Oneshot Patron Saint of Posting Bail by Brownish - T - Dresden Files

Discussion in 'Dresden Files' started by ParseltonguePhoenix, Apr 14, 2010.

1. ParseltonguePhoenix

ParseltonguePhoenix Unspeakable

Title: Patron Saint of Posting Bail
    Author: Brownish
    Rating: T
    Genre: Humor
    Category: Dresden Files
    Pairing: None
    Words: 1,608
    Published: February 13, 2010

Summary: Harry keeps shelling out for the Carpenter Kids.

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5743968/1/Patron_Saint_of_Posting_Bail

Alright, this is a pretty light hearted one-shot featuring our favorite mouthy wizard-detective, set slightly in the future of DF (prior to Changes, anyway). I give it a 4/5 and recommend a read. It's good fun.

Checked by Minion, January 5, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2013
  2. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

I remember reading this ages ago, and enjoyed it then as much then as I did now. Solid oneshot.

3. LittleChicago

LittleChicago Death Eater DLP Supporter

Brown, if you're around, you're one of my favourites. So much so, I blatantly ripped off your version of Alicia for Broken Spirit.

Brava.

5/5

4. JWH

JWH Unspeakable

Lawl, I was about to comment on that, before I checked the respective publication dates.

Good stuff.

For that matter, so's his other Dresden oneshot, The Outside, Looking In.

I love the light mood and the feeling of having an insight in the day-to-day life of Harry, no death threats involved.

5/5, and a request for moar of that stuff.

5. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Probably one of the most awesome Dresden stories I've read lately. If Brown isn't a DLP member, he/she needs to be. Someone get on this. You're overlords command it. >_>

5/5

6. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

One of my favourite Dresden stories - definitely a 5/5. Characterization of Harry is dead-on and the overall tone strongly echoes Butcher's own writing.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think the author's already here. I've seen somebody lurking around the forums lately under the name of "Brown".

7. Scrib

Scrib The Chosen One

Oh,he is a member I think he's called Brownish here.

If you're online , Brown get off you ass and post a new chapter of Complications, HP/Bella is a dime a dozen but Complications is perhaps the only bearable Fem!Dresden out there. I want moar Lash/Fem!Harry, nao!

8. Brown

Brown Third Year

Hello, this is Brown, the same person as Brownish. I would have been Brown on FFN as wel, but it was already taken. Very sad.

LitteChicago: Holy shit really? I remember reading your excellent Broken series, seeing Alicia, and going 'did I read this before? did I unconsciously rip this guy off?' so wow, that's put my mind at ease.

Scribblerus: Complications is proving pretty tricky to write, I'm stalled at 600 words...but I've got some free time over the next couple of weeks, so fingers are crossed.

Just to reiterate: LC, the Broken series is really good. Needed to get that off my chest.

9. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

This fic hits all the right 'D'awww' buttons for me. 5/5 - for being nice and sweet.

Brown: I'm looking forward to the next chapter of your HP/BtVS/AB series. Please tell me your OC Vampires will play a role.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  10. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion DLP Supporter

I liked this - nice little oneshot. Nothing too crazy or anything that hit the wrong buttons, per se. 5/5 is going a bit far, it didn't exactly move me or anything, but it's above average and a nice look at the characters.

So I'll say 3.5/5

11. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box Prestige

High Score:
    Cute, well written and amusing. Seemed true to the characters as well. Well, Harry at least. I can't remember Alicia from canon at all, beyond the name. Anyway, good stuff. 4/5

12. Olivia Kingston

Olivia Kingston Fake Flamingo Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm starting to read through our Dresden Library and this was my first stop. I think it was pretty good, though the age shows in Daniel not being mentioned. It presents an interesting future and is all in all a decent one-shot. 4/5