1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Need Opinion on fic idea

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Hpsleuth11, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Hpsleuth11

Hpsleuth11 Guest

Hi I;m considering creating a fic right after HBP comes out. This fic would have a half vampire type Harry. Hed be alot like Blade only he needs blood, and he is immortal (though alive). Basically i would have Harry sent to an Au by the fates after they make a deal with him. In return for having him save this universe from Voldemort (for reasons i will not go into), he will get to die (seeing as everyone he loves is dead this is more of a gift then a curse). In turn Harry's soul gets sent into the most available body, and that is of the Heir to Ravenclaw in the late 1700's. So Harry whos is still a half vampire has travels the globe learning and meeting new people till his time to face a much stronger Voldemort arises, and perhaps finding love and the will to live along the way.

Let me know if its a good plot idea and if i should consider pursuing it. Also if someone would be willing to help me write it that be much appreciated since i have a tight schedule and if itd be a duod work that would ease the update issue.
    OK well im done ranting let me know what you guys think.

2. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

O_- ... on paper it sounds like a decent idea that has potential to be a good story.. but i think itd have to be VERY well written ... and possibly a major focus on his re-gaining a will to live and lesser focus on the actual war with voldie..

3. Lord_Slytherin

Lord_Slytherin Third Year

Ok – I’m not totally sure if I’m understanding it properly.

So, Harry goes to an AU where he gets a new body, who happens to be the heir of Ravenclaw in the 1700s. Then he travels the world for around 200 years, shags girls and becomes uber powerful, preparing him for an eventual confrontation with Voldemort in the same AU? If that’s the case, why doesn’t Harry just murder Voldemort when he’s still a kid to prevent the forthcoming confrontation? But then again, you could bring in a few interesting philosophical questions from that angle:

Can the child Tom Riddle be held accountable for the actions of Voldemort in another universe?

Can you be punished for a crime you haven’t yet committed?

Does fate exist, and will Tom riddle of this universe follow the same path as in Harry’s universe.

Maybe Harry could be on the verge of killing innocent child Tom, and then have second thoughts about it, instead waiting until he becomes Voldemort.

Overall, the idea definitely has promise. I’ve always liked Vampire fics – although AUs are usually very hit and miss. Also, If your going to have such a complicated backstory, make sure that you explain it really well.

4. Antivash

That would be interesting... Lemmie know if you dun write that.. i might do something like that out of boredum if you dont

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

its sounds like it will be good but the question is do you have the ability to write that kind of fic.

6. Hpsleuth11

Hpsleuth11 Guest

Ability isn't the problem because i have the time frame for each chapter more or less set up and I write well (and the mistakes i do make i'll have a beta fix'em). The problem is motivation, and whether real life gets in the way of writing. Thats why i'll probably just have someone help me co write it. But im still looking around seeing what people like i dislike about fix.
    Like ships and such, although the ships are most likely going to be few in this fic.

7. zUzaque

zUzaque Seventh Year

sounds good. but what i'm woundering is if harry will get his body vack, or if he stays in the heirs, and if he does get his body back, does the heir get it back, or is the heir dead, i'm not sur wat you mean by 'available body'. oh, and if you dont have a beta, i'll be your back-up, i'm not that good at grammar, but i can be your last resort. Cheers.

8. Hpsleuth11

Hpsleuth11 Guest

no we won't get his body back and no neither will the heir. i mean available because the heirs body will have died. What i mean to say is it would be a sort of scene where the heir dies and right upon death, harrys soul goes into the heirs. It his body now.

9. Antivash

sooo... any progess on this so far?

10. Hpsleuth11

Hpsleuth11 Guest

well ive currently been plotting out the timeline for each chapter and noting specifically what happens in each one. since my story has an au and time travel i need to be specific with what goes on in said time. And also what happened canon wise in the time frame. Also im currently looking for a co writer seeing as i have school going on.

11. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I'm doing a half-vampire post-HBP Harry story also but its completely different.

I'll be looking forward to reading this thou if you get around to doing it. If you need to bounce any ideas off someone, I could help there.

12. Hpsleuth11

Hpsleuth11 Guest

i should start getting to the writing in like a few weeks, earlier if i can find a co-writer, but yeah once i do ill post here first, see what everyone thinks of it.

13. Hpsleuth11

Hpsleuth11 Guest

So does anyone want to help me write it? Said person should have decent grammar, knowledge of canon, and decent in history. History's my favorite subject so I'm well versed in it but for discussion purposes said person should have decent knowledge of History.
    Also I'd like to have someone to swing ideas back and forth with. I'm very talkative about this fic, and i have alot of ideas, about it. So if anyone would like to dicuss this fic and help write it with me, just drop me a line.
    Aim would be needed.

14. zUzaque

zUzaque Seventh Year

argh! why does everyone have aim!? i have always used msn and always will, i dont know 1 person (whos not on here) who uses aim! whatsup with that

15. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I cant stand aim. Ive used trillian when i had the same aim/yahoo/msn name, but atm I use yahoo for the webcam/im's and then Xfire when i'm in games.

16. Spacks

Spacks Order Member DLP Supporter

I use MSN, could I grab yours off you please?

It'd be good to talk about HP stuff once in a while :D

17. sgtoutlaw

sgtoutlaw Second Year

Going to start trying to use the new Goggle talk messenger. Mainly because I am in a way just a person who likes google. The email is great, search is great, groups, ect. But also because it is nice looking but light. All these extra things to these other messengers makes me mad o_O. The only problem though is getting friends to use it with, lol.