1. Hey Guest,

Are you handy with Photoshop? Do you feel the DLP Anakin logo is tired and old? Do you want to win a special as of yet undetermined prize? Join the DLP Banner Photoshop Competition! Fame, fortune, and the respect of your peers await those that enter. Sadness, despair, and a deep self-loathing await those that do not.

Enter the competition.
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Play Your Hand by ekcobase (Star Wars)

Discussion in 'Other Review Board' started by thattin, Sep 10, 2017.

1. thattin

thattin First Year

Title: Play Your Hand
    Author: ekcobase
    Rating: K
    Fandom: Star Wars
    Pairings: Luke/Mara
    Genre: Romance
    Chapters: 10
    Words: 15,607
    Updated: December 26, 2015
    Published: November 30, 2015

Summary: Immediately after The Last Command, Mara sets to work trying to put together an agreement between the Smugglers Alliance and the New Republic. Luke, meanwhile, is getting a bit ahead of himself in terms of exactly what Mara has committed to…
    Length: 15,607 words
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11643125/1/Play-Your-Hand

Play Your Hand is a short sweet romance fic set just after the Thrawn Trilogy. Romance isn't really my favourite genre yet despite this I find it to be well written and engaging throughout, if a bit clichéd. It's much more of a fluff piece and is a nice length for it. An enjoyable read if nothing else. 4/5

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2017
  2. The.Snorting.Hat

The.Snorting.Hat First Year

High Score:
    Herm.
    Pros:
    -Pretty good with charactarization.
    -Well written, no unnecessary lengthy fluffs in the middle
    Cons:
    -Plot was meh~ nothing new or groundbreaking
    -I was disappointed with the ending. It felt wayy too rushed. Also, the last action by Mara was completely out of character. She's not one to change her mind on impulse like that. It would have been better if she had left then, followed by a reunion epilogue or something similar.

4/5 because, well it was a good read despite the ending. There aren't any serious flaws to it other than being a bit bland for those who want action.

3. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box Prestige

High Score:
    I read this at some point in the last month, and I barely remember it. From what I do recall, the writing was basically fine, and there were a couple of cute moments, but nothing especially interesting. I guess I'd probably rate it at 3/5.