1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Old shows that you still find yourself watching

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Andrela, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

I'm talking about shows that are no longer running. So you either have to watch them on dvd or acquire them through other methods.

For example, while I saw Buffy the Vampire Slayer when it was still being aired in Poland, I only saw like one or two seasons. A year ago or so I saw the entire series in English thanks to the power of the internet. Exactly the same situation goes for Stargate SG1 (and I do mean exactly).

Sliders is also a favorite to sometimes rewatch (that one I saw on tv in its entirety). Sabrina the Teenage Witch also falls in this category.

I also like sometimes watching through the original Addams Family 1964 tv series on youtube (I believe all episodes are up there).

Now I'm going to see the entire Charmed series, because it has magic goddammit.

2. silentclock

silentclock Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

The (original) Twilight Zone remains one of my favorite series. I have the Blu-Ray set, and I try to catch some of the marathons on the 4th and New Years Eve.

3. LittleChicago

LittleChicago Headmaster DLP Supporter

Seinfeld. If I catch a re-run, I stop. Same with 30 Rock. Same with Friends.

Recently started a re-watch of Lost with the Mrs., but that went on hold when we adopted cats and stopped sleeping.

Had a thing for SG-1 and Atlantis for a while, but trying to watch 15 years worth of episodes in one year just burned me out on the whole concept.

I've had Firefly on DVD for a year and still haven't watched it. Should probably do that.

4. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Farscape. Angel.

Repeat.

5. carvell

carvell Professor DLP Supporter

Thanks to Youtube I tend to watch ReBoot, Red Dwarf and Highlander every few months.

6. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Buffy, Angel, and Friday Night Lights.

I've watched them all at least 3 times.

I did a re watch of Friends, but I don't see myself doing that again.

I actually tried re watching Charmed. I think I gave up somewhere in the second season.

I'm thinking of re watching Dead Like Me. I think I missed a few episodes the first time around, and it's always something I figured I'd get around to.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  7. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

8. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Star Trek (the original series, but also later series to a lesser extent)

I've got several shows on my to-watch list that are no longer airing. Farscape is one of them.

I only saw one or two episodes of Buffy when it was first being aired, but watched the entire thing on DVDs that I rented from Blockbuster. Same with Angel, though both shows technically still air on some channel at 5am afaik.

I tried to get into Twin Peaks at some point but stopped after a couple of episodes.

Dragnet

Zorro (the 50s version, though I haven't re-watched this with the power of the internet. Watched the entire series when I was in High School b/c it was doing re-runs at midnight on Nick-at-Nite I think?)

Probably other stuff.

9. Platypus

Platypus Groundskeeper

Stargate SG-1, X-Files, M*A*S*H, I Love Lucy, Cosby Show, Leverage, Disney's 1950's Zorro, Numb3rs, Monk, Buffy/Angel, Sailor Moon, Danny Phantom, and a ton of other cartoons and old Disney and Nickelodeon shows.

I've been looking for a good source for Nero Wolfe Mysteries for YEARS... except by the time I find copies I can no longer afford the DVDs, and when I can afford the DVDs, I completely forget to look for them.

10. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Doc Martin marathons for the win. Although I suppose it's not really old.

11. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    Hill Street Blues; I, Claudius; The Rockford Files; The Twilight Zone (the original); Maverick; Cosmos (the original).

12. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I rewatched Instant Star online last year. A guilty pleasure.

*braces for impact*

13. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

Constantly rewatching these, often just in the background while working on stuff, whether on television, Netflix, DVDs, whatever:
    The Office, Friends, Seinfeld, Futurama, and King of the Hill.

Shows I rewatch sometimes, but not as much as the others:
    Scrubs, 30 Rock, Malcolm in the Middle, Freaks and Geeks, Misfits, Party Down, and Bob's Burgers. I also rewatch Parks and Rec and Always Sunny, but they're still running.

Currently rewatching Sailor Moon as it airs on Hulu, but it's the first time since I was a kid.

Pretty much just comedies for me, I do watch some dramas, but I don't watch them over and over, usually no more than three times. I've seen all of the episodes of the comedies multiple times, some easily over a dozen, especially Friends and Seinfeld, which are on TV all the time, and hard to resist.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  14. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

The West Wing is what immediately came to mind.

15. Budding_Owl

Budding_Owl Second Year

I prefer marathon watching finished shows over waiting weeks for a new episode. I made that mistake once with How I Met Your Mother and still regret my decision , what a fucking stupid ending.

So: Friends; Malcolm in the Middle (it has a special place in my heart); Scrubs; Breaking Bad; Firefly; House M.D.; Princess Sarah; Remi, Nobody's Girl. Nothing else comes to mind.

16. wordhammer

wordhammer Dark Lord DLP Supporter

In addition to Xipho's most watched West Wing...

Buffy; Angel; Firefly; X-Files; Battlestar Galactica; Star Trek DS9; Babylon 5; Band of Brothers; Law and Order; Angry Beavers; Invader Zim; Downton Abbey- I suppose it's not 'old' but we keep watching it from start to current...

17. Lindsey

Lindsey Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Reba, Cosby Show, Battlestar Galactica, Charmed and Jericho are the shows I've watched plenty of times. Law and Order never gets old either.

18. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

Let's see...Law and Order CI and SVU, Frasier, Seinfeld, Monk, Criminal Minds, and Looney Tunes for the oddest reason. I also looked up the Herculoids and Space Ghost for old times' sake not too long ago.

19. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

Dresden Files tv show is awesome enough that I watched it like 3 times.

and Las Vegas is fun.

20. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Girls of DLP = Confirmed for being awesome.

[​IMG]