1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Overwatch

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Nemrut, Oct 29, 2015.

1. JErosion

JErosion DA Member

I'm filthy casual, I don't have the time to mainline this game like some of those kids out there, , but you can't help but feel like the weaklink when matchmaking is sticks you on a team with guys that are a 100+ or they put you on a team with guys all under lvl 40 and the opposite team is is a bunch of dudes that a few levels shy of earning their second star.

2. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Why is it when I drink I get zero gold medals but have lots of fun, but when I don't drink I usually get at least 3/5 gold medals but have less fun?

A conundrum.

3. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Been playing more competitive the last few days and it has been at times a rather frustrating experience. Losing way more points than winning really feels unfair to me, especially since you get a lot of trolls, leavers and idiots which kinda condemn you to lose more games than you win, at least in the silver ranks where I am at.

I dropped to 1200 at some point but then managed to crawl back to 1800 but since hitting that, i can't really rise above it.

4. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

When stuff like that happens I usually leave and play some mystery heroes instead. Atleast there I can blame the random selection for how much me and my team suck.

5. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I dunno what Nendoroid is, but Blizz just put up a Tracer one for pre-order on their store:

[​IMG]

You know I got me some of that.

6. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

Finally got to GM at a nice 4008. Time to attempt and fail to get Top 500 over the next few days.

Hey Nemrut, you want some coaching or whatnot? I'm US so that makes it a bit harder but I would be willing to help you out some, least on voice.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  7. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    New hero is out.

Orisa, female robocentaur tank. Kit here.

Primary fire looks interesting, slowing own movement isn't too rare.

Ability one is a one-shot Zarya ult.

Ability two reduces damage, and ignores movement penalties (video shows running through an earthshatter). So Mei, Zarya, Rein ults. Maybe Roadhog?

Ability three is a thrown barrier. Stands up to three Pharockets before starting to crack, so at least 4 total. Maybe 500 health?

Ultimate increases damage for all teammates within LoS.

Trailer here, dev update here

GET HYPE

edit:

Gameplay video here. Fast fire speed on primary weapon, and it looks like it does a decent chunk of damage.

The zarya ult is secondary fire, 8 second cooldown after secondary ignition.

Barrier is 900 health, 12 second cooldown after placement, doesn't delete on death, and looks like it stays standing until either destruction or you place another, not a timer.

'Armour up' is 10 second cooldown, five second use.

Ultimate looks like 15 second placement.

400 health, 200 is armour.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  8. Meerkats

Meerkats Unspeakable

You missed the most important announcement. Doomfist is a real thing now!

9. Gengar

High Score:
    He's a villain too, confirmed. I mean, with a name like that obv, but whatever.

I'm kinda disappointed with this hero. Was hoping for an alternative to Rein, though not even sure that's possible at this point.

Maybe she is still. It's still early.

And LOL @ some of the Bastion changes already being rolled back. I guess being able to stand in dragon for the full duration in sentry and not die was a bit much...

10. Thaumologist

High Score:
    Orisa is fun. Like, the most fun I've had with an OW character in a while.

Genji rips through her, and Mercy makes a HUGE difference to her, as she's massive enough to just shed health - Bastion is even better against her than anyone else.

Voicelines are pretty good, too.

11. Gengar

High Score:
    Why is she fun?

She doesn't even have the charge or earthshatter angle that can win teamfights. Just drop a tank and try desperately to keep it alive.

Btw, does Mei wall break LoS on it?

12. Thaumologist

High Score:
    Don't know about Mei's wall, but it goes through some scenery, so I'd assume it's fine.

As to why she's fun, I think it's because whilst she's a real tank (supports the rest of the team through the deployable shield, repositions the enemy team based on secondary fire, ultimate seems to be a deployable for a 15 second push), she also can stand by herself.

I like Zarya, but if you don't have a teammate to bubble, you're only at half power. Reinhardt without a team to bunk with doesn't do much pushing.

Whilst trickling in is not the best way to play, you don't need the rest of the team to completely play around you. And being able to fire for so long is always nice.

edit

The 200 ammo is ridiculous. It's something like 16 seconds continuous fire, and she's got a raw DPS of 144, she can headshot, and her ult increases all damage by 50%, and stacks with nanoboost. Doesn't stack with Mercy.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017
  13. Aurion

Aurion Headmaster

Initial read on Orisa: She's probably gonna get toned down a little. Her kit is just straight-up too good.

14. Gengar

High Score:
    She did. Clip to 150 and ult charge 15% slower.

Ana getting huge nerfs too, with Zen being able to disco through shields now.

15. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

I dunno if Orisa is that good, she feels extremely squishy to me and she's so easy to headshot that it's actually ridiculous.

Thank fuck on Ana nerfs though. Game is gonna feel completely different if Ana disappears for a while.

16. Gengar

High Score:
    She won't. Her kit is just too good, might see a lot of Zen now though.

17. Tsundereworks

Tsundereworks Squib

High Score:
    I doubt Ana will vanish anytime soon considering like Hugplx said her kit is just too good. Being able to shut down someones alt like Mccrees from far off in the distance or a tank Bastion is just too good to get rid of in a team comp.

18. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Really dislike the changes they're thinking of making to Lucio. AoE is way too small to have him work as a proper 'Support'. Sure they re-amped his damage and movement speed in minor ways, but the very definition of him being a support character is that he was made to support the team. Boosting his healing back up is good, but reduced AoE means Solo heal only works if you're all literally going to be standing on top of each other.

If you thought he didn't have an impact or wasn't fun to play pre-PTR then you were playing him wrong.

Anyways, sitting around 2700-2800 the last few weeks. Doubt I'll make the step up to Diamond as I'm going to be dumping it for P5 in a week and I'm already playing Mass effect now.

19. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Luccio was overpowered as shit before/on live. That's kinda the whole point of the changes. They're making it so he's not a must-pick, in much the same way they did to Ana. He's much closer to Zenyatta now; a support/damage hybrid who can fill either role fairly well at any given point.

On the whole, it's a substantially better design for the game as a whole.

20. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Did they remove the stacking speed boost when leaving a wall? I was watching a video of a lucio literally going across Eichenwald map wallriding since the speed boost stack just allowed him to jump super far.