1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Oh God Not Again! by Sarah1281 -K+

Discussion in 'Humor' started by ray243, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

The thing is, we use a five star system. So they still get rounded up. They can use them all they want, but for the purpose of determining the place of a story it just means little.

Ellisande; nah, Unless it's an open poll.

2. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

You can see the number of votes and their average by hovering above the stars. :D

3. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    The fic certainly isn't anything brilliant, but it made me laugh often enough and IMO that's the most important measure of quality in any humor fic. There were a few concepts that seemed reasonably original to me, like Harry working with Lockhart to cultivate and mass-market his celebrity image to make money off being the Boy-Who-Lived. Also, the recent chapters have a healthy amount of Luna in the them, and she's written pretty well.

4. Tinn Tam

Tinn Tam Review Goddess Retired Staff

...And that's where I draw a blank. I saw 3 stars yesterday, with an average around 3.20. I checked twice.

Second time something like that happens in 24 hours. I'm starting to think I'm hallucinating.

Also, thank you Silens.

5. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wouldn't it be like this? <3.50 = 3 starts. >3.50 = 4 stars?

6. Verminard

Verminard Seventh Year

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2784785/1/Lets_do_the_Time_Warp_Again

I liked that one. But I am a fan of Blot's sthick.

7. Capucine

Capucine First Year DLP Supporter

I really enjoy this fic as a light read. It's interesting to find a Harry who has come to terms with his past, and feels like things didn't turn out so bad in the end. I guess a big part of it holding my interest is the fact that this is not a characterization/mindset I often come across. 4/5.

8. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Updated... and wow, was that an anticlimactic rendition of the climax of book two.

Gah, didn't enjoy that chapter at all.

9. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I finally read this story.

It...is surprisingly enjoyable. The interaction of Luna and Harry is probably one of the favorite I've read.

That said, my biggest issue with this story is that it's not really a story. It's like a MST3k episode, except in literary format. It is funny, but it feels hollow. The only truly original joke I found in the story was the rumor of Draco being the lovechild of Narcissa and Snape. Although that is being run into the ground pretty fast.

3.5/5

10. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Yeah it felt lackluster. :(

11. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    It was kind of anti-climatic, but at least it dealt with the Basilisk in a way that made a lot of sense and was something I hadn't seen before in fanfiction.

12. XxEnvyxX

XxEnvyxX Groundskeeper

The story is pretty funny and I enjoyed the whole Lockhart and Harry teamwork thing. Luna's and Harry's interaction is pretty good, too.

But it isn't really a story for me and while it is still entertaining it is 3.5/5 for me.

13. deathinapinkboa

deathinapinkboa Minister of Magic

Not perfect, but enough places had me cackling for it get a 4/5.

Amazingly, the joke about Snape as Draco's father hasn't gotten old.

14. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    It is a parody which doesn't take itself seriously so obviously there are going to be a lot of inconsistencies. The author basically makes fun of the books in very lighthearted way. so for a story whose purpose is to make me enjoy reading it and make me laugh it did its job very well.

Gems like Luna taking all he "Hogwarts: A History" books from the library just to annoy everyone or the recurring jabs at the House Cup make this definitely a great read. It is one of my favorite HP parodies.

4/5

15. Rhys

Rhys High Inquisitor

Reading the whole thing in one sitting I didn't particularly think the quality fell off as the story went on, but I may have just been too drawn into Harry's web of truths to care. I found the sheer outrageousness of the whole Potter merchandising empire amusing, even with it being as OOC as it is, as well as the rarely seen Harry/Lockhart buddy-buddy thing. Harry's casual attitude and lolzy demeanor makes this feel like a poor man's nonjon fic to me (in a good way).

And of course, the one liners are High Comedy. 5/5 for this fic.

16. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Well, massive bump but I just read this basically all in one go. It was a very amusing story and a great way to kill time. It wasn't great plot wise or grammatically, but it was written in such a light hearted way that id didn't bother me really. The way Harry went to every great length to avoid actually being in any danger was very refreshing, and this is probably the first time that I didn't hate Lockhart as a character. I thought that at the end it was kind of clear that he/she wanted to end the story, but it wasn't rushed too much I don't think, and it actually has an end which is a major plus in my book.

Overall I would give it a 3.5/5 rounded up to a 4 for voting purposes since it's actually finished. Not a groundbreaking story by any means, but a perfect one if you're bored.