1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Percy Jackson fics.

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Ryuugi Shi, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

Okay, so I just finished the Percy Jackson series, and from that point, you know how it works. Went in looking to find some good fics on FFnet, came out trying to kill myself.

Can anyone recommend some good fics?

Edit: Yes! I have a Unicorn now!

2. Oneiros

Oneiros Groundskeeper

I know. I went in thinking there is some serious potential here so there have to be a few good fics then I wanted to rip my eyes out after looking at a some of the stories.

Edit: And on that note, whoever came up with the word Percabeth needs to die in a fire.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
  3. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

There are no good Percy Jackson fanfictions,period.
    Atleast I haven't read any.
    The only thing to do is to wait for the new Percy Jackson books which is set to release sometime this year.

4. El Scorcho

El Scorcho First Year

Honestly, I'm kinda wary about the new books. If the Author is going to be writing about a new group of main characters, there's a high chance that he'll probably be retreading stuff we've already seen in the previous books.

As for fanfics, It's all either badly written sex scenes, or self-inserts. Not really much choice...

5. CosmosGravitation

CosmosGravitation Professor

Yeah, I've never found a good Percy Jackson fan fiction story either.

There's actually decent potential for a Harry Potter crossover too. I mean, the lightning bolt scar practically screams "son of Zeus".

6. Oneiros

Oneiros Groundskeeper

You'd be mistaken. Percy is quite literally described as a black hair and green eyed kid...The same description is used for Poseidon in his preferred form. Although, the lightning bolt scar would be quite interesting. Son of the sea blessed by Zeus? Or perhaps, it is a symbol of the unknown son who was hidden away so well even the gods could not find him. The potential is definitely there.

Harry is physically similar to Poseidon, bares the mark of Zeus, causes mermen to back away from him during the third task (he's also the only competitor they bother as he stays to make sure everyone is safe), and is the master of death....Can you say glory hogging much? The man seems laugh in the face of the big three. There is epic potential for a story for a Harry Potter crossover assuming they find Harry after his seventh year when all of these things are valid.

Theoretically, there are other gods within the world not just the Greek gods. I think it is mentioned in one of the books that these are gods with a 'g' not 'G' which could imply that there are more than one set. Though I believe the Greek gods are the most powerful given they draw energy from the foundation of western civilization. If the magical community falls under a different set of gods it could explain how they failed to notice his existence up until this point.

I've done a bit of thinking on this already as you might be able to tell.

7. CosmosGravitation

CosmosGravitation Professor

Eh, I just figured Zeus would take James' appearance when he had sex with Lily, thus explaining why Harry looks so similar to James, and of course the green eyes would come from Lily. Zeus did stuff like that quite often in the myths.

I haven't really thought about it that much, but there are numerous paths one could take a crossover story.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  8. Archinist

Archinist Hαn Sαlsæd First

Ryuugi I applaud you for your stout, if futile task in finding good PJO fan-fictions.

I'm sorry. You're trying to find a warm place in the vacuum of outer space. It just isn't there.

(PJO fan-fiction has no stars by the way.)

9. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

10. Blorcyn

Blorcyn Chief Warlock DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

I remember really enjoying three, long ago. It's not particularly plot focused, and I suppose is basically OCs, but I like the premise and I got real feels by the end. And it is short.

11. Archinist

Archinist Hαn Sαlsæd First

I did read that in fact. Unique plot, at least, decent writing and (thank God) lack of bashing.

However the author doesn't seem to have updated. Either on hiatus, abandoned, or just a slow update schedule. Not mind boggling but a decent read considering the cesspit the rest of the fandom is.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I just took a read. Good writing but just not my preference. I skimmed to be honest. Other than that it was great.

Other than that the fandom's crappiness just seems to stem from a lack of imagination. I've tried writing (what I consider) unique story ideas, but I'm just not experienced enough to really kick off.

There's good writers in the fandom, but not creative writers.

This can go other ways. Some are just plain terrible.