucking demon locked up inside his belly. The second strongest character in the manga decimated an entire hidden village with a jutus that literally turned it into a crater.

The strongest - hell, even the average - ninja in Naruto do not rely on stealth and cunning to do their work. They're more like battle mages with bushido than anything we might call a ninja. Naruto is to ninja as Twilight is to vampires, is the best way I can put it.

14. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

The Sage was probably around over a thousand years ago, one of the frog summons (Fukasaku?) thought the Sage was a myth and he is over 800 years old.

15. Chengar Qordath

High Score:
    While you're right about everything else, I would sat that cunning does matter for ninja battles; being insanely good at planning ahead (Shikamaru) or having a talent for pulling out unexpected tricks and improvising (Naruto) can be a decisive advantage even in high-level fights.

16. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ive got to disagree with both of these, first funny thing about Naruto in my opinion really, the further you go back the stronger the ninjas are all the way back to the Rikudo Sennin who made the Moon, so Im fairly certain any ninja worth their salt would murder their mother for one of his personal battle techniques and hes about as old it gets in Naruto world.

Next if you know what your doing I don't see how those don't work in fiction. Its not like those are pop band references, they are forms of government that have been around for a long time now.

17. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Cunning and making up shit as you go along play a huge part in battles. When Naruto beat Kakuzu it was because he realized the weakness of his Rasenshuriken along with Kakuzu's abilitys made it impossible to do things the normal way and adapted accordingly. When he fought Gaara the first time and stuck a shuriken up his ass, knowing he couldnt physically hurt Gaara himself at the time.

18. Chaoticblues

Chaoticblues Professor

Definitely over a couple thousand years old. For how long did the Naruto world have a moon again?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  19. redshell

redshell Order Member

It's pretty much guaranteed that some old jutsu that no one's ever seen before will win the fight. And probably be stronger. The thing is, it's pretty fucking likely that when the Sage of the Six Paths made jutsu, he made them to kick some ass. What we have now is either derivatives of what he made or shortcuts. That being said, ancient jutsu x probably requires like 50 hand seals, so it's easier to make three and produce roughly the same effect.

Also, on the note of made-up jutsu. Yes, you can do it. This doesn't mean you should. If you're going to make up a jutsu, just go with an English name for it. Also, don't make your jutsu ridiculously overpowered. Chances are, Wind Jutsu X is not going to defeat Fire Jutsu Y.

Speaking of elemental jutsu, see the above. Each type is defeated by another for a reason. This means that your entirely wind-based Naruto would probably get curbstomped by a guy of equal level who was entirely fire-based. Change things up. Naruto went on a 2 and a half year training trip with Jiraiya. I doubt the only thing they got done was getting Naruto to be able to control Kyuubi to some extent. On the training trip, that much exposure to Jiraiya will not have Naruto returning to Konoha without having at least some of Jiraiya's personality shining through. It just isn't possible.

20. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Do you want to know he difference between this thread and Potter Law?

Wit, and Bio Plague. Without those two factors, threads such as these inevitably fail.

As this one already has.