1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Percy Jackson fics

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Castiel, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Finished the last Olympian last night. I planned to get the next series but I found out it is not Percy-centric, I might read it later anyway but for now I need me some Percy-centric awesomeness. I did a little search on FFN, did not really find anything good.

Most of the other threads here seem to have yielded no result either but maybe I will get lucky. :D I just want Percy-centric fic. Long. Don't really care about what pairing it is.

Thanks!

2. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

I don't know any fics, but just a heads-up, the follow-up series is still fairly focused on Percy. The first book is a new guy, then the second is back on Percy. Third has the new cast teaming up with Percy's crew to do something.

If you're really jonesing for PJO stuff, you can definitely do worse than the second series.

3. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Guess I will give it a go if I can find nothing else. BTW I have already read Ryugii Shi's xovers, they are what made me read the books in the first place.

4. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Well, I fear that Ryuugi's stuff is the best the Percy Jackson fandom has to offer.

Roman Roulette
    is probably the one that is best after that. There are various one shots that are quite nice but most of those are fluff or romance, so, am not sure if that is what you are looking for.

5. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Looks good. Though it seems I have to read The Lost Hero before this fic, guess I will go ahead and read the next series first.

6. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Which can be kind of frustrating, considering Ryuugi's...update process. *Cough*Start a new fic when your a good way into the current one*Cough* But yeah, I do recommend Ryuugi's stuff as well, if you haven't already read them.

It's unfortunate that the PJO series is one of those with such a small amount of Fanfiction. If there were any half-decent fics, I'd probably really enjoy the fandom.

7. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    There is an ungodly amount of "X reads the Percy Jackson books" for some reason and for the life of me, I can't figure out why >_>

But yeah, the fandom really needs some quality fics with decent length. I think Howdy was working on one once and a few other DLP members as well but nothing definite.

8. A Lightning

A Lightning Seventh Year

Three is in the library, so I hope you've read that.

Other than that, the Broken Bow series by Xed_Alpha would probably fit into an almost recommendable thread, but it isn't Percy-centric.

I spent a long time in the Percy Jackson fandom, and it's pretty sad that I can't recommend anything else. There are a few fics that I vaguely remember being not unreadable, but I can't quite remember them.

9. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

It really doesn't help that if it isn't a crappy, barely legible Percy/Annabeth fic that focuses one their "Love," than it's crappy, barely legible Percy/Luke or Percy/Nico and a few Percy/Artemis. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the pairings, but it seems to be the PJO fandom version of Harry/Ginny, Harry/Draco, Harry/Severus and Harry/Hermione fics. So basically 99% shit and .5% ??? and another .4% of Readable with the last .1% being the good stuff.

10. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

What? It's the fourth largest category in the Books section, beaten only by HP, Twilight, and Lord of the Rings, with 37.2k fics.

Granted, HP and Twilight are massively larger then it, but nearly 40k is still pretty damn big.

Anyway, I've been up since forever and am going to sleep, but I'll find some fics worth reading later. Most are oneshots, though, because will there are plenty of fics, good fucking luck finding more then a few good ones.

11. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Should have reworded it as, "such a mall amount of readable fics, longer than a one-shot."