1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Naruto: Sage of Six Paths and his Rinnegan

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by valcerou, Aug 7, 2013.

1. valcerou

valcerou Disappeared

Hello.
    I'm wondering was Sage born with Rinnegan or did he get it after sealing the Juubi in his own body.
    Just re-read manga and all databooks, but wasn't able to find the answer.

Oh, and one more question.
    How the hell Obito was able to seal the both Juubi's body and chakra in himself when we know that Sage sealed only chakra and sent the body to the moon?

2. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

We don't know. I think it's more likely he was born with it/born with the potential for it since I have to wonder how he managed to seal the Juubi without it in the first place.

Are we certain of that? He may have sealed it all inside himself, split the chakra into the Bijuu and then have sent the body into orbit.

Though even then, I'm not sure how Obito sealed the Juubi inside himself anyway.

And it'd probably be easier just to ask these questions in the Naruto Manga Thread rather than creating a new one.

3. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

I think it's safe to say that he had the Rinnegan before he sealed the Juubi into himself, since he passed it down to the Older Son (albeit a watered down version). Also, Jubito's Sharingan hasn't morphed into a Rinnegan yet, so yeah.

Also, the Sage didn't banish the Juubi's body into space to create the moon until after he'd split it into the nine Bijuu with his Creation of All Things technique.

4. valcerou

valcerou Disappeared

I see... basically we wouldn't know until Kishimoto will fully reveal this information.

...and was Sage actually Sage? like with Senjutsu and all? That would explain why Obito's new form is so similar to Kabuto's Sage Mode.

5. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

We don't know that either. (Edit: Though the recent chapter could imply that he was.) But I wouldn't think that any similarities between Obito and Kabuto were to do with senjutsu. Kabuto's looked the way he did because of his body modifications i.e. injecting himself with Orochimaru's DNA and chakra, followed by all the other sound guys. I think the only effect senjutsu had on his appearance were the horns (signs of a snake sage) and big black markings (which I think came from Juugo).

If there's a similarity between Obito and Kabuto, I think it might be because the Juubi also fused with Obito's body rather than just being sealed inside like most jinchuuriki.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  6. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Here's a question: Now, I'm not much one for Astronomy, but even I know the Moon influences the tides. If the moon didn't exist before the Sage of Six Paths, what the hell was the planet/ocean like before then?

7. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

If for some god awful reason you really want to try and apply that level of logic to this, you can say that the Juubi controlled the tides, along with all other aspects of nature. Seeing as it's pretty much god and all.

8. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

By real world physics, and assuming the Naruto-Earth or w/e you want to call it is more-or-less the same as the real Earth, the planet should have been in a permanent Ice Age, if not a straight Hoth recreation. The tides are the primary drivers behind the largest currents in the ocean (especially in the Atlantic), and those currents essentially dictate global temperature, mostly by moving warm water from the equator toward the poles.

Earth receives sufficient energy from Sol that life would most likely still have evolved, but it would be very, very different from anything we recognize.

Of course, the Naruto-verse runs on Shounen Physics, which basically means the only difference before and after was the appearance of the night sky.

9. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Naruto-Earth (they should call it that in the manga) also apparently has a bunch of rocks floating around the planet anyway. At least I hope considering how quickly they arrive when Nagato/Madara summons them.

10. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Eh, fair enough, I guess.

Thanks for the info, I was really curious. Though it does make the Sage of Six Paths seem even more badass, if he lived during a(n) (Not-so) eternal Ice Age.