1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Peregrine1989's Challege #1

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by peregrine1989, Sep 30, 2008.

1. peregrine1989

peregrine1989 Third Year

You can blame some odd fanfic that over emphasized the 'And he shall mark him as his equal' line. It really wasn't that bad just didn't make much sense. Harry ended up having to get an army of followers because he had to be totally equal to Voldemort before they could kill each other.

Anyway after giving up on the fic for some reason I had the idea to twist a line myself. I picked the line I thought would be most amusing. I at first tried to write it myself and truly failed. I saved it on my computer and promised I would come back to it. A year latter I find it again, read it, decide the idea is good, yet I am not good enough. So I put the idea out there for someone to take it up.

Challenge #1 : And Either Must Die at the hands of the other.

Summery: Harry is killed by someone. It doesn't matter who, as long as its not Voldemort. Due to an uncompleted prophecy he is sent back. And his tie to Earth is Voldemort. As such Harry is stuck within X metres of Voldemort at all times. Harry has to convince Voldemort to bring Harry back to life so the Prophecy can be completed properly.

Rules:
    * This must be after OotP. This is so Harry knows the Prophecy and thus understands why he is back.
    * Harry is immune, or close to immune, to torture and compulsion magic. Thus Voldemort can't torture his enemy even though he is stuck in his base. The worst any of these spells can be able to do to him is tickle him a bit. Also any spell he casts is ghostly and thus can't do anything more then tickle him.
    * Harry must get into an argument with Bellatrix at some point. Where and when can be up to you. Be creative. Harry is stuck in Voldemort's stronghold and as he is a spirit. He has a major grudge against Bellatrix. Sparks are going to fly at least once.
    * Harry must make Wormtail's life hell. Same reason as Bellatrix.
    * Voldemort MUST NOT ask for help in the resurrection process. The Order of the Phoenix may know whats going on, after all Snape is supposedly spying for the Order, but they cannot be able to help.
    *This is the most Important of all. Harry and Voldemort CANNOT, and I repeat, CANNOT, fall in love.

The potential for this seems to be quite large. You could have Voldemort try to turn Harry Evil.
    Harry could learn Dark Arts by watching the Death Eaters, and use them to fight Voldemort after he comes back.
    Or you could turn it into a humorous one-shot where Harry annoys the Death Eaters and Voldemort until he get resurrected.

I have kept the challenge as open as possible for the very reason I want to see what people come up with. Surprise me.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2008
  2. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Would probably work better as a humor fic, or a parody. A serious story wouldn't work, because why would Voldemort try to resurrect his enemy, since Harry being alive essentially makes him immortal? Likely Voldemort would tolerate his presence, or find some way to banish him or whatever then resurrect his foe.

3. LogrusMage

LogrusMage Supreme Mugwump

Because if Voldemort is killed it means an endless existence as a ghost tied directly to ghost!Harry.

4. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Where did it say Voldemort would be a ghost as well? It would make no sense, if Voldemort went ghostly as well, then how could he order people around? Or even if he could, why would they listen to him? Death Eaters never seemed the loyal type to me. It seemed to me that ghost!Harry would haunt the very much alive Voldemort, in some strange attempt to force Voldemort to kill himself.

5. peregrine1989

peregrine1989 Third Year

The way I saw this is as since Harry had not been killed by Voldemort he wasn't dead, but as his body was no longer inhabitable, (In my crap version Harry got shot in the head, point bland, by Vernom) he couldn't go back there. As he is not technically a ghost, and thus, can't be exorcised away from Voldemort.

Also it must be said that Voldemort doesn't know of the Prophecy, thus he may just bring Potter back to life to kill him. After all he wanted to be the one who killed Potter. The person who is written to kill Harry will probably end up tortured to death, for daring to do what Voldemort has said only he can do.

The line in the intro wasn't explained very well also. When I said;
    I meant that Harry wants to be brought back to life to complete the Prophecy, and just has to convince Voldemort to do so. Voldemort doesn't have to know about the Prophecy.

Oh and lastly to Wildfeather, my original attempt at this story was to be a humor story, and that is one of the area's it would fit best in. However when I wrote the Challenge I also saw it as a NEW way to write a Evil!Harry or Dark-yet-Lightsided Harry, without all the cliche stuff. Thus I kept it as open for the writer as posible as a) I wanted to see what could be done with my idea, and b) I find that challeges can seriously limit the story if they are too structured already.