1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Penumbral by insolentwrath - T - HP/SW

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by anonymous, Jan 20, 2017.

1. anonymous

anonymous Muggle

Title: Penumbral
    Author: insolentwrath
    Rating: T
    Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy
    Library Category: The Alternatives
    Pairings: None
    Summary: A strange new player emerges from the shadows as war approaches the Republic. Inscrutable, yet tied to the mysterious events taking place all over the galaxy, he quickly becomes essential to unraveling the secrets that will define the conflict to come. As the Jedi and Sith Orders alike rush to understand his hidden agenda, Harry Potter searches deep for truths best left hidden.

Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12070831/1/Penumbral

The story takes place right before the clone wars, and Harry is a bounty hunter trying to find out about his past. It's pretty good so far, and I'm really interested in the mystery that Harry is trying to figure out.

2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Can you tell us a bit more about it? What do you like about it particularly? What sets it apart from all the others with the exact same or very similar premise? Any downsides to keep an eye out for?

3. Donimo

Donimo Auror

Complete ass. Poorly written canon rehash with Harry injected into the middle of it without altering anything. I'd rather read kathryn518's fic.
    1/5

4. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Read three chapters. The story is garbage.

The story read like a Indy!Harry political fic. Harry does something illegal for no explicable reason, gets captured despite the fact he has magic, and then uses his superior knowledge of ye old pureblood law galactic law to get out on a technicality and dance around Mace Windu with legalisms.

Oh, and for some reason he's calling himself Sirius Black and is an ambassador of some sort.

1/5

---------- Post automerged at 16:02 ---------- Previous post was at 16:01 ----------

I'd give it a zero if I could.

5. DragonSin

DragonSin Disappeared

High Score:
    Never understood the whole "line cut" in story thing. The Novelization of the Star Wars movies changed scenes mid-chapter (with no warning other than a change in the paragraph) and it was still amazing.

6. Methos

Methos High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Poorly written Indi Harry check.
    Stupid character decisions check.
    One dimensional characters check.
    1/5.

7. Conquistador

Conquistador High Inquisitor

High Score:
    I read this on some author's profile once (I forget who) and have lived by these words when looking at crossovers ever since. A crossover that takes the main character from one series and just puts him in another are one of my biggest pet peeves. Just put Harry in a different universe, have him follow cannon, and then you get this story.

1/5