1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Fluffiness, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Naruto Mafia

Rules​

Day Length: 3 days (Day 1: 1 week)
    Night Length: 24 hours

Etiquette

I ripped this straight from Lutris' Hunt of Thrones because I can't say it better myself:
    • Do not lie about real-life commitments. If you are unable to play for a prolonged period of time or do not wish to continue playing, inform the game host.
    • Similarly, if someone says that they will not be available due to real-life constraints accept.
    • For the avoidance of doubt, this is not a role-playing game. Don't overdo it.
    • Keep non-game-related topics to a minimum in the thread.
    • If you are unable to be active, you will be replaced. Inform the game host if you are.
    • Be nice! We're all playing to have fun. Disparage someone's skill if you must, but please avoid personal insults!

Addendum: This is primarily a game of analysis. Removing the capability of players to perform analysis goes against the spirit of the game. Encoded messages, subtle references that only certain players would get or offsite references are frowned upon. Keep it fun for everyone.

The Game
    · No out of game communication about the game.
    · Posts may not be edited.
    · Quoting your role PM is not allowed.
    · Votes must be bolded, colored, and on a separate line.
    · In-thread questions for the mod must be bolded, colored, and on a separate line.
    · The lynch occurs when a majority of players vote the same player.
    · When there is a lynch, the Twilight phase will last until the mod confirms the player’s death. Please refrain from posting after that.
    · Dead players will receive a link to modchat so they can laugh at the living.
    · All mod decisions are final
    · There are no flips.

Tobi

Tobi is the third party in this game. He wins by surviving to the end of the game, when all the Leaf and Sound nin are dead. Tobi automatically wins almost all 1v1 matchups.​

Tobi
    · When checked, he checks innocent.
    · Any night, he may choose to become immune to NKs and vigilante kills for the rest of the game, and he gains a one shot kill. However, he then checks guilty for the rest of the game.

The Sound

The Sound nin are the scum faction in this game. They win when they are the only faction left, or when such a result is inevitable.
    Orochimaru
    · Can communicate with other Sound nin through QT.
    · Can, each night, attempt to poison players by matching roles to players. He stops poisoning when he decides to, or when he fails to match a player correctly.
    · Attempting to poison a vaccinated player will simply cause Orochimaru to skip over that player. The guess is still considered correct.
    · After a failed poisoning, his identity is revealed.
    · Chooses who to send to perform the scum kill each night.

Kabuto
    · Twice per game, he may choose a dead player, learn their identity, and use whatever powers they would have been able to use that night the next night.
    · Kabuto may puppet Orochimaru to use his poison. After he fails a poisoning using Orochimaru's power, his identity is revealed.

Guren
    · Each night, Guren may trap someone in crystal, making them unable to use their power that night.
    · Once per game, Guren may wear crystal armor instead of roleblocking, redirecting all night actions targeting her to a person of her choice.

Sasuke
    · Knows who Naruto checks.
    · When checked, he checks innocent

The Leaf

The Leaf is the town faction in this game. The ninja of the Leaf win when all of the Sound nin and Tobi are dead.
    Naruto
    · Every night, can check a player to see if they are town or not.
    · If he checks Hinata, they gain a shared QT.

Hinata
    · Knows Naruto’s identity.
    · If she is checked by Naruto, they gain a shared QT.

Jiraiya
    · If he is one of the last four players alive, his spy network will reveal the identities of the Sound nin to him.

Ino
    · Every night, can guess a living player’s role to possess them. If she is correct, next night, she may use whatever power her target was able to use the night she possessed them.

Sarutobi
    · When he is killed, he may summon the Shinigami to take someone with him. This kill bypasses all protections.

Kiba
    · Akamaru sacrifices himself to save Kiba the first time he would die at night.

Sai
    · Can attempt to kill someone after two consecutive mislynches. The counter resets after each time he can make a kill, whether he kills or not.

Sakura
    · Every night, she can vaccinate someone, making them immune from poisoning for the rest of the game. This vaccination takes place the night after she visits.
    · She may not deliberately target herself.
    · People she vaccinates are not informed.

Danzo
    · When the lynch vote is tied, or there is no lynch, Danzo chooses who will be lynched.

Neji
    · Once per game, Neji can use his Kaiten, making everyone who tries to visit him self-visit instead.

Chouji
    · Every night, may gift someone a food pill, letting them act twice the next night.

Tsunade
    · On the first night, Tsunade may send out her slugs to a person, creating a QT where they may communicate. She is told if she has neighborized Jiraiya.
    · She is immune to poison.
    · She may send out her slugs again whenever her previous partner dies.

Order of Actions and 1v1

+Lynch
    +Tobi Switches
    +Guren Redirects
    +Akamaru Guards
    +Tsunade Neighborizes
    +Neji Kaitens
    +Guren Roleblocks
    +Sakura Vaccinates, Naruto Checks, Chouji gifts pills, Kabuto Puppets, Ino Possesses
    +Sound Assassinates, Sai Kills, Orochimaru Poisons, Sarutobi Kills, Tobi Kills

1v1 goes Danzo>Tobi>Sound>Leaf. Sarutobi can tie with Sound.

Live List

2. @Citrus
    5. @Zenzao
    7. @Atum

Game Summary

@Rubicon was lynched Day 1

@fontisian died Night 1

@MathBlade was lynched Day 2

@Banks died Night 2

@Qgqqqqq was lynched Day 3

@Titus, @The Waco Kid, @TMNTurtwig died Night 3

@Snowvon was lynched Day 4

@Pozzai, @Jan died Night 4

@Kalas was lynched Day 5

@Newcomb died Night 5

@Typhon was lynched Day 6

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2015
  2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Vote MathBlade

for holding us up.

(<3)

3. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

Whoo! Game time!

FYI I still haven't read the setup because there's way too much.

---------- Post automerged at 22:07 ---------- Previous post was at 22:06 ----------

Damn Snow, I wanted to be first.

Vote: Snowvon

For Justice!

4. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Hi everyone! Looking forward to playing.

So one thing I want to get out in the open right away:

1. This is my first game of Mafia.

2. I don't know anything about Naruto beyond reading Menace's fics and enjoying them.

3. I don't know any of you personally except Qgqqqqq from IRC a bit.

I'd like to apologize in advance for any confusion/stupidity/unhelpfulness these three things cause.

So, before I start posting all willy-nilly, I wanted to ask a general question about Mafia:

As I researched the game in preparation to play, I came across the concept or theory that there are times when it's prudent for town NOT to discuss or speculate about certain things. That by doing so, you're helping scum more than you're helping town.

I'd like some feedback: What are those things, so I can avoid making that kind of mistake?

5. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

Your question can be situational, but in my experience potential NKs and roles are usually bad to speculate out loud, particularly early game.

6. Newcomb

Do you mean speculation about who is what role? I was planning on writing a post going over the roles and talking about how I thought they might interact and what someone could do with them - mostly for my own benefit but also to see if my thought process about Mafia kind of tracks with more experienced players.

Would that be a thing I shouldn't do?

7. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Vote Snowvon

8. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Lol Snowvon. It was Pride. Had to let the flag fly :D

Newcomb I would just focus on having fun. Everyone makes mistakes. I have made some hilarious ones myself. It is more important to have fun than be right.

That being said how you asked gives me a scum read on you. However I never lynch a news first day.

Vote Zenzao

9. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Time to re-read the rule-set, haven't looked at it since I signed up

10. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Well that is bad too but what Atum meant is scum would NK player X because blah.

Let's not role hunt let's scum hunt.

11. Titus

Titus Squib

Vote: Mathblade

Your entrance was really awkward. If you have a scumread, vote it. Help get out of RVS.

12. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Lol anyone who knows me knows I won't do that. Everyone plays some. :) If I still scum read them tomorrow I will vote them.

And entrance awkward lol riiiiiight. I am just so happy for SCOTUS's decision I just spaced.

13. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    There are some things better not openly discussed(as I myself discovered last game by mistake making an idle comment) and some things that specifically apply to No Flip games like this. I'd advise you to read up on some other games to see if you can get a good grasp on that.

In example, yes. Late D2 or early D3 should be the soonest we start even mentioning Player A is probably Roll B etc because of the Poisoner roll. The less info that the Scum have to work with the better and doubly so having that kind of power in their hands.

As for the remainder, I don't see how that should hurt.

Hiya Math! Lovely RVS there and also mentioning Newcomb's potential scumminess. I made something of the same mistake last game and got flambe'd for it, and since you were Scum that game with a rather nice attempt at wine, I'm going to counter vote you on reasons of suspicious behavior and being too fluffy.

Lynch Vote Mathblade

14. Newcomb

Okay, let me rephrase that. Does anyone think it would be productive to talk about the roles in a mechanical sense, like "Role X could do A, B and C and that would help town win, but Role X should definitely avoid doing E or F."?

Because with no flips, isn't role interaction going to be, like, the only way we get any real information?

15. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Okay so Titus and Zenzao seem on same thought path here.

Snow prob town.

Not sure if the three would be a group yet but something off.
    Newcomb day one is little to no information. It is rough for me and you asked a lot of the same questions I did as a newbie in my head. Just interact and be transparent. Scum will make themselves evident.

---------- Post automerged at 20:57 ---------- Previous post was at 20:53 ----------

And not at start Newcomb. It is more important to figure out who is trustworthy. Scum can monopolize mechanics discussion. The idea is to focus on investigation not mechanics. Eventually mechanics will come into play

Information over analysis is a scum tell. This makes me scum read you. Just play :)

16. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    That Math should be voting on who she believes a player is scummy, which would help push us out of RVS? Why yes, I think we are in agreement over that. Titus happened to post while I was still responding to Newcomb's questions.

And then doubt casting rather than turning the questions back on me directly, rather like our last interactions! Talk about deja vu.

So, yeah. We're gonna get on fabulously, you and I, my dear.

17. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

The three equals Titus/Zenzao/Newcomb

18. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Nice.

While I am at, I'll note that your scummate last game had similar interactions with new players and didn't vote for any of the three of us at the time.

---------- Post automerged at 00:02 ---------- Previous post was at 00:01 ----------

Yo Snow, Atum, wanna contribute to this? Or are you guys in the popcorn line behind OBS waiting for Rep to finish slathering butter on his jumbo?

19. MathBlade

MathBlade First Year

Too bad. Scum read me for it if you like but I am letting Newcomb play a bit.

I am posting my reads and moving on and you want a quick mislynch. Hence the suspicion because this is a belief I have stated every game. You and Titus know this. Hence the FoS.

20. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I'm soooo excited!

Vote: Fontisian