1. Hey Guest,

Are you handy with Photoshop? Do you feel the DLP Anakin logo is tired and old? Do you want to win a special as of yet undetermined prize? Join the DLP Banner Photoshop Competition! Fame, fortune, and the respect of your peers await those that enter. Sadness, despair, and a deep self-loathing await those that do not.

Enter the competition.
    Dismiss Notice

News (that doesn't deserve its own thread)

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Taure, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Invictus

Invictus Heir

My opinion? Fuck'em. Fuck that guy and fuck everyone that bought Battlefront II. We all knew how Battlefront I ended up like and its horrendous Season Pass. We all fucking know what EA is like. We knew about their attempts at loot box. They still bought it. They enable, no, I'm sorry, they created this behaviour by EA thanks to doing something literally no sane market does, buying and paying premium prices for incomplete, defective products and then paying premium prices to have it fixed/completed.

You bought an EA game, specially one with such a horrendous reputation, and then didn't have the saving grace to refund it after seeing the pile of shit it is? You own it, like everyother shit client.

2. Seyllian

Seyllian Professor DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh, look. They reduced the original scaling, but it's still a shitty way to conduct your business. Someone from Reddit calculated that, to get all the things in the multiplayer without spending money, it would take about 4,000 hours. For a full price AAA game, that, will most likely only have a healthy player base for like 1-2 years that's absurd.

Fuck EA.

3. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Eh now people are just going to buy it so they can #metoo it. Anything so they can complain and have people positively reinforce them for their complaints with upvotes.

4. Paladin

Paladin Second Year

High Score:
    @Seyllian That's hilarious. Because finishing the campaign rewarded the player with a loot crate with 20,000 credits in it. They've reduced it to 5,000 now.

>buying this shitheap
    I sure hope you guys don't do this

5. Seyllian

High Score:
    In the beta? They said that the numbers were inflated because they wanted people to be able to actually accomplish something in it.

6. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Tactical Tomato DLP Supporter

Literally all these fucks had to do was remake the original two games and add ground to space combat. I am genuinely impressed by how thoroughly they fucked up a sure thing.

7. Arthellion

Arthellion Groundskeeper

High Score:
    See...if this was done in a vacuum. And an apology was offered.

I'd buy the game.

But its not in a vacuum. EA has had crappy business practices for years. Enough is enough.

No more buying EA games from me.

8. Gengar

Gengar Polymagus Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's not crappy business practice. It's just sensible. You could even argue it would be negligent towards their shareholders not to try this (especially since I think it'll probably still sell 8m+).

I'm with @Invictus. Gamers need to grow some balls and put their money where their mouths are.

All of the complaining in the world won't do shit. FIFA cleans up yearly with similar business practices, and this is with them having hilariously been voted 'worst company in the US' several times already.

9. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
    Thing is, most people (i.e. people not on reddit, FIFA/Madden buyers, people who just don't know enough, 12-year olds with access to mom's credit card because it's tied to the XBox Live account) will buy the game anyway. EA wants to retain the whales--big spenders--and whales need a playerbase to lord their lootbox shit over. The only way to change anything is to not buy the game at all. No playerbase=whales don't have incentive to spend.

But beside the lootbox crap, the gameplay and graphics are apparently fucking amazing, so people will go "I'll just buy the game, but not any lootboxes". Yeah, great. You are the perpetual motion engine that fuels EA's business model.

I kinda feel sorry for the grinders at DICE. They work their asses off to make a shiny game, then EA comes in and fucks it all up.

10. Anarchy

Anarchy Prisoner DLP Supporter

Nope, these are the live prices. After the outrage, they reduced the cost of heroes by 75% to make it look they "changed" something, but what they didn't mention was they also reduced the rewards by 75%, so nothing's actually changed. They're just trying to make it look like they changed something.

11. Gengar

High Score:
    Changing prices sounds Sales side, changing in game rewards though sounds Dev side

12. Rehio

Rehio Alchemist DLP Supporter

I don't give them any credit for lowering the price. It was already speculated before they made the price-lowering move that they had done this on purpose; make the prices outrageous so they can say "We're lowing them by 75% because we're listening to YOU."

Like fuck.

13. Invictus

Invictus Heir

Typical EA. Getting free publicity so they can look less bad for doing what they're going to do anyway. People play right into it. Fuck em.

14. Gengar

High Score:
    Didn't they also lower the credits you get per game or whatever? Resulting in zero net change?

15. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Tactical Tomato DLP Supporter

That's the word going around. The AMA they're supposedly doing should be amusing, even if I'll be feeling bad for the poor schmuck manning the account getting reamed.

16. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
  17. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
    Hopefully this will turn out to be the genie EA can't put back in the bottle.

But I doubt it. Unfortunately, plenty of useful idiots will still buy into the Star Wars angle and ignore what EA is doing.

18. Seyllian

High Score:
    Huge name and amazing graphics. It's hard for people to be objective with that in mind.

19. Imariel

Imariel Order Member DLP Supporter

I actually am, and my entire WoW guild is aswell. Not a significant enough segment to be sure but could indicate something.

20. World

World Oberstgruppenführer Moderator DLP Supporter

EA will never change.

In other news, Germany has failed to form a government and is facing great uncertainty regarding what's going to happen in government. There may be a new election. Talks to form the first government with more than two parties since 1957 (counting CDU/CSU as one) have failed rather suddenly.

What are we, Italy? Come on...