1. The second prompt is revealed! (Q2 2018)

"Breaking into Snape's office in the middle of the night was a risky move at the best of times..."

Deadline is June 18th, also known as the 22nd Anniversary of a seriously sad day—a tremendously black day for anyone.

As with before you can check out the new thread discussing scoring, rules, and other such matters in the in the Story Competitions forum.

Dismiss Notice

[PC] Pillars of Eternity

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Cruentus, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Arthellion

Arthellion Unspeakable

High Score:
    Gotcha.

That's kinda sad. I really enjoyed Baldur's Gate 2 and then later Dragon Age: Origins. Played a lot of the oldschool isometric ones. Enjoyed Obsidian's Kotor 2. But if the story is similar to the first POE...its not that its bad writing per se...its just not interesting story to me.

Are there any other good RPGS that are out current that really develop a solid story similar to those sorts?

2. Koalas

Koalas Squib Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Torment Tides. Neverwinter Night 2 expansions. Deus Ex? Pathfinder:Kingmaker is something to look forward to maybe.

3. Arthellion

Arthellion Unspeakable

High Score:
    Hadn't heard of Kingmaker before...

Wait...Chris Avellone is on it? Heck yes.

4. Koalas

Koalas Squib Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Should be really good. Just got my fingers crossed it doesn't get pushed back to 2019.

5. Agayek

Agayek The Chosen One

Tyranny is also a pretty decent one. It's an isometric RPG from Obsidian in the same engine they used for Pillars, but an entirely different setting and story. Its big gimmick is that an Evil Overlord has conquered the world, and you play one of his Fatebinders, the role being a combination of Judge, Jury, and Executioner, dispatched to quell a rebellion that broke out in one of the last places to be conquered.

It's pretty interesting, especially if you like the whole morals vs practicality thing.

6. Clerith

Clerith Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Tyranny is also quite short and has a very rushed ending. It was fun for one playthrough, but I didn't play it a second time, even though it was marketed for its replayability. It does have veery flexible character building, and combat experience goes to those who actually do shit - my main was level ~23, the rest of my party were like 15 and my support was 13 or something.

7. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I have a bug in my PoE2 game. When I got to Sayuka the Druid encounter didn't start, so I went about the island, killed the druids, went and did a few more quests. Now I can't talk to the Fleet captain.

I saw a few other people online have the same issue. I kind of feel like not playing anymore now because I didn't want to go back and load from 3-4 hours before.

Does anybody know if there is a way to edit save files and manually add in the flags for having that quest done?

I'm worried it will fuck up my game further down the line.