1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot Paranoia By CrimsonNoble - T

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by Antivash, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Title: Paranoia
    Author: CrimsonNoble
    Rating: T (PG-13)
    Genre: General
    DLP Category: General
    Pairing: Implied H/Ginny; Vague sense of H/Tonks
    Words: 1,528
    Published: July 30, 2007

Summary: Paranoia can be justified.
    Link: PARANOIA

Interesting little one-shot. Personally, I liked it. Bit of violence, small bit of acceptable Ginny/Ron Bashing. Pretty In Character for everyone. Of course, if you dislike disfigured Harry fics, this might not be for you.

Pretty well written as well. I didn't notice any obvious grammar or spelling mistakes, and it flows really well. I disagree with the mention of memory charming the new-guy auror, but whatever, its minor.

Over all enjoyable read, I feel.

4/5.

Checked by Minion, March 30, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2013
  2. Jearom

Jearom Sixth Year

This is the first really good one-shot that I have read that would make for a good full length story. 4/5

3. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

;_; I want more. I'd like to see a full-length story with this Harry, but it's good enough as it stands.

4/5

4. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

I find it odd that Harry continually ignores Tonks' plea for attention.

"I swore." "I swore." she says, but Harry doesn't seem to care. I suppose that would be rushing into things though.

Besides that, I agree with Vash.

3.5/5.

5. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I didn't really see it as that, honestly. I mean, at this point, Tonks seems more of a close friend than a potential beau. Further down the line, I could definitely see it as a possibility. But in the current time frame, it seems a bit too soon for that.

6. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

4/5 from me. It was a very interesting look into this generations new Mad-Eye.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  7. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

I liked the one-shot a lot. An interesting story. 4/5 from me.

8. Bukay

Bukay Professor DLP Supporter

Yep, an interesting one-shot. I'm not a fan of disfigured!Harry, however in this case it's more of a show as to how his character changed after said short episode...

4/5

9. Cathal

Cathal Sir Nils' Right Hand

Good, I was getting sick of all those SexBomb!Harry's.
    4.5/5

10. ArseNick

ArseNick Fourth Year

Interesting. Post-war-disfigured!Harry is +++ to any story, if you wanna make it realistic. Wish this fic was more descriptive of the fight, post-battle trauma and his interaction with his friends.
    Still, 4/5

11. yojorocks

yojorocks Seventh Year

I really enjoyed how fast Harry was forced to mature in this brief stint, yet how realistic it was. Too many authors suddenly have Harry acting like an adult for no particular reason, but forcing him out of his teenage life and into not quite adulthood here was very well done. An excellent tribute to the farse of Moody's death in DH. 4/5

12. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

Liked it. Didn't care about the arm one way or the other. Thought the end was way too quick, but it was good enough for a one shot. 4/5

13. ParseltonguePhoenix

ParseltonguePhoenix Unspeakable

Too damn short, if you ask me. It really is just a thought, an idea--like the author mentioned at the end. Harry with a magical eye after his first is taken from him is a thought I've played with before--it just adds him a bit of authenticity, I think. "I've been through a bad-ass fight or three, and sure, I lost my eye--the Death Eaters who attacked me lost much more!"

But yeah, I saw Tonks' saying 'I swore' as reassurances to Harry that she'll keep her word...not as grasping for his attention. He asked her not to leave him alone anymore...and she swore. But that's just my opinion.

3.75/5

14. eXcalite

eXcalite Seventh Year

I would probably ignore her too for the moment. After all with all that loosing his eye and arm business. After that though...

To OP: great fic. Definetly worth continuing.

15. Goddessa39

Goddessa39 DA Member

Paranoia

For some reason Im not that fond of Harry/Tonks, but there are much worse pairings out there so I can stomach some just fine. The thing about Harry needing new body parts would bother me in a longer story but in a oneshot it just fits. This bit is more for how he handles the last of the outtake, so there can be plenty of things that are forgotten and then mashed around.

I like H/G but the Weasley siblings (save Fred and George) are often fun to bash around with a lemon-laced pointed mace on a good day. I could seriously see this as more than just this if it were continued but I believe the eye thing and new arm would get quite annoying.

4/5 instead of a 5 oneshot because it confuses me whether I want more or not.

16. Onlyhestands

Onlyhestands Fourth Year

Overall I liked it. I think it would make a good full story, but as a one-shot I found it pretty satisfying to read too.
    4/5 from me.

17. Glernaj

Glernaj Stab Executive DLP Supporter

This really struck me as something that she was saying to reassure him than anything else.

5/5

18. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Hmm, I liked it.

One question, does anyone know of any other well written stories about disfigured and/or extremely paranoid Harry?

I like the idea.

19. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's okay - didn't really seem that interesting to me, although perhaps it was the general theme that didn't interest me. Crippled Harry? Not really my favorite genre, it just seems - oddly limiting to me. I liked the reactions to his condition, although they seemed to be written almost like a brush off. And really, the whole thing was really too short for me to really enjoy it.

Middle of the line for me.

3/5
    -J

20. knothead

knothead Groundskeeper

I seem to remember reading this story before. I didn't think it was library quality at the time (I think there were a lot of one-shots that had gotten vetoed which is why I didn't suggest it).

It's a decent story. One grammar error that I saw (Pomfrey is misspelled). I don't know if I'd give it 4 stars though-- it works well enough as a very short story, but I don't know if it would work well as a longer work. I'll say 3.5 stars.