1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Piracy: For when A Penny is too expensive!

Discussion in 'PC Discussion' started by Antivash, May 11, 2010.

1. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Err... what does Valve have anything to do with Infinity Ward?

Bootlegged AC2. It's an Awesome game. Would have paid good money for it too. Except its got the retarded DRM and I've already been the good loyal consumer when I bought Conviction. And Conviction has the same DRM. A week after launch, I'm playing "Connection has been dropped. Game will Resume when connection is reestablished"

Okay...

5 secs later, back in the game, a minute later drop, 5 secs, game 3 mins, drop. drop connect drop connect drop connect. THEY CANT EVEN KEEP THEIR GODDAMN SERVERS INTACT. It's like nobody at Ubisoft thought "gee, servers might get overloaded with this scheme." Not to mention the multiplayer which they touted as a "prequel" and be an all around crowd pleaser is broken to high hell for some reason. Mathcmaking is a 20+ min wait. TWENTY MINUTES.

Probably isnt related to the DRM but still, this is fucking ridiculous. Quality goes down but prices go up or stays the same. What the fuck.

Cant exactly have the whole connection issues happening while trying to stab someone in AC2.So long story short got bootlegged and tadah no connection issues whatsoever surprise surprise.

2. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

To be fair, they're suffering constant concentrated internet hacks as a global FUCK YOU for pulling such stupid shit with their DRM.

3. ForsakenOne

ForsakenOne Groundskeeper

Very well deserved in fact. DRM is just plain retarded, i am surprised they haven't backed the fuck up yet considering how much bad press they're receiving for it.