1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pleasant Suprises, Welcomed Changes by jokerswyld - M

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by carvell, Sep 4, 2007.

1. carvell

carvell Professor DLP Supporter

Title : Pleasant Surprises, Welcomed Changes
    Author : jokerswyld
    Rating : M
    Genre : General/Romance
    DLP genre : Romance
    Paring : H/DG
    Summary : Isolated from his friends after the end of the Triwizard Tournament, Harry's only escape from the nightmares is hard tedious work outside. That is until an unexpected letter arrives for him one day. Harry Potter Daphne Greengrass

Link : http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3708524/1/

Found this interesting fic the other day with only 3 chapter's it's to soon to judge.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2007
  2. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

It's White Knight, Grey Queen all over again, with less emo but much more H/C. Could easily replace Daphne with any given female at Hogwarts. 2/5.

3. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Trash...shit...weak...pathetic! these are some of the terms id use to describe this. Truly a mockery of the Harry/Daph pairing! im sickened that someone would desecrate this pairing so. Harry is a week bitch -1 point, Daph is a snivelling little weakling as well -1 point, Daphs parents are portrayed as unsophisticated buffoons -1 point, The gall to bring another truly unappreciated character being Tracy into the mix and making her look like a hufflepuff is disgusting -1 point. No plot, no characterization an all out written piece of diarrhea, -1 point.

0/5 fuck the trash bin, delete it out right!

4. MrMucus

MrMucus Groundskeeper

Don't like it. Not a fan on how Harry starts crying the moment he tells Daphne's father on what happens in the graveyard and how the romance develops so suddenly between the two etc.

Everyone is blushing all the time.

I do not like romance fics for a reason it seems. Honestly I could say that a lot of stories would have turned out better without the huge focus on the pairing.

But oh well.

1/5 for me.

5. Alayna

Alayna Second Year

Give it a chance.
    It's just three short chapters.
    It is leading to interesting possibilities: Does Sirius tell Dumbledore about the letter and the possible clearing of his name? If not, what happens when he is cleared?
    Did Dumbledore find out that Harry had been gone for the day and so on.

It seems to be hinting to quite a few cliches, but depending on how he solves that it can turn out all right
    I will hold off with rating it until there is a bit more suspense and less realtionship...

6. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

I'd give this story a 2/5 at best.

It's five chapters long and abandoned first off. Tehan actually put it quite well my feelings on this story. The only thing that stopped me personally from giving this a 1/5 is the fact I can read it.

7. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

Seconded. It's not terrible, but it's got too many flaws to make it enjoyable. Daphne is a Mary-Sue, the relationship comes out of nowhere, the Greengrasses tell him about his family vaults, etc.

2/5