1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Emerald Randomizer: All Fishermen Must Die

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by LT2000, Aug 20, 2012.

1. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

So, those who still read the Nuzlocke thread saw me ragequit my Platinum run because of a damn Fisherman and his shitty Whiscash and Magnitudehax. This allowed me the chance to download Emerald Randomizer. It is the most incredible creation ever and those who have not done so will download and use it. Now. So amazing that I am making my own new thread for this Nuzlocke run that I said I would not be doing for a while.

Standard rules apply. Random starters and Full Random encounters.

I start up and do the early conversation crap. Out to rescue Professor Bitch in the grass. The three Pokemon in his case. Masquerain. Sandshrew. AND A FUCKING SLOWKING. King Sera, onward ho! So, so amazing...

The King wrecks that poopy Zigzagoon in royal fashion. And does the same to May and her crappy Mudkip. Pokeballs gotten. First encounter on Route 101 is a frigging Dewgong. I don't think wild seals run around in the grass in a warm climate, yo. Anyway, Linus the Dewgong caught with extreme prejudice. Healing up, will be back with more updates.

P.S. This hack is the godliest mod ever made. Download it.

2. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

It almost seems too easy tbqh. It's really cool getting the random pokemon, but at the same time you level too quickly. If you're fighting a slew of Altaria instead of zigzagoon, you get 4-5x as much experience as you would normally. Cyrus the level 14 Nidoking was getting half a level from level 4-5 pokemon.

You also run into the problem of retarded encounters. My trip into Petalburg forest started off with a Latios eating all of my pokeballs for nothing and then my trip past Rustboro landed me a dead starter to a Registeel explosion.

3. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Lucky bastard. The best thing I've found so far is a Blissey.

4. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Lucky in a sense I guess, but I can't do anything with a Latios and a handful of pokeballs unless I want to keep refreshing saves until that .3% chance comes through for me. But that's cheating.

5. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

Decided to try this - ended up starting with a Flygon which is pretty cool. However, like Churchey said my pokemon leveled really fast and I basically just one shot anything with it now which is kind of annoying.

I ran into an Articuno before I had any pokeballs unfortunately and I also got one shotted by a Registeel explosion which was annoying. I found a Snorlax that I really wanted but it just ate up all my pokeballs - sounds like our experiences have been pretty similar so far.

Pretty cool concept though - I'll probably keep playing for a bit to see how things go.

6. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

You're not happy with a Blissey?

7. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Started off with Area unique and random starters. Ended up having a choice between Articuno, Zapdos, and Poliwag.

First two pokemon on Route 101 I meet: Lickitung and Scizor.

Pretty interesting, though exp is also all out of wack as well, as the other posters noted.

Edit: This is weird. Like some of the others, I found a Registeel early on as well. Explosion is annoying at that stage.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  8. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

I'm happy with it, but it's no legendary.

9. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well I went for full random, but no nuzlocke because I'm not so good with emerald. I got for starters Wooper and hitmonlee nad some other dude, but I chose wooper, also got a castform and turkoal. awesome mod.

10. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

I'm going to start over and try to avoid grinding as much as possible.
    My luck is pretty absurd with this mod. In my 2nd attempt I randomed a mewtwo/suicune/regirock as my options, so I restarted again. >.>

3rd attempt nets me a beautiful Vaporeon starter. A Vaporeon still feels like too powerful of a starter for me. His learnset is shit, but his water absorb will make him pretty damn strong for all the swimming routes. In the end I stick with him because I like his fluffy little collar, so Louis XIV and I head out.

Louis has a low attack stat, but more HP than god. The fights are slow, but May's mudkip and zigzagoon bite the dust despite Louis taking a critical from a random Hypno.

When I finally get some pokeballs, I head out to 103 to catch a new pokemon. Glalie. I hate this thing, the ugly little shit. I catch it and name it Shezza. Despite how stupid it looks, it comes with powder snow and bite already, so he will definitely prove useful.

I head over to route 104 after teaching Wally not to be a bitch, and the first pokemon is of course Deoxys. In three runs and about an hour and a half of playtime, I've now come across Latios, Registeel, Regirock, Suicune(x2), Mewtwo, and now Deoxys. I don't know if I can catch it, but I don't want to because it's ugly, alien, and would make the rest of the game a bit silly.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  11. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

You're welcome.

Yeah, this is the awesomest thing ever. Seriously.

In addition to my Nuzlocke with the shittiest easily-obtainable pokemon, I've decided to do a run of the Pokemon Emerald Randomizer, which...well, randomizes all pokemon you can get. This means that you can get a Rayquaza starter - or, a magikarp starter - as well as find a Charizard while surfing. In general, it's pretty fun and will make for a decent Nuzlocke challenge.
    Firstly, though, on the topic of Rayquaza Starters...
    [​IMG]
    Yeah, this happened. After playing it a bit and writing an account of the game up to the first gym, though, I realized that a Rayquaza Nuzlocke was going to be boring and re-randomized it - choosing to go with an area-specific 1-1 substitution this time, as opposed to total randomness - and, instead, got Magikarp.

[​IMG]
    Turns out that, even if you lose the starting battle - by not being able to do anything but splash - the Zigzagoon flees before you faint. However, May doesn't, and thus a Magikarp run can't happen. Shame. Shaaaame. One day, doing things the "Mr. Fish" way will be valid and I'll be able to bludgeon enemies to death with a retarded fish. But until that day, I'm forced to start with an Arcanine.

The fight against May is interesting, to say the least. Arcanine is a boss. As such, I have named him Mr. Fish.

After obtaining my pokeballs, I head out onto Route 101, intent on catching my first pokemon. I encounter a mighty and powerful...Cleffa? Seriously? Whatever. I catch it regardless. After catching it, I head out onto Route 103 - having already encountered pokemon on 103 and thus making it impossible to catch anything there, as per the rules. I encounter a Shroomish, and, due to crithax from the hax gods, I am betrayed and it dies. Stupid Shroomish. Walking through the same route, I also encounter a Sceptile, Porygon 2, and Ursaring, none of which suffered from Crithax. Stupid Haxgods.

The next route, however, makes up for it. After meeting up with Norman and teaching Wally how to catch pokemon, I go out onto Route 104 and encounter a level 4 Slowking. I throw a pokeball at it when it's at half-health and the damn thing just climbs in. Thanks, Haxgods.

When I enter the forest, on the first Grass Tile I walk into, I run into a Drowzee. The Drowzee proves pretty unwilling to be caught, putting both my Arcanine and Slowking to sleep. Luckily, Slowking is a boss, and beats it weakly enough to catch it.

Went through the forest, training Arcanine and Slowbro and ran into an Aqua Grunt. He’s got the higher level. I’ve got an Arcanine. OHKO. I make my way through the forest without much effort, battle the trainers on the other end of Route 104, and eventually get through the city to Route 116. First pokemon appears when I set foot on the first grass tile – and it’s fucking Eevee. Jackpot.

12. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

Just attempted a very frustrating Nuzlocke run on this after restarting. I ended up starting off with a Kirlia that had only one attacking move, confusion. First I ran into a Zapdos and a Latias before getting any pokeballs, then once I did get pokeballs the first pokemon I met on each route died in one hit from my only attack. I then ended up running into a trainer with a Poochyena, which of course I can't do anything to since confusion doesn't effect him...

13. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Start with an Armaldo? Awesome.

First pokemon I see that I can catch? Taillow.

Not so awesome :(

14. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

OK, while I had some pretty cool luck with that other one (o hai thar Steelix), it was getting a tad ridiculous so I started over with Area Specific and Random Starters.

Choices being: Seadra, Wigglytuff, Milotic. GEE I WONDER THIS IS SUCH A HARD CHOICE.

So, yeah, Elder Pitt the Milotic go.

15. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Double Post. WTF?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  16. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Okay, started now, my first proper nuzlocke run. Area-unique and random starters.

The starters were Chikorita, Linoone and Castform. I would've liked to pick Castform but I chose Linoone. I love that white badger. Besides she has Pickup, the most awesome ability ever. Naming her Lily, I begin my journey.

Headbutting my way through the Routes 101 and 103, including a Raikou, I murder May's Mudkip. On Route 102 I encounter a Squirtle and catch him, despite his protests and my poor 12 pokeballs. Naming him Raphael after the most badass turtle ever(I need to find him a couple of sai or something.), I continue, helping Wally and listening to my dad as he goes on and on about how I'm not strong enough yet. I'm gonna rip his Slaking to shreds after I complete the circuits.Then just as I'm about to leave Petalburg some douche with sunglasses comes up to me and says pretty much the same thing as my oldman.If I wasn't ambitious enough then, I'm now.

I pick Titan the Baltoy in Route 104 and dive into the forest with gusto. Capturing Shear the Krabby, I bulldoze through Bug Catchers and an Aqua Grunt with a masterful combination of Tackle and Headbutt, while saving some random dude. My poor girl probably has a headache by now but still listens to my orders without question.

Exiting the forest I visit a flower shop for a few gardening tips, you never now when you might need it after all, and find a grizzly bear that somehow got into their backyard. While the ladies show me their appreciation for saving them, Lily headbutts the beast to death. I leave the shop with promises of revisiting them and a new bear hide coat. Gotta admit the weather is kinda too hot for it but the the long coat is badass. I need to be my best if I'm going around with two fighting machines.

I arrive to the Rustboro City and after healing up, challenge the gym. Unsurprisingly Roxanne's rock pokemon fall to the exploding bubbles of death. It seems Raphael takes a lot after his namesake. Receiving the badge after, I exit the gym, considering weather I should revisit the flower shop while I'm still near, I hear a shout across the street. Apparently a thief stole some goods from the Devon Corporation and that random dude I had saved from the Aqua Grunt asks for my help, again. It has nothing to do with me, but there is the possibility of that thief running back to the Littleroot then shooting mum while trying to steal her car, then I would go all it's my fault... I need to stop reading comic books. With careful application of wits and common sense I decide into a course of action. That thief has numbered days left.

During the hunt through woods and caves, Oracle the Xatu joins us, while the ninja turtle Raphael grows wings on his head and after fighting a disturbing amount of Kyogres, I face the bastard and smote his ruin upon the cave floor. Upon returning I get rewarded with a great ball, it also helps that the captain whose pokemon I saved during the fight agrees to give me a free ride whenever I request. Sweet. I'm starting to like this heroing business more and more.

The owner of the Devon Corporation is grateful, thankfully not like the flower shop ladies, and asks me to deliver a Letter for him. It's lucky that I just know the person who can give me lift and the flower shop just happens to be in my way, but before that Dawn challenges me to a epic turtle fight off. Raphael against her flaming gay turtle Torkoal. Raphael not afraid of a possibility of getting flambeed, hits it with high pressure blasts of water, result is a soggy gay turtle. Dawn pays up in most interesting ways and I continue on my way, taking a break in the flower shop for a few days, I arrive at Briney's Cottage.

Here I come the blue seas.

Current Team

Lily the Linoone ( Lvl 16 )
    Raphael the Wartortle ( Lvl 18 )
    Oracle the Xatu ( Lvl 11 )
    Shear the Krabby ( Who cares he just cuts the trees. )

In PC

Titan the Baltoy

17. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

So apparently this broke my ROM or something. Even when I tell it not to change the wild pokemon I get random shit now. LOL.

18. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So yeah, to make this a bit more difficult I've come up with a challenge for myself. I call it the TRUE 150 POKEMON CHALLENGE! Basically it means doing a Nuzlocke Run where the only pokemon you can catch are those in the original 150 pokemon. This does not include evolutions of the original 150 that were introduced in later generations (like Blissey). So here is the tale of AEKIEL the Bastard, whose hard on for the original 150 will move the world.

The True Rules
    Completely Randomise the pokemon.
    Only catch a pokemon if it's one of the original 150.
    Can only catch the first pokemon encountered on any route.
    No repeats if you have a currently living version of the same pokemon (evolved pokemon don't count towards this).

I was going to rule out healing in battle, but this is going to be tough enough as it is. Maybe if I find this ruleset too easy I'll do a no battle healing run.

-------------​

So I go through all the starting shit to get to the choice of pokemon. There is only one True Pokemon amongst the three choices, so I go with Raticate. Could be worse, but not by much. This isn't even a top percentage Raticate, but oh well. I kick the Zigzagoon's ass, it being an inferior imitation of the True Common Pokemon: Rattata.

We get back to Bitch's lab and I name my Raticate SCOTSMAN, because in this world there are True Scotsmen, though only 150 of them. Its ability is GUTS because it's gonna be carving up some god damn DEMONS, and its Lonely nature just makes it that much more of an attacking beast. He'll probably get switched out for something better later on though.

The first pokemon on Route 101 is a Milotic, but I have no pokeballs so it doesn't count. I venture on up to May and defeat her fake-Squirtle: Mudkip. She has a sweet ass though, so I don't hold it against her.

I get my pokeballs back at Birch's lab and go to catch me my first pokemon. I spotted an Electrode on Route 101 as I was walking, so hopefully I'll encounter that first. Holy Fucking Shit it's a Kingler! It didn't want to be caught though and I ran out of pokeballs so I had to kill it instead. Damn.

I go up to Oldale Town and buy myself a fuck ton of pokeballs to make up for my new shortage of them and head up to Route 103. Hopefully my luck will be better up there. HOLY FUCKING SHIT A KINGDRA! Holy Fuck My Luck Is In. I catch it with the Premier Ball I got for buying a ton of pokeballs and dance the dance of my insanely fucking happy people. Holy Fuck I need to name this thing something epic.

I name it DAGON because this thing is going to rape shit. I check it states and they're fairly good, and I got Naive/Swift Swim, so once I get Rain Dance I'll have a bitching fast water pokemon to use. I go back to train on Route 101 and find out that apparently this area is full of True Pokemon. In five battles I meet another Kingler, Gyarados and Electrode, with two Milotics filling the gaps. Ater levelling up a bit I head on to Route 102 and find yet another True Pokemon; this time Wartortle. Looks like I may be after Misty's job.

It takes a few pokeballs, but I catch it and name it GREENTEETH, because it's female and I couldn't think of any other decent names. Torrent isn't that good of an ability, but it's the only one the Squirtle line gets in this gen. Careful goes well with its Sp.Defensive focus though, so it's not all bad. Might give her Rain Dance instead of DAGON. He'd be better off with another attacking move.

My first battle against a random trainer is up next, though he only has a Poochyena. A freakin' Poochyena. There's no accounting for taste nowadays, I suppose. It gets crushed by DAGON's Water Gun and I steal some of the kid's money too. How do you like them apples, bitch?

Anyway, I blitz through the other trainers and head into Petalburg, get told I'm not good enough by DAD and get sent to help some retarded kid catch a pokemon. He wouldn't listen to my advice and catch a True Pokemon though. He wanted a Ralts. A fucking Ralts. Some people, eh?

I set out west hoping to add another non-water pokemon to the team, but all I find is a Taillow. Fuck that shit. Wannabe Pidgeys ain't gettin' near my team. Then I run into a Poliwhirl. Sigh.

Anyway, DAGON is swiftly becoming a wrecking ball capable of taking on pretty much everything in the area. Only other water types are a problem, since they tend to be bulky and they usually have a normal move for backup. DAGON just wrecks shit with bubbles and water. He hates bath time though.

Petalburg Woods is next and I have no idea what to expect. Turns out I shouldn't have expected much. Some retarded looking piranha thing called Feebas showed up first, which was killed in short order.

A couple of random battles later (including against an Aerodactyl. Sigh.) I go rescue the Devon guy from Team Aqua. Poochyenas got nothing on a SCOTSMAN. I get a great ball from him in thanks, which should be useful.

I level up a bit in the woods, then head out to battle more trainers. I could do with some potions to go along with my pokeball collection. I beat the lot of them, though the double battle against two grass types (Fake Pokemon both) caught me by nasty surprise. I check out the gym in Rustboro (Rock, which is useful), then head to 116 to see if I can add to my team. No such luck; Medicham.

I level up GREENTEETH some more in preparation for the gym, bringing both my water types up to level 12. The first follower of Roxanne is a push over, and GREENTEETH reaches level 13 by washing the kid's Geodude into a wall. The doubles battle is equally easy, given that I can oneshot Geodudes with Water Gun from either of DAGON or GREENTEETH. Roxanne turns out to be a little more difficult with Nosepass healing itself a couple of times, but DAGON eventually wears it down with just under half his own health left afterwards. Easy win. Now where the hell do I get HM01?

A bunch of shit with the Devon guy goes down again and I follow the trail of destruction along to the cave, where I kick Team Aqua Grunt #73395's ass and try to head out. I'd forgotten that I hadn't caught a pokemon in here. So imagine my surprise when a shiny new Magnemite turns up in front of me. Now to not kill it and catch me an electric type.

A couple of tackles and a great ball later, I have myself JUGGALO the Magnemite. How does he work? Anyway, I spend a bit of time getting up to a decent level, then I save and quit, because I'm damn tired and need to sleep. Fuck 6-2 shift.

19. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Route 101 doesn't count anyway. The first Pokemon you meet there is Le Starter.

20. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ah, fair enough. Too many Nuzlocke Runs on other games making me forget important stuff like that.