1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Personal downtime

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Antivash, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

<_< Compy crashed and burned yesterday... after a bad day at work i come home and find compy off... get it back on after reseting Surge protector and an hour or so later it just effing shuts off on me >_> Ive no idea what is wrong with it as yesterday completely sucked and i havent touched it yet to figure out. I will attempt to browse the forum from other locations and locate a spare compy in case of this one needing replacing... bah... means me no can write either >_>

I Hate Technology.

2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Now that fucking sucks. Sounds like what happened to Cervus' computer happened to yours... weird.

3. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Except that Vash didn't set his computer on fire while he was drunk. Silly Cervy. :p

4. Cell

Cell Gunner of The Black Poison DLP Supporter

LOL,what,Cervus set his computer on Fire.Oh man,First time I've ever heard someone set their compy on fire.

And Vash sorry about your computer,hope you can be up and running ASAP again.Best wishes.

5. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

Oh, I'm wounded by your words. Just for the record I didn't set it on fire. If truth be told I'm leaning towards the excuse that the PC wanting a sip of my drink and couldn't handle its beer. Lightweight!

Sorry to hear about the comp Vash.

6. Antivash

WOO! ... Ive gotten it fixed... power supply apparently...

7. Dubrichius

Dubrichius Groundskeeper

I actually had something similar happen to my first computer. Something must have been caught in it because the damn thing practically blew up in my face. Seriously, smoke was billowing out of the back end of it like a steam train. It was not a pleasent experience for me. Of course, this was almost ten years ago, and it was an Apple 2-E, but still, BOOM!

8. Antivash

o_O... you ... publicly admited to using an Apple... *holds up crucifix* AWAY DEMON!

9. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    As have I, Vash. Just remember, if you ever get tired of the viruses of Windows, Apple is there for you! Anyways, do you know what was wrong with the power supply?

10. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

I like the newer Apple's, the old ones reeked. But I'm still wary about getting one though, mostly because of the cost.

11. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

Yes, and now they are going to use Intel processors. No more RISC or Quad-Core G5 and other interesting things that made them unique.

12. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Power supply, eh? Same as Cervus'... I told you it was creepy.

13. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Now it's Quad-Core Intels. Slated to come out sometime this year.

14. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

Yes, I know and AMD will have Quad-Core on the market some months after that if I am not mistaken.

15. LINKed up

Something like that. And then in two years or so, eight-core Intel processors are coming out.

16. Dark Lord Shabranigdo

Dark Lord Shabranigdo Fourth Year

You should get out more. :mrgreen:

Anyway, what really gets me is the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH! AHHH!

17. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    On the subject of broken computers, mine completely crashed 4 days ago and yesterday I had to do a fully destructive re-installation of windows...and now I have no files...not only that but my windows product key that dell suplied with the computer doesn't work...computers suck.

18. LINKed up

Well, on the subject, my laptop glitched out early sunday morning. Screen went black, the music that I had been listening to through iTunes glitched off, and then it fell into silence. I tried to start it again, and I got the start up screen that is now used in macs, and it lasted for about 30 or so seconds, before glitching and scanlines appeared. Tried again, got the startup sound, but the screen stayed black. Currently, the screen stays black, and I am thinking of getting a new laptop. I've had something like this happen before, and I just sent it in to Apple, but then I had it under warrenty, and now I don't, mostly because my dad has had to open it up to fix a problem where the blacklight wire was crushed when the hinge on that side broke. Right now my dad is looking for ways to get the computer to boot again, and at the same time, I am looking for a new laptop on eBay.

19. bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin DLP Archivist

Depending on how big the city you live in is you might want to check out some of the local chop--err--shops too. I saw one of the places near my area selling some of the older (OS 9) iBooks for about $150.00 USD a few months back. If there are any Microcenters or Apple stores near by be sure to ask if they have any refurbished items too.

--bornagainpenguin

20. Dark Lord Shabranigdo

Dark Lord Shabranigdo Fourth Year

I feel your pain. Mine crashed, and I was missing one of the reinstallation (SP?) disks, so I had to send it back to the shop. I was working on two seperate fanfics, each with at least 50,000 words. And all of it's gone. Plus I lost ALL of my itunes songs.

Itunes is another thing thats been chaffing the hell outta me lately. I put a CD in to upload, and it say "Accessing Gracenote CDDB", When it's done, it doesn't do anything. Oh, yeah, and I can't get onto the music store either. SO since my itunes is dead, my ipod is blank. REALLY wish my friend (technological ignoramus) hadn't plugged my ipod into my computer to charge.

Sigh.

Ah, well. Glad to have my compy back, even if itunes is screwed. :|