1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Overwatch

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Nemrut, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

I don't think they have changed the PTR Lucio at all. He isn't in main client yet though so I think they are being a little slow.

2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Jesus christ that Widowmaker statue...

I want it so bad... Given the Tracer statue has basically never been made available again, I know I'll never get it too unless I pre-order.

3. Tsundereworks

Tsundereworks Squib

High Score:
    I just noticed that Widowmaker statue after years of collecting figurines though don't think I should expense on another figure as much as I may want it. I do wish though that blizzard would release more of those overwatch mouse pads with the full character cast on it but Orisa.

4. Gengar

High Score:
    I'd buy a mouse pad with Tracer's butt as a wrist cushion :3

5. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:

NSFW, but...

Here ya go!

6. Gengar

High Score:
    Lol. I'd rather the real one, but still nice!

7. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    What're your thoughts on the new event?

Whilst I'm not a fan of all of the skins (although I NEED the OR-14 skin), I'm loving the PvE. They've also really listened to feedback from Dr Junkenstein, so it's now more dynamic (across the full map, not just a small part of it), and they allow you to run it with any heroes (although missing the unique dialogue).

Really hoping they let us keep it in the arcade, especially as it isn't really linked to anything, timewise, unlike Junkenstein and the Snowball Offensive.

8. Gengar

High Score:
    Hope the non-scripted mode stays on in the arcade.

The blue skins are meh, but they're more for the event anyway. Obviously the Genji and Widow skins look awesome. And the d.va selfie highlight intro, lol.

9. Dark Belra

To be honest, I wish they did all their skins like they did for this event. Every skin feels like it reveals something about the world where the other ones felt like dumb jokes or just a 'ha I get that reference' or just dumb.

10. Gengar

High Score:
    I think there's room for both.

It's not the pve i necessarily want, but telling the Overwatch story in limited time events like this is super cool and, for me, preferred over seasonal events.

Not saying they don't have a place though.

11. Dark Belra

Well Blizzard hardly seems like there is room for both. This is like the first event they do this kind of thing and pretty much everyone who they listen to is asking for beach party skins for everyone which would be awful tbh. Game looks clowny already.

12. Tsundereworks

Tsundereworks Squib

High Score:
    I actually love the new event more freedom to go around at first I thought it would be like Man Vs Machine from TF2 but it wasn't a little bit of disappointment there who else doesn't love endless hordes?

The new skins I already unboxed Genji and Widowmaker and the new D.va highlight and last but most wanted the nurse Mercy player icon.

As for the story released over events I think that is just a way for Blizzard to keep the game fresh then again I hit level/rank 79 and got bored of normal play mm and quickplays. I would love more game modes the CTF one was good but stale after 3 games.

13. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I managed to hit diamond this season, mostly by hunting down Mercy with Winston. Can't seem to get above 3050 though.

What is your season high so far DLP?

14. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

4198. Top 500 is a pain to reach but I will get it this season. At 4146 right now. All hail Lucio.

15. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

16. Tsundereworks

Tsundereworks Squib

High Score:
    Now have that on a high skilled player and watch them get banned by the system thinking aimbot.

Cursor just jumps around hell I bet if that was possible on a game like Counter Strike it'd be instantly overwatched/banned. I mean have you seen those other overwatch videos of people playing Hanzo on a rocking horse with a plastic bow and arrow?

17. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

It's just video footage of him tracking his eyes, it's not an overlay on overwatch, its not even on the computer running overwatch, if you notice at the start its run separately on a computer behind him.

It's pretty interesting, would be kool to see some professional gamers of various games do it. MOBAs, SC, etc.

18. Aurion

Aurion Headmaster

World Cup stuff is going up, which means it's probably time for people to start blaming Ster for team USA not bothering to do things like practice again.

Fun.

19. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Season high is 2800

Most of my mates are only around 2000-2400 range so I'm not really all to keen on pushing in to Diamond. Mind you most of them are being salty and want to give up on the season so playing with them is a tad unenjoyable.

Think my Win Rate with Mercy is 60% or something.

But problem with plat is almost no team does dual healing so I'm perennially stuck trying to cover everyone's ass and no one wants to switch.

20. Gengar

High Score:
    Yeah I've lost all enjoyment and enthusiasm for competitive. I do my 10 matches for CP and just stick to QP or Arcade.

I do not blame the game for this at all.