1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Nationstates

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Midknight, Sep 6, 2005.

1. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

i got nazi rallys... thats it no more free speech

2. realmess

realmess Slug Club Member

wow,
    I actually said let them rally, you know "keep your friends close, and your enemies closer." That way if I need to find them and lock them up I know for whom to look. :twisted:

3. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

they'll sign a patition to raly or they will try to go to court so you know who they are eather way

4. realmess

well, not as many would sign petition. If you appear to be lax, the radicals won't try to hide so hard. At least that's what I think. *shrugs* it's play anyway 8)

5. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Damn right, when theres a cruise missle up in the air with their name on it, it's always good to know exactly where they gather!

6. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

My state has just become a Psychotic Dictatorship, can't imagine what i did to deserve that.

7. Lady Rebecca

Lady Rebecca Professor

American by birth, Southern by the grace of god (A
  8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I don't know about you guys but The Hippie-Communist Empire of Eel Cezno is my fav...

9. Western_Frontier

Western_Frontier Second Year

^ that was me

10. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Some people take that site WAY too seriously.

heres a telegram I got today:

Regarding your vote in favor of the Promotion of Solar Panels resolution.

“This proposal, as written, would be the most economically catastrophic UN proposal ever voted on by this body, due to the requirement of utterly changing the way the world uses energy. I urge all UN members to vote AGAINST.” – Frisbeeteria, Nationstates Game Moderator, in the UN discussion forum thread on the Promotion of Solar Panels resolution.

http://forums.jolt.co.uk/showpost.php?p=9612611&postcount=36

We couldn’t have said it better ourselves. We are not against environmental resolutions but this resolution in particular is horrible and must not be permitted to pass.

Among those following the forum debate on this, sentiment is overwhelmingly against this proposal for several reasons.

The author gave absolutely no consideration to the cost…. some of the participants in the discussion however did. Estimates are ranging between $15,000 and $45,000 per household just to cover household energy consumption with solar generation. In sunny climates. That is completely leaving aside industry and *all forms of transportation*. This would bankrupt almost any nation in NS. The cost to DarkLordPotter, based on the cheapest estimate just to give the benefit of the doubt, would be 330 billion. Again, just to cover *household energy consumption*. Things like refrigerators and washing machines. That's 25% of your entire national GDP according to the economic calculator we referenced, and you still need to multiply that by many times to cover the energy demands of industry and transportation.

The science is horribly bad. You cannot replace the energy output generated by fossil fuels with energy from solar panels without practically covering the surface of the planet in the things, which can’t be done. This problem has been pointed out to the author repeatedly, who keeps denying it is a problem while refusing to explain how he expects the mandates of this resolution to actually be implemented.

“NOTING that Solar Panels provide each home with the most reliable source of electricity.”  Wrong. We are unsure how anyone could think that always getting sunlight shining on a specific area where you happen to set up your panels is a reliable occurance. Apparently the author neglected to account for the existence of clouds.

The entire discussion thread on this proposal can be found here:

http://forums.jolt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=440951

We urge you to *please* read it and change your vote. This resolution must be defeated, it would be a disaster if it passes.

-The Supreme Governing Council of Reformentia
    -----------------------------------

yes because if I pass a make believe resolution, in a make believe world government vote process, I might ruin the make believe world... Some people really must not of read the warning label on the microwave that says DO NOT STICK YOUR HEAD INSIDE AND TURN ON.

Weirdos.

11. realmess

:twisted: ew, Midknight, how totally nasty of you to burst their bubble. :twisted:
    what can I say, they must truly want to live someplace else.
    :cheers:
    I just go and vote the way I feel like which resulted in me being promoted to Left-Leaning College State :O_O:
    whatever

12. SlytherinDamian

SlytherinDamian Raptured to Hell

I hope they are taking it that seriously because they are considering jobs where they could eventually one day face such issues. If it's just role-play gone too far, that's very sad.

13. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I think somebody should propose an amendment to systematically round up and exterminate all Mudbloods...and people named Ginny. :)

14. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Death to Ginny :twisted:

15. realmess

keep hoping

HOPE, n. Desire and expectation rolled into one. /Ambrose Bierce Devil's Dictionary/

16. Old Nuit

Old Nuit High Inquisitor

Well it could always happen with STD!Ginny.

17. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

but that would take so llong

18. realmess

*snickers* or Harry finally getting to know some interesting girls :twisted:
    it's good they broke up in HBP :p

19. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

yes well let hope it stay that way

20. realmess

there goes that word again *tsk, tsk* I'd say let's make sure it stays that way :wink:

one can say I have little faith in JKR