1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Not Just A Kiss by SSC - K+

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by Lord Ravenclaw, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I just hope it doesnt go down hill with the, "z0mg, my friends really love me!" because they 'accept' his condition. That'll be annoying.

2. Mirax

Mirax Guest

i enjoyed the start of this story more than i have most of the fics's I've read in the last month. My only concern is the lack of detail's as to the Why's (why harry absort said Beasie, why the patronus affects him, why he's acting OCC)

4/5

3. Flamata

Flamata First Year

It's fascinating so far. Even if this was to end up slash, it seems like the type of story that could pull it off decently.

Also, although there have only been three chapters so far, the updating schedule already looks a bit...irregular...but I've put it on my alert list:)

4. SSC

SSC Guest

(This is a happy early birthday present for me: a whole page with reviews! :D )

For everyone who's worried: it won't be slash. Promised. And although I kind of like Mentor!Snape, I can't write it. I just can't find an excuse for him to become nicer, so he''l always be a git for me.
    I didn't like Harry crying either, but I felt it was necessary. Being turned into your worst fear makes most people a "bit sad", in my opinion. But Gryffindors go forward, so he'll manage... He'll have to.
    Oh, and I'm aware of my irregular updating. I tried to write by a scedule, but after two tries I got writer's block. Since then I just write whenever inspiration strikes, and that can be few and far between... (The best thing of Fanfiction.net is the Story Alert. In the old days, I visited my favourite fics every two days, to see if they hadn't updated yet. Now I can just wait for the email to arrive. ;) )

5. SushiZ

SushiZ Auror

I tried it, and found it to be great. This type of fic is probably one of the best for Harry becoming a dementor since its has not yet been spoiled by others.

6. Olfrik

Olfrik Seventh Year

The story is great and I like the git Snape, he's just git enough to be Snape. I also like how Harry deals with this Power control, that he's got to learn it and how he lashes out at Snape. I find the Dumbledore a little too grandfatherly and ask myself how his friends will react. But for that I'll have too wait. good work.

7. Nexus

Nexus Denarii Host

This probably the best of the Harry becomes Dementor fic i have come across.
    Though i see very little probablity of it turning into slash, good author have been known to do stupid things in the past. So i sincerly hope that this one doesnt take a liking to Snarry.

8. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

There's more then one Dementor!Harry story?

With the third chapter out, I'm thinking something along the lines of what Dark Syaoran fears is gonna happen.

Also, for some reason I just don't get drawn into this story like I do with Draco666's and Viridian/S'Tarkan's so it seems sort of plain.

3/5.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2006
  9. Nexus

Nexus Denarii Host

I have come across similiar plot bunnies. But in those Harry "instinctively" knows how to turn of his "dementor aura" (thats what it was called in those stories) so that was a bit of a downhill.