1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Plot Bunny Thread: Other Fandoms

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Oneiros, Apr 5, 2010.

1. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Interesting idea, although there would be problems as to how the samurai managed to mark the majority of shinobi in the world in the first place...

2. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

I figure that it would be a momentum kind of thing. They pick up ten shinobi and force them to help in applying seals, thus ten extra shinobi get tagged that a samurai wouldn't have otherwise been able to get. It keeps going like that. I imagined the Kages yielding when the Daimyos barter with the tagged shinobi's lives.

3. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Would Naruto still be the Kyuubi container?

4. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

A Naruto plot bunny I was thinking of.

Nine years before the start of the series Kiri launches a coup against the Daimyo of the Land of Water. Yagura quickly kills the Daimyo and lords then uses the Samurai and his ninja to stamp out the rebellion. The few surviving bloodline clans running to Kumo and Konoha who are accepting them with open arms. Kiri now in charge of the entire country quickly rebuilds itself and in 3 years has managed to rebuild and come out better than before. aving the whole country to search out for chakra users and control of the economy quickly allowing them to rise to pre-civil war numbers. Other ninja villages are noticing how quickly the village is rising and start to demand more from their Daimyo, or in Suna's case do their own coup, so that they can keep up. By the start of the series Suna has replaced their Daimyo and have started rising in strength and numbers. Iwa and Kumo both have put puppet figures in control replacing the previous Daimyo and have also been on the rise. Konoha stands on edge with their Daimyo, who gave into their demands for more money and support, but are quickly seeing their spot as the top dog coming to an end. The Uchiha couldn't be killed off as in canon because of the strife across the continent, only Fugaku and the council of elders being killed, and have started calling for Konoha to have it's own coup to catch up with the other countries. The Hyuga and Danzo both are advocating that a puppet be put in place, because in their minds it shows that Konoha and the Land of Fire are still in sync. By the time Naruto has graduated, from a completely different ninja academy, Hiruzen has barely held off on the demands of the various factions and is close to war with an Iwa that has regained it's strength.

The story would focus on Hiruzen, who would be getting intel reports on what's happening in the various other countries and his responses, then slowly switch to the focus of Naruto, who has been training under an academy that was preparing them for war. Their focus will be on finding the reason that Kiri suddenly decided to do away with their Daimyo and on training for a war that everyone knows is coming. The Chunin exams would be cut because of the tension between countries so it would be missions until the start of the war. As for war itself I need a reason and a way for Samurai to actually be a viable force on the battlefield, because I feel they are left out way too much.

Madara and Akatsuki would be the cause of Yagura killing his Daimyo though they didn't know it would spiral out of control so quickly. Their actions, instead of gaining the Bijuu, would be getting rid of the ninja system as a way of world peace. They expected the Daimyo to start distrusting the ninja systems after Kiri, who was supposed to fail, and eventually all go the way of Suna and start to whither and die. Obviously this didn't happen so they are doing their best to play the nations against each other and get the Daimyos back in control.

A wild card would be the Land of Iron and their super samurai. I was thinking of them come in mid story as a nation trying to be the police force of the continent.

5. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I fail to see why the Akatsuki wouldn't still wan to capture the jinchūriki, they are dangerous weapons for ninjas. Maybe instead of capturing them to extract the beast and make a weapon, Nagato takes the abused jinchūriki's and trains them to fight for his peace. Although it is a bit convoluted I see no reason Tobi still wouldn't want to do his Moon Eye Plan, if the world was in even worse shape then before you would think he would try to rush it.

6. Oruma

Oruma Order Member

2 Discworld Bunnies.

(1)
    Monstrous Regiment, from the Sam Vimes' pov. Basically, his recovery from the events of Night Watch, his duties as ambassador of Ankh-Morpork in the war against Borogravia, his attempt to stop the 'greater crime' that is the Zlobenian prince's ambitions.

(2) the other timeline seen in Jingo, i.e. the destruction of Ankh-Morpork due to Vimes not chasing after 71-hour Ahmed to Klatch.

thoughts?

7. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Meh. Vimes as an ambassador was done it Fifth Elephant. And he didn't really do that much that wasn't shown in Monstrous Regiment. He sent a couple of his men out to help them and that's about it IIRC

This one wouldn't be bad.

Mostly I don't think that Discworld can be done well in fanfiction, Pratchett's writing style is too unique, any attempt to emulate it would probably fail miserably. But I would like to see you prove me wrong.

8. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sounds interesting, I do like the Vimes stories more than the others.

Ankh-Morpork would not be destroyed. It would, and has, welcomed invaders with open arms, and then bought their weapons. Hell, their national anthem is We Can Rule You Wholesale.

9. Oruma

Oruma Order Member

Ankh-Morpork probably would've been conquered, but while the city would stand nearly everyone we know and love (from the Watch at least) would be dead. Which is a pretty dark prospect.

10. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    HP/Guild Wars crossover. On the day after Ascalon was Seared, a boy was found within a crystal crater, unharmed and with naught but a strangely ominous ring on a necklace around his neck/shimmering cloak grasped tightly in his hand.

There are numerous directions you could take this, but it was borne from a desire to see Harry make his mark on Tyria with one of the Hallows, but not the Wand, or any wand really.

Thoughts on the crossover mechanics or plot conflicts?

11. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Knights Templar Power Rangers. :sherlock:

12. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    As someone working on a power ranger fic (Chapter 1 should be up in Other Fandoms WbA within a week) I have to tell you that making up a plot that's fun and not uber cheesy is really fucking difficult. Also I don't know much about the Knights Templar so could you expound?

13. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

I was watching a couple of Power Rangers reviews concerning Wild Force, and they had an ancient group of Power Rangers (3000 years ago) who wore Roman helmets and medieval armor, so I was like "Knights Templar designed Power Rangers would look awesome!"

... It wasn't exactly the most sensible leap in logic.

Anyway, the Knights Templar were a chivalric organization back in the Crusades. Originally a small group of knights who protected pilgrims heading to all the major Christian places in the conquered kingdoms, they swiftly became a major military force and financial power (one of the biggest Christian banking groups and landowners in Europe and the Middle East).

After the Crusades all failed and the Christian Europeans all fucked off back to Europe, they were basically a military beholden to no one and were owed money by people like the King of France, etc... who basically turned on them in the original Friday the 13th, executing hundreds and taking all their properties. There were a few branches who went under new names or were integrated into other chivalric orders by Papal Order (Knights Hospitallers, Order of Christ, etc..) but basically the order just disappeared.

However, because they only got a small fraction of all the Knights Templar and only their lands and not all their gold, there's always been theories and conspiracies about what happened to the tens of thousands of members, fleets of ships and finances, who just went up and disappeared.

Because of that, we got a Templars craze in pop culture about what happened to them and what they did after the persecutions (Indiana Jones, National Treasure, etc...)

14. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

Just watched 4th Shippuden Movie. Time travel is canon who knew?

It was interesting Naruto meeting with Minato. Nice showing Kakashi and co younger days.

Anyway after watching that movie I thought about time travel fanfiction. All of them creating ways for going back most of them crap. Why not use semi-Canon version. Take from that movie go from there.

15. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Or space-time ninjutsu which is genuinely canonical rather than the pseudo-canon of the movies. The method of sending Naruto back in time is probably the easiest part; trying and failing to use the Hiraishin, being hit by a space-time ninjutsu, messing up the summoning technique etc.

16. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

^ no offence but they are the crap I was talking about. They are cheap way of going back in time.

Let's face it none of that jutsus has anything about Time. At least not as going back in time. Movie version going back in time is much better that way I don't have to suspend my disbelief.

I mean Summoning Jutsu seriously?

17. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

...So you'd prefer an ritual fueled by an underground flow of chakra which uses a Hirashin kunai as a catalyst to propel them back in time?

It seems we share completely different opinions on this matter. I'll leave it at that. :sherlock:

18. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd prefer a chakra powered TARDIS, but that's just me.

19. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

I could get behind that.

20. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Question: Has anyone ever considered writing a story where Sasuke is kidnapped from Konoha to be raised by one of the other Hidden Villages? If they were willing to go after Hinata, why not make a snatch for the supposedly Last Uchiha and his eventual Sharingan, perhaps solely to counter Copy Ninja Kakashi down the road?

I exhausted right now but surely someone must have put forth an attempt at some point over the years, and I'm not willing to try searching at this time in the morning.