1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

New Forums

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Lord Ravenclaw, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Today I added two new forums.

1) Library > Restricted Section

This forum is for NC-17 and slash fanfiction. I was tired of seeing the clutter in Mature Discussion, and now Mature Discussion is just what it implies...more adult discussion, rather than it's father, sick and perverse.

2) FanFiction Extras > Work by Author > Mature Work by Author

This forum is for NC-17 and slash works by authors here on the forums. Same reason as Restricted Section, need to separate it out more. Is a subforum to Work by Author.

If you see any stories misfiled, PM me or one of the mods to move it to the correct forum.

2. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Finally brought slash back into the library, eh... Should I say it? Should I? Nah...

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

*sighs* There isnt really a need for that, is there? Starting all that up again isnt really smart.

Anyway, the Restricted Section idea has been tossed around for awhile and has only just come into effect. This way, I feel, is a lot better.

4. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Slash is discouraged, but as we allowed it to be posted in Mature it's only fair it's allowed in Restricted Section.

5. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Exactly, Restricted Section is a good idea, way better than stuffing everything in Mature Discussion. I'm officially satisfied. :)

6. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

Restricted section: nice. I never did understand why fics were allowed in a discussion forum...

7. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

I like this better then just going into the Mature Discussion for fic...it sometimes gets weird in there...Good job with the new sections.

8. Spacks

Spacks Order Member DLP Supporter

Why are you even allowing slash in the first place?

I can just see this place being overrun by Harry/Draco fans in the next 10 minutes.

9. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Err... because there's a few exceptions to every rule that even the people here may enjoy?

I know there's a couple H/G fics that can be good. Ditto for slash. (The Mirror of Maybe? Hogwarts Apprentices? Faith? Lightning on the Wave's series?)

And you need not fear being overrun by slashiness when every other poster here will make it explicitly clear their opinion on slash.

10. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    At the time that someone joins and says that they are major slash fans is the moment that they get banned.

11. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Link: Not necc. I happen to like Apoc and she's a slashy.

Spacks, it's an effort to remain fair as some folks whine their fucking heads off and call us control freaks if we try to keep something off OUR boards... yeah I don't get it either.

I've read maybe one Slash that skipped the sec scenes and was readable, I've looked at maybe 10000 that sucked.

12. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I've run across some decent slash fics from time to time... I just avoid 99.999999999999999999999999% of them like the plague because they have one of the following three pairings

Harry/Snape: It's too... I dunno... Greasy.

Harry/Draco: I have to put up with enough emo people in school each day... Why would I want to read about this emo-fest?

Harry/Lucius: Need I say more?

Harry/Cedric: Fangirl masturbation material

or worst yet -- though if canon were followed this is the only one with a REMOTE shot

Harry/Ron: Rupert Grint is a retard! And the character he plays isn't any better.

But I've gone off topic...

Thanks for creating the Restricted Section, MD was really started to get cluttered with those story threads -- especially during the last 2.5/3 weeks

13. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

The restricted section in nice... and needed if you ask me. It just felt strange to have stories mixed in with normal discussion in MD.

I can read slash fics, but the majority of what I read is either highly recommended or creeps up on me unexpectedly. I don't like romance centred fics and so any slash I do encounter is light. I have high standards when reading a fic anyway. 99.5% of all fanfiction is shit, whether that be slash or het it doesn't matter.

If truth be told some people on this site take the hatred of slash and Ginny too far, but that's just my opinion.

14. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Nah -- we're just bitter because a ludicruous majority of those fics repulse us.

Or, if they're like me, they've read one too many Harry/Ginny romancy 'canon' fics during their fandom newbie stage and decided that in order for they to even CONSIDER touching another fic with Ginny in it, said fic must be both highly recommended and be able to turn water into wine.

15. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Aye, I read a buttload of H/G fics in my "newbie" days, as they were the only completed fics around.

Dakaath is what led me here, and I've since started reading WiP's.

16. LINKed up

Midknight: But Meow isn't a total slash person, and thats what I was talking about. Hence the "major" part of my statement.

17. apocalypsemeow

apocalypsemeow Professor DLP Supporter

Well, since I've been mentioned twice here, I figured I might as well say something.
    Good job Raven! I think making a new subsection was a good idea. Having stories in MD was a bit odd...

And besides...I can't imagine DLP playing host to a mess of SlashFangirls.
    I mean, if ANYONE came in here, and started acting extremely...fangirly (or fanboy-ish?), with some sort of stereotypical, ditzy, extremely low IQ posts, I would imagine they would not last long.
    As has been demonstrated before...

18. LINKed up

/me has a flashback to oldmagic

I hope that we don't have a repeat of that...