1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Nine Tailed Serpent by LT2000 - M - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by LT2000, Jan 18, 2006.

1. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Update posted.

2. ghst.san

ghst.san Sixth Year

Great update! Loved the Hokage scene, it displayes Naruto´s devotion to Sarutobi perfectly.

3. digitalstorm

digitalstorm Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Very good chapter. Didn't really like Ino that much in this chapter. Other than that the whole chapter was good. I wonder what the Sandaime is going to discuss with Naruto...

4. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Most readers really liked her. Can't please everybody, I guess.

5. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

Hm, I was wondering, whose going to protect Naruto from the Akatsuki? The main reason why Jiraiya took Naruto was to protect him from the Akatsuki since he proclaimed that they were more troublesome than Orochimaru (who no one besides Tsunade has a chance of beating).

6. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

Hmm...as he already said in another thread that Naruto's going to go with Orochimaru ('sigh'...did you really have to divulge that? :() , that should have the problem dealt with.

7. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Maybe I lied. :)

8. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

pah...just update fast so that i can see for myself :)

9. Mahotsuai-Sama

Mahotsuai-Sama First Year

LT displays Naruto as almost devoted to Sarutobi so i can not see him goin to Orochimaru if the snake kills the old man. Unless of course with sarutobi dead he has nothing to hold him back morally from claiming power at any cost. I can not see him taking shit from the villagers or shinobi if LT has Orochimaru kills Sarutobi.

My personal Favourite Naruto FanFic at the current time
    Good work and all that

10. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

hehe just finished reading. again a nice chapter :)
    i'm glad you kept the whole part with the written exam pretty short and left more time for the actual battle scenes. though i'm a bit disapointed that naruto hasn't really used any of the new skills he supposedly spent the last 4 month learning...well perhaps in the next chapter. anyway, good work.

11. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Those will come out in the next chapter...he hasn't gotten the chance to break them out yet, but he will.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2006
  12. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Nice update. That new technique of his using fire and snake hands was pretty cool.

13. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

Admittedly, I was a bit disappointed that he used fire for that, but what my fellow Kiwi said, pretty cool.

Anyway, very nice chapter, only problem I had was the curse sealed summons getting back up. Felt like you were just finding something to drag out the chapter.

I'll be interested to know if Naruto would eventually defect and keep up the good work.

P.S. Is Fanfiction.net down? Cause I can't connect to it.

14. Xenon

Xenon Professor

...you have no idea how happy these last two chapters made me. normally its either 'naruto's a little bitch' or 'naruto OMGWTFBBQSAUCE pwns orichimaru'. Yet you managed to write naruto with the apropriate skill level, and show that Orochimaru isn't a Sannin for no reason. The only way a bunch of Genin are going to beat him is if he lets them(dont mind the time-jump kiddies).

The Ninpou: Seiryuujashu was a nice touch as well. Can't wait for the next chapter ^_^

15. UnholyWarlord

UnholyWarlord Fourth Year

The Great Icy wasteland that is known as Canada
    Very fast update, I loved it!

16. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

wowy...great job again. after the end of the last chapter left me a bit disappointed (only at the end and only a bit :p) this one more than made up for it. the battle was imaginative, well written and quite diversified. once again the distinct skill difference was realistic and clearly shown. though i like that aspect i still got the impression that naruto was a bit too weak or just clumsy at times. what i'm refering to here is the use of the doton jutsu. the shuriken kage bunshin and the snake + fire thing were cool and effective and when i look at them then i can see that his moths at training weren't wasted. but then this mud river appeared and it just didn't fit for me. as explained when used to its full potential you can bury someone up to his neck in mud but this naruto is intelligent enough to know that he can't pull that off yet and isn't 'foolish' enough to risk this chance (with orochimaru blinded and unable to move due to that coat) just because he hopes/expects sasuke to do something. at that point i'd have liked some other stuff out of the tons of jutsus he must have learned in the long training period. well but that's just one thing...so back to praises:
    i liked the whole interaction with the other rookies. their skills were well assessed and with the redemption of sakura and sasuke they actually did something suitable for them. another thing i liked was the 'modified' cursed seal and the theory behind it. the thing about directly drawing its chakra from the kyuubi is a nice and new twist to it. ahh yes...and the effects of it were well explained. not the whole additional chakra thing and superficial changes but the influence/love/respect orochimaru automatically gains through it. so yeah...great chapter, loved it, bla bla, keep going :)

17. Verse of Darkness

A quick question. How would Naruto react if he was so to meet Jiraiya? Or perhaps Tsunade? Is he going to help search for her? Would he be disgusted with their outter appearence (probably thought that there appearence would live up to their reputation, instead to find a pervert and a drunk)?

18. li.u

li.u Fourth Year

Not likely gonna happen if Naruto should really go with Orochimaru shortly after the exam. So rather than helping to find Tsunade, he'd face her and Jiraiya as an enemy...but who knows...we'll just have to wait =/

19. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Well, I should think he would respect Jiraiya for his skills, as unlike Canon Naruto, he knows full well who the Toad Hermit is without having met him. Tsunade is a bit more iffy. He certainly knows and acknowledges her power, but I think he might be somewhat disgusted with her inability to deal with the emotional strain that comes naturally with being shinobi, the way she ran out to drink and gamble her way into oblivion when times got tough and abandoned her duties. He certainly won't have any sympathy for her. Now, you're assuming that I intend to make Tsunade the Godaime in this story, which I might or might not. You'll have to wait and see. I've stuck relatively close to the canon plotline thus far, with some changes here and there, but everything is going to Hell in a handbasket after the Chuunin Exams.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2006
  20. Verse of Darkness

Ooh. Thank you very much. Just wanted to know the intereaction with Sannin. Especially since he already met Orochimaru.