1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pet Peeves!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lutris, Jan 17, 2006.

1. kota_dawndragon

kota_dawndragon Second Year

They were bred to combine the strength of a horse and the surefootedness of a donkey.

I am also one of those apparently disgusting fat people. I admit, I enjoy food too much, but I am in excellent health. Just because I don't enjoy exercise, doesn't mean I'm a lazy slob that eats potato chips in front of the TV all day.

2. Violent Seas

Violent Seas Sixth Year

My Pet Peeves?

George W. Bush. Hey, i'm neither a republican nor a democrat, and i used to think the guy was alright, but now he's just pissing me off.

Thatboy:

agreed. i HATE network firewalls. especially when my dad has control over it, and i don't....

hm...
    HPwise,

-I get annoyed when ppl write "Hermoine" instead of "Hermione", or spell the curses wrong, or things as stupid as that. DID YOU READ THE BOOK???? The worst is when you have authors who don't even bother to spell the title of the fanfic properly. It's basically saying that you have so little respect for your own story, that you misspell the title......
    - I usually dislike stories rated anything under "T". I'll read a few K+'s , but i generally will never ever read K's....

3. chronic dragon

chronic dragon Seventh Year DLP Supporter

poeple who critisize(sp?) the way i live my life

poeple who have no respect for anyone they dont know

poeple who think they're better than everyone else

poeple that try to force religion onto you

door to door salesman and telemarketers

oh and a story that has harry being paired with the red headed slut

4. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I have a new pet peeve:

Nazi admins at FF.net

5. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

*nod* Now we need a list of the Gestapo for the resistance...

6. Evil Shnitzel

Evil Shnitzel High Inquisitor

Sorry dude its pretty old one.
    They were assholes from the beginning.

7. Violent Seas

Violent Seas Sixth Year

They're getting worse and worse every day.....

8. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    they have to have a list of the admin staff somewhere...

9. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

-edited out-
    The gestapo would be the Secret Police, the trolls they have reporting us.

10. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Pet Peeves

People who clap at the end of a movie.(The actors can't fucking hear you!)

People who get whatever they want because their family members did too.

11. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

lmao, I went to one of the first showings of LoTR: The Return of the King, and near the end, when the screen went blank for a few seconds after Frodo and Sam were rescued by the eagles, everyone thought the movie was over. So they all stood and clapped, then realized that it was still showing. Then they stood and clapped after the scene with Frodo in the bed reuniting with the rest of his buddies. When the real end of the movie came, it took like 10 seconds for them to clap. Me and my friends were laughing our asses off.

Anyways, back on topic, one of my biggest pet peeves is when people clap after landing from a flight trip. Especially if the trip took an hour. Damn turds, I just want to get the hell of the plane, not hear you clap.

12. Goddess of Ran

Goddess of Ran Sixth Year

My pet peeves?

I'd have to say my biggest pet peeves would be:

1) People who demand respect because they think they're better

2) People who make jokes without considering a person's feelings. Especially when the joke is about said person.

3) People who call me on my cellphone in the middle of the night.

13. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    my pet peeves:

Authors that cant spell, and I mean REALLY cant spell. Like misspelling "at" cant spell

People that talk in foreign languages that you dont know, because you dont know what they are talking about

The Nazi Hampster that runs FF.net

People that insult asain languages by speaking gibberish. I admit, I used to be one of those people, but know im not, so there.

Waking up at SIX ****ING THIRTY IN THE MORNING!!!

People that chew gum REALLY loudly, especially when they sit behind you in class.

Guys that are total jack***** to girls for the fun of it.

People that don't follow through with threats.

that all for now. god I'm tired.

14. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

I went to one of the showings with my friend and there was a group of nerds behind us. They were talking about they had "only" seen the movie 4 times and had beaten all the games. It was disgusting.

15. phoenix2780

phoenix2780 Guest

Eh... too many to count... and several have already been mentioned, but here's the 'short' list:

Religious zealots--doesn't matter what religion. Zealotry is idiocy.

Micromanaging @$$es--makes it real bad when one of them is a manager at your work.

People who talk down to you because they think their better/smarter than you are. Sadly, this has included my friends in the past. I always got a private joy when the standardized test results would come in and when we took our ACT and PSAT. Apparently they thought I was one of their 'dumb' friends, despite the fact I was taking AP classes as well. A 30 on my first try on the ACT gave them a good kick in the teeth.

The 'Leadership' area on college and scholarship forms. You know, some of us aren't leaders. Some of us just want to live our lives as quietly and peacefully as possible, not lead a bunch of mindless idiots who were stupid enough to elect us to power in the first place. Besides, there's only so many leadership opportunities, and too often it's given to the 'popular' kid instead of the one who would actually find out what needs to be done.

Homophobes-- It's all in preference. Same-sex couples have every right to be together and be happy, just as hetero couples do. The only reason there's such a big deal is because religions say it is wrong and people allow religions to govern politics.

On the flip side-- gay people who force their preference on others. I'm not talking about an openly gay person, I'm talking about the gay person that continually hits on someone after that person has made it perfectly clear they don't swing that way and their excuse for it is 'They're gay, they just don't know it yet.' (Yes, I have actually heard this line used.)

People who assume I am goth by the way I dress. I don't think I'm goth. I don't know, maybe I am, but I doubt it. Just because I wear a lot of black and enjoy the styles found at Hot Topic does not mean I am goth. Actually, I'd say I'm more of a fangirl. I wear what I like, simple as that.

The damn foreign language requirement at OU. Damn it I don't *want* to take these damn languages! Not everyone who goes out into the world needs to be bilingual! Yes it is helpful, and I'd probably end up taking some language intro courses anyway, but a requirement for flippin' three semesters of it?! Plus, we have every language under the sun besides the one that would probably be most beneficial in the US besides spanish-- sign language. It is what I took in high school, but OU doesn't have it. So you mean to tell me that a little cow-poke town can support a sign language course but a multi-million (probably more) dollar university can't?! Grrr!

Someone down your hall in the dorms blasting literally wall vibrating music during FINALS WEEK!

People who blame all their problems in college on the professors. I'm on academic probation myself, but at least I have the guts to admit that it's due to my own issues.

Drama Queen/King's (this includes my mother) that let themselves fall back into the same problems again, and again, and again, and again and expect me to give a damn each time they come to me and complain about how horrible it is. If your 'not boyfriend' is insulting you, mocking you, threatening you, using you, etc GET RID OF THE B@$T@RD!

Parents who have kids because they 'want someone to love them unconditionally.' This is very selfish and unfair to the child and more than likely will ultimately lead to them being hardly able to stand your guts.

Parents who expect their kid to do exactly as they say without offering an explanation as to why when asked. Here's how I see it-- you tell your kid to do something and they want to know why. Here's you options-- tell them 'because I said so.' This does nothing to further the child's mental and decision making development other than making them feel powerless and uncertain. Or you can explain why, which the child will then digest and internalize for future consideration in his/her own decision making endeavors-- a learning experience.

Parents who try to replace their 'failed' children with a new child.

Parents who use their child as a 'best friend', counselor, and whipping boy for their emotional needs.

Parents who expect their children to unconditionally forgive them, despite the fact that their continual bad decisions has caused just as much heartache on the child as them, though they fail to realize and accept that.

Probably ought to stop here before I start getting *really* detailed...

16. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

-People that poke you in class, is it that hard to tell I either want to sleep or pay attention, neither requires you to poke me
    -People that are all talk
    -People that talk about you behind back but won't say it to your face
    -People that talk in movies

17. crunchyfrog

crunchyfrog First Year

annoyances...

-mobile phones being used to play music
    -The metric system
    -330ml bottles of guinniss
    -people wh call me a long haired f*****
    -Riddles

18. Dango-Fetish

Dango-Fetish Fourth Year

Sitting solemnly in the centre of a black hole.
    My "pet peeves":

> Marzipan with cake on the bottom. I'd rather peal off the marzipan and eat it - the cake is but an annoyance.
    > Useless advice people give when one is trying to find something, ("It's always in the last place you look" - Fuck me sideways! Why would I carry on looking after I've found it?).
    > Labeling someone purely for the purpose of insulting them.
    > People who are too proud to accept defeat and too ignorant to learn from it.
    > People who touch my precious hair without permission.
    > People who walk loudly by dragging their feet along the ground (may sound trivial but agitates me to no end nevertheless).

Perfectionism is a bitch.

Aghast! How can you?? I love riddles!

Time for my "Jack of the Green" impression:

"I tolerate the stars and the moon,
    I cannot abide the sun.
    Banish me with torchlight
    and you'll see me turn and run."

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
  19. C.S.Kaniel

C.S.Kaniel Fourth Year

My pet peeves, hm? I guess they would have to be...

- Like LINKed, Guys who are mean to women just to get their rocks off.
    - Fakes. It's bad enough that we have titles like 'skater' and 'emo', but then we have people trying like retards to BE them just to be cool.
    - The hordes of people around my area who see me as 'Dr. Love' for my 'fantastic advice', when in truth they all just do really stupid things that any sensible person wouldn't do.
    - People who say that their starving, and then buy candy to sate their hunger.
    - My friends dog, because I always get fleas whenever it gets close to me.
    - Filler episodes in anime. Well, the ones that suck, anyways.
    - Harem anime such as Love Hina, Hanaukuyo Maid Tai, and the likes. They deserve to burn.
    - Cats. I'm terrified of them to Ranma Saotome standards, and I have NO idea why.

That's all I've got off the top of my head.

To be continued, maybe.

20. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Shadows/Darkness.

Pet Peeves:

People who stand in the middle of the hallway and talk to their friends all the while not noticing or ignoring the growing traffic jam they are causing by standing in the nexus where all the classroom doors meet. Now no one can get anywhere.

Cell phones that can do almost everything. Music, Internet, Text, Games. Next thing you know. Refridgerator. Cell Phone. PHONE! PHONE FOR CALLING. NOT INTERNET. YOU 'TARDS!