1. Hey Guest,

Are you handy with Photoshop? Do you feel the DLP Anakin logo is tired and old? Do you want to win a special as of yet undetermined prize? Join the DLP Banner Photoshop Competition! Fame, fortune, and the respect of your peers await those that enter. Sadness, despair, and a deep self-loathing await those that do not.

Enter the competition.
    Dismiss Notice

News (that doesn't deserve its own thread)

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Taure, Aug 27, 2014.

1. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Tactical Tomato DLP Supporter

I'm not certain here, but I think the Paris comment was a joke.

2. Invictus

Invictus Heir

I know. But for a joke work at least something has to be true. As it was said, it was just depressing. And wrong.

3. Wildfeather

Wildfeather Seventh Year Prestige

High Score:
    You can keep that Irma shit away from Tampa Bay, thanks. I've been here for just 6 years and never had any problems with hurricanes, and I reckon that with a track record like that we should keep it way.

That being said, I'm boarding up my windows and storing 10+ gallons of water at my house. Will need to see about foodstuffs (we can survive with what we have on hand, rice and noodles plus some frozen veggies and meats). It's not like my grill will stop working if the power goes out, but I'm not terribly interested in grilling in the hurricane wind/rain if I don't have to. I'll pre-cooked everything on Thursday/friday. I've got coolers on hand to keep stuff moderately cold, and cooked salty food will keep better than the raw stuff.

That being said, the major danger is wind, and we will be doing our wind danger prep today (windows and checking for possible projectiles and mitigating them as best as possible).

4. Lindsey

Lindsey Order Member

The models have indicated a more Eastern Track now; generating the worse possible route it could take.

It is now looking like Irma won't make landfall in Cuba (and weaken it) but instead curve north earlier and either give a direct hit to Miami or hug the Eastern Coast of Florida all the way up until it hits Georgia or SC.

I'm not sure which is worse. A direct hit by a category 5 storm on a major city would be horrifying, but having the eye hug the coast means the storm will not weaken and many cities up the coast will feel the brunt of the eyewall AND we will still be dealing with a landfall of a major hurricane in areas much less prepared.

5. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The states voted red, and I was laughing at the budget hit they'll take more than anything else. No matter who got flooded, it'll be the rest of their state (and the country) who will pay for it.

6. Nazgus

Nazgus Death Eater

The funny thing for me is that a lot of Texas legislators voted against Sandy aid, and now they're going to be begging for it themselves. It'll be interesting to see what mental hoops they jump through to justify that one.

7. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hypocrisy is a disease particular to politicians, but it's become clear over the last decade that the GOP is Patient Zero.

8. Blinker

Blinker DA Member DLP Supporter

Henry Blofeld has done his last TMS. I've only ever followed cricket sporadically, more as a background noise to the summer than any real attention, but listening to his last few overs of commentary left me a little choked.

9. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

10. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Unspeakable

You left out the best part.

11. CareOtters

CareOtters Headmaster DLP Supporter

12. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
  13. CareOtters

CareOtters Headmaster DLP Supporter

It was decided that his "bounty" on one of Hillary Clinton's hairs was too close to paying someone to assault her. I'm sure all the shit he pulled on Twitter accounted in there as well, and this was just the hair which broke the camel's back and got his bail revoked.

I've seen this Fake!Newsed a fair bit already, people bullshitting things like "he got away with massacring gays and blacks with aids price hikes but couldn't even harm ONE hair on a rich white woman without getting arrested."

14. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

It's just a prank, bro.

No, seriously, that's the essence of his defence for this. Truly, he is the alpha of all douchebags.

15. BTT

BTT Order Member

16. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

Australian politician helps charity fundraiser go viral, by accident.

The actual number raised is a bit higher at $137,955 as of writing this post.

17. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Tactical Tomato DLP Supporter

Cory Bernardi what a fucking dill. He once claimed that gay marriage would lead to bestiality too.

18. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

19. wolf550e

wolf550e High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

20. BTT

BTT Order Member