1. The second prompt is revealed! (Q2 2018)

"Breaking into Snape's office in the middle of the night was a risky move at the best of times..."

Deadline is June 18th, also known as the 22nd Anniversary of a seriously sad day—a tremendously black day for anyone.

As with before you can check out the new thread discussing scoring, rules, and other such matters in the in the Story Competitions forum.

Dismiss Notice

New here, from the depths of a darker area.

Discussion in 'Introduction Archives [Closed]' started by Legato Deathscythe, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Legato Deathscythe

Legato Deathscythe Squib

Hi folks,

Used to do a hell of a lot in the Evangelion fandom then started paying more attention to HP. Started up a couple of ideas fanfic wise, like an actually HP?Evangelion cross that is still growing in my head. ANd one where Harry is now in Galactica... trying to make it work without ignoring both series good points, while being stared at by cats. :fire

Prefer having read the books over the movies, but that's me I suppose. I always prefer books over the movies, though I will say the music from them rocks... And I'm still wondering why every time I go to spell from I end up typing form.

2. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Could do with some more info. Favorite pairings, etc. There's a sticky thread with an outline we encourage newcomers to consult.

I'm actually trying to work on an Evangelion crossover right now. With Mass Effect though, not HP. I'd like to see a good one with HP, however.

3. Legato Deathscythe

Legato Deathscythe Squib

Pairings wise I have no real preference. I do abhore character bashing. I fought a flame war or three on this in the Evangelion fandom, I don't like it here either.

My Evangelion/HP crossover sticks with the canon ending of DH until Third Impact. I'm going to have to work on that more for chapter 2.

And what is this sticky thread you mention?

4. Red Aviary

High Score:
  5. Legato Deathscythe

Legato Deathscythe Squib

Sweet.

Now to ponder how Harry comes up with a viable but wrong idea that ties Galactica into the world he knows. (new Galactica)

6. aaltwal

aaltwal Auror

If you want to discuss your plots, there's a thread for that. Anyway, I find it distasteful about your signature promoting your own forum site, while at the same time hastily writing a quick introduction.

7. Legato Deathscythe

Legato Deathscythe Squib

Well now to build up on what I had here initially.

I have been writing Fanfiction in general since 2001 and was in the Evangelion Fanfic community. I don't usually care much when it comes to pairings but I don't mind a flame war if it becomes necessary. Right now, not much going on. I'm trying to cross Harry Potter over with a bunch of stuff and still maintain the flavor and realities of both. Far too many HP crossovers toss Harry's magic out the window.

They quantify it and filter it until there's no real magic in it. SG crossovers seem to be especially guilty of this 90% of the time. :facepalm

I'll read most anything at least once... much like when it comes to food. I don't have much of an issue with characters in the series and I don't really do too much to out the canon in my works. Sometimes I will and sometimes I won't depends on what I think will fit the situation I'm trying to craft. Like the current HP crosses I'm working on. Two of them Harry is single, one of them everyone else is dead. The other sticks hard with canon at first and then tangs everyone. (Tanging someone is a reference to the Eva fandom if you didn't know.)

Always interested in new ideas and something more on what I'm working on. I'm hoping also to have something that could be a dark/evil Harry or comedy challenge for folks posted on FFN here at some point. Using an old Fanfic cliche and dropping it on it's head. :fire

---------- Post automerged at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Sorry bout that. Not so much on the forum there as I care about the archive. Dedicated 10 years of my life there, but if you don't like it and I'll assume you have the same opinion as others I'll dump that part of my signiture no problem.

8. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Between your name, you deliberately using terminology from another fandom then going out of your way to highlight it without explaining it and pimping your fanfic archive and your blog in your signature (while going out of your way to make it clear that you're the owner-operator) all combine to form a picture of someone I want to punch in the face.

Finding out that you're 32 and describe yourself as 'Lord Darkscythe, High Lord of Darkscribes, Dark Lord of the Fics' doesn't help either. And then there's the avatar of a generic glowing improbably-haired anime thing looking smug in front of a dark background... ye gods, I hate you already.

9. Legato Deathscythe

Legato Deathscythe Squib

Meh, haven't changed that thing in ten years. Need to do that, thanks for the insight on that FFN thing. Don't deliberatly use other terminology for fun. It is rather relevent when you're crossing one fandom with another. But will attempt to not care and be polite currently.

Reminds me of the good old days around here.

10. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

An Eva/HP...h to dream. Warlocke's a terrible tease, in that he has several scenes written, but with no connections with them. )He also refuses to share.) Tried it myself sometime ago, but I could not for the life of me get the worlds to combine.

@Sion. Would love to read a Mass Effect/Evangelion crossover.

OP: You're the guy behind Darkscribes? I find that pretty cool. Mined that place a while ago, and I do recall many of them being unfinished. Your intro is still reserved on things about you, still focused on plot-ideas, but whatever.

As to those wondering about tanging? At the end of Evangelion everyone becomes a liquid called LCL, the blood of Lilith. They usually have some relevant vision before they do, sometimes giving insight into the character. The minor ones especially. It's a pretty specific thing and clarification would have been better.

A word of advice. If you are looking to improve your writing skills, by reading your ffnet account it seems you are, then here is a good place to get said critique. WBA

I'm assuming you meant the internet? Word of advice. DLP is not your usual forum.

11. Red Aviary

High Score:
    Oh good. I might post it here for critiquing once I'm done hammering out the details -- which are numerous. I'm not doing a "suddenly Shepard finds herself in an alternate universe and the Normandy plows into Giant Naked Rei at full speed!" sort of thing, I'm merging the two together in a more seamless way. Since I'm almost done with school for now it's slow-going, but once summer starts hopefully I can focus more attention to it.

That's what I always say though. In reality, my attention drifts everywhere and nothing ever gets done. :(

/thread derail.

12. Legato Deathscythe

Legato Deathscythe Squib

Yea, actually I meant back in the days when the last fandom I was in was pretty active. Now the forums are dead and empty. At least here reminds me of the time when we were all around and were pretty much dicks to all the newbies.

Yea, I'm the guy behind DS, though I'm planning to undo a lot of things there at some point.

As it relates to things about me, what you want? I do stuff in RL to keep alive and try to write things for fun and profit. Fanfics for fun, original stuff eventually for profit. Not that I seem to be getting much of either done.

13. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Your mother makes limp bacon. Die in a fire, you ignorant little cockboil.

14. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Your screen name and avatar makes me want to punch you. It (the name) screams 'World of Warcraft!' to me.

15. Legato Deathscythe

Legato Deathscythe Squib

Yeah well the name predates WOW by about 5 years. And the original avatar was something a friend did up based on my physical description around 9 years ago.

16. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

His name pisses me off more because of Legato from Trigun. :| THIS WILL NOT STAND.

17. Legato Deathscythe

Legato Deathscythe Squib

And your nick is as irritating as the crappy cartoon it's from. Yet... we must live with it.

18. aaltwal

aaltwal Auror

Guess he really sees himself as a dark lord. Hey Chris.

[​IMG]

19. Palindrome

Palindrome A bigger, darker mark Moderator DLP Supporter

Aatwal, keep it to the stalking thread. Let's not scare new members 'cause we can.

Though you do look better with short hair, OP.

Ash
  20. Legato Deathscythe

Legato Deathscythe Squib

Meh... strange thing is that that pic was taken in 2002... and I look almost the exact same as I did then... except my hair is shaggier now... And sides... it's not like I haven't posted that pic on DS or Facebook... or really disconnected my name much.

... Oh and the teeth for anyone wondering? NOT FAKE! They grew in like that.