1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

On the Durability and Constitution of Wizards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DrSarcasm, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Mal'sSerenity

Mal'sSerenity Second Year

High Score:
    Yet another example of why I don't take anything involving numbers within the books seriously and instead go by my own personal headcannon for all things math related.

Seriously, did Rowling even try to get the math right. I mean, I get being bad at math but this is just ridiculous.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
  2. AmerigoCorleone

AmerigoCorleone Seventh Year

J.K. Rowling is not an intelligent person.

She is the same author who said that Lucius Malfoy avoided Azkaban after the Second War.

Pure delusion.

3. Bongott

Bongott Squib

High Score:
    I think J.K. Rowling revised things as she went along. Some aspects of the universe wouldn't have needed to be pinned down when writing The Philosopher's Stone.

There is certainly an element of magic in all of it. I do feel as well that the notion of magic is used sometimes as a crutch or an excuse for lack of logic or reason.

However, we need to accept a certain degree of magic - including the inexplicable logic escapes, as it adds to the world. It adds a sense that anything is possible, and that wizarding society is wacky and sometimes without reason.

On another note, Dumbledore is an exceptional individual in many ways, so his magic and magic in general could potentially explain his mobility and health.