1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto Manga Thread Part 3

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Jon, May 29, 2015.

1. Goten Askil

Goten Askil Groundskeeper

Ah, finally an interesting flashback! I always forget that Naruto's childhood was shit, so I had missed them so much!

More seriously, am I the only one who was reminded of Menace's fic when Sakura did that gesture?

2. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh my, I almost forgot that tree. Thank you for reminding me. Of course the Uchiha bullshit Sharingan/Rinnegan combo becomes weaker so that the enemy can seem stronger so that at the end the fucking haxxor Uchiha can get another upgrade to his Sharingan/Rinnegan combo. They will call it Fuck-them-gan.

3. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

I interpreted it as Sasuke having used his eye-powers to locate the guy with Kaguya's dimension and then having to wait for them to recharge. If it is an exhausting/expensive skill then I see no problem with that.

Anyway, I was much happier with this chapter than the last few. Naruto telling Sarada that how you feel matters and not your blood is in line with his character and how he grew up himself. So far this moment is the high point of Gaiden for me.

And there's Orochimaru of course, who provides a lot of lulz. It is extremely surreal to see the way people interact with him but it certainly amuses me.

4. Sephiroso

Sephiroso Disappeared

Oh please, it was nothing more than cheap plot convenience. Same thing with Sakura looking like she's about to fight all the Shins, yet she heals their leader before doing so? Dafuck? If you were gonna fight, why the fuck would you heal him to add one more number to your enemies.

Also, in the flashback, anyone else take that as confirmation Sakura/Sasuke never kissed lol? Same thing with Sakura saying a poke to the forehead > kissing.

5. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

She didn't heal him.

6. Sephiroso

Sephiroso Disappeared

Explain his chest/stomach being patched up and the clear shot of the liver in the plate thing then. He's also getting up from the operating table.

7. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Looks like he operated on himself since he's shown using his Mangekyou's telekinesis to fiddle with his organs and tools and replaced his damaged parts with the parts from his clone. There's been a liver on that plate since he was first seen on the table.

Sakura healing just seems bizarre and I doubt he'd even need her if he's using these guys as replacement parts.

8. Sephiroso

Sephiroso Disappeared

You equate his ability to control weapons that he touches with his hands to him being able to operate on himself? Lol. Okay.

9. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

You can see him doing it at the end of Chapter 6 and start of Chapter 7.

10. VanRopen

VanRopen Headmaster

But if he is healing himself, why is Sakura even there?

11. Sephiroso

Sephiroso Disappeared

Ah damn, i guess during my first readthroughs, some of the bubbles were empty, i didn't see the "float" and "wiggle" descriptions on the pages with those metal things, thought they were merely surgical reverse tongs or something.

12. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Nah. Sasuke's sharinnegan is incredibly chakra intensive, as was established as soon as he got it. Just like Pain's rinnegan, it needs time to recharge after using its more world-breaking abilities (short range hiraishin with no tags what the fuck). That's the trade off for not blinding the user over time or immediately killing them via chakra exhaustion, I suppose.

Either way, it's not even close to a new development.

13. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Wrong place, wrong time. She got caught in the space-time jutsu since she was in-between the Shin Clones it was retrieving. It wasn't deliberate.

14. Sephiroso

Sephiroso Disappeared

Was referring to the timing of it all being plot convenience. Also, we weren't even shown Sasuke traversing through Kaguya's dimensions to find this guy prior to them fighting, and for all the searching Sasuke did, the guy found them so again, plot convenience since the searching didn't even get anything done.

Sasuke just found out their location this chapter, going by the line "As soon as i figure out their location, i'll take us all there". Since he would have said something like, "i found their location already, but as soon as my eye powers return, i'll take us there" if he already knew where they were from earlier. That's not even going into how the fuck would going into Kaguya's dimensions even help finding someone or why Kaguya's dimensions are still active but not even going there.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2015
  15. Striker

Kaguya's dimensions are still active because she's still alive. It's not rocket science. Rocketology? Whatever.

16. Sephiroso

Sephiroso Disappeared

As i said, that's not even getting into how her dimensions would even prove helpful in finding someone.

17. Vincent

Vincent Death Eater

If you're asking why he mentioned it then I think that Shin's base is actually in one of Kaguya's dimensions.

18. Striker

The general idea is that Kaguya's dimension runs parallel to all others, so no matter where Shin is, Sasuke can find him using her dimension.

19. Sephiroso

Sephiroso Disappeared

Where'd you hear that little nugget of information?

20. Striker

Look at how Kaguya used them in the climactic fight. Similar to Obito's Kamui, in that she sequestered herself in her dimension and traveled to a different point before popping out in that different point in the original dimension (or her cradle, as she called it). Except she didn't actually have to travel from point A to point B in her own dimension before popping back out, like Obito did with Kamui. The transition was immediate, because Kaguya's dimension isn't one to one like Obito's dimension was. You can get anywhere in the cradle dimension from Kaguya's dimension.

Call it an educated guess, and I could definitely be wrong, but that's what makes the most sense in the context of what Sasuke said.