1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Path of Decision by lulu42 - T - HP/Sandman

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Vorpal, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Jigokuno

Jigokuno Seventh Year

You bring up a good point that I totally forgot because it's been so long since I read the beginning. This story early on and even somewhat in the middle of the story seemed to imply Harry would defeat the Endless. I musta missed something as well because I didn't even see a philosophical victory for Harry(example: Harry goes on to live normally with the memories of the Endless and the power he got from them without them influencing him therefor he beat them because they said it was impossible for him to do that).

So what happen did you decide that Harry defeating the most powerful beings in the universe one way or another was the wrong way to go? If so you should probably go back through your long arse chapters and delete all those hints you gave about him overcoming them.

2. Goddessa39

Goddessa39 DA Member

Poo

I went back and tried to read it. Couldn't hold my attention, Dang. Will try again later as apparently I liked it before.

3. eetragt

eetragt Third Year

So I just found this story, and read the whole thing. At first my biggest disappointment was that I was sure this was going to be a WIP since it was just talked about, so when I realized it was complete I about did a back flip. On the actual story, I really enjoyed that it made no sense to me for so long. That isn't sarcasm; I like to be strung along. Also, Delirium was delightful, pun very much intended. Insanity is fun to read, which is why Luna is one of my favorite characters. I was not disappointed by the end because this Harry is probably going to have an awesome life.

One of my only complaints comes from the fact that I have not read Sandman, so the small inclusion of Rose meant nothing to me until I wiki'd her. And I wasn't quite sure about Vernon. My only other problem is that I have no idea what happened in the world after Voldemort's defeat. What about Draco? Snape? Hogwarts? The students? I guess that wasn't really what the story was about, but I would have liked to know a little more. This was still the best story I read this half of the year (estimation). Keep up the good work.

4. Harshmate

Harshmate First Year

High Score:
    This is a Sandman crossover and I have not read Sandman. But, the characters were all well written and I had no trouble with the crossover elements. It all felt like very intricate world-building. Neither did I have problems with HP characters. Different characters were given the spotlight in different arcs. But, the entire story was based on Harry's growth, of which the author did a good job.

The plot followed a few stations of cannon. But the paths it took to get there were long and twisting and full of a lot of other stuff. I was never bored and it never felt like I knew what was coming. The cannon was used as a guide more than anything else.

The story changed a lot, so sometimes it was about Hogwarts, sometimes it wasn't. It went through all the seven years so it is better to think of it as an actual series rather than one book anyways. I really loved the way it was written. It used a few really cool narrative tricks (which could come across as pretentious).

I'm giving the story 5/5. The beginning did had a few grammatical errors. They stopped later on but while present they took me out of the story. That's the only fault I could find and I'm unwilling to dock points because of them. I wanted something new and exciting to read and this was a perfect match.