1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Fan Games

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Palindrome, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

I had the first town half built if I remember correctly.

2. Cirvante

Cirvante Squib

Pokemon Fusion Generation was pretty fun and I liked the story. It's about Bill's fusion machine and plays in Kanto and Johto, between the events of 1st and 2nd gen and with the protagonist of 3rd gen.

3. MoltenCheese

MoltenCheese Seventh Year

I also remember enjoying Pokemon Naranja a lot, despite the fact that it was in Spanish and I didn't really understand anything. It's a game that's somewhat based on the Orange Islands Arc of the anime. Sadly, it's not complete, but it still provides many hours of fun.

4. Roarian

Roarian High Inquisitor

For those playing Insurgency who really need a bit of cash... there's a fairly easy way to do so, and it might be considered an exploit. If you have a ground-type Pokémon (I had Delta Muk) & update your Pokégear at the secret base, there's a trainer to very easily grind a good amount of cash from.

Elder Clint Eastwood from the Pokégear's Memory Chamber only has the one Electrode; three of its moves are electric-type, the last is explosion. You can plop down a Nurse in your base to instantly revive should it explode. Regardless of winning or it exploding, you get 2400 pokédollars per fight...

5. EsperJones

EsperJones Order Member

I've been playing Uranium as my first foray into fangames. It looks very well made, and complete, too. I'm approaching the third gym now.

Incidentally, the Nintendo takedown notice is what caused me to check it out in the first place, so ... well done lawyers?

6. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

Oh yes a pretty solid game. I think 8 years development, maybe 9.
    One warning I'd give you is save often it doesn't have many bugs but the one repeating one it has can be annoying, basically the game doesn't have scripts in case you lose scripted battles like rivals or legendaries. Gym leaders are fine it's just two or three battles in the game they just assumed you would win I suppose.

7. Ludwig

Ludwig Second Year

High Score:
    Don't know how much it counts since it's not singleplayer, but Pokemon Revolution Online is one that I enjoy.
    MMO-version up to Hoenn currently.

8. Puff n Stuff's Hufflepuff

Puff n Stuff's Hufflepuff Squib

High Score:
    I'm sure these have all been recommended but my top five are:

1). Uranium (obviously)
    2). Pixelmon (if you're into the Minecraft Mod craze)
    3). Pokemon Victory Fire
    4). Ash Gray (Follows the anime exactly)
    5). Light Platinum

9. BTT

BTT Order Member

http://capx.wikia.com/wiki/Demo

Second demo of Pokemon Sage (aka the good Pokemon romhack made by 4chan - the bad one is Clover) was released today. Get it while it's hot.

10. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Right, so I used a handy editor to change the starters in Fire Red. I also modified Gary's pokemon accordingly.

Who to choose, I wonder?

[​IMG]

11. Zenzao

Zenzao 500 Club King Prestige

High Score:
    Slowpoke. Then dump it on the side of the road and acquire a Nidoran that you evolve into a Nidoking at the first opportunity and type-stomp everything in your path(seriously, it can learn 12 types worth of attacks via TMs/HMs).

12. Andrela

13. FlyingOctopus

FlyingOctopus Second Year

Slowbro is a personal favorite of mine, he's got a nice bulk to him. That said, decent/good water types aren't exactly scarce in gen 1 so maybe Magnemite? Pikachu isn't exactly a good electric type and Steel is a useful defensive subtype to have.
    Don't know if Sandshrew/slash has a decent movepool in fireRed/leafGreen but he seems to be the suboptimal choice.

14. Zenzao

Zenzao 500 Club King Prestige

High Score:
    Sorry mate, watching the Pokemon Red race from SGDQ '16 and it was on my mind(seriously, they junk their starter during Brock and have a Nidoking by the end of Mount Moon. I did it the wrong way all these years!).

But toward your original question, at first I was gonna say Slowpoke because Slowbro can evolve into Slowking, then I remembered 'wait no you have to unlock National Dex in those games before you can do that' and then I checked Serebii and herp a derp it's Slowpoke to Slowking so smh.

At least I remembered Magnezone is a Gen IV pokemon somewhere in there.

I think ideally Slowbro has the best moveset via most of the same TMs that Nidoking could learn from. I don't think there are any pokemon that can really resist multiple X-Special Psychic prior to National Dex.

15. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Tactical Tomato DLP Supporter

With the editor I think @Andrela is using, you can remove the National Dex prerequisite as well as turn trade evolutions into level evolutions.

16. Andrela

I'm using:

[​IMG]

Advance Trainer - Let's you edit all the trainers in the game.
    Advance Map - Let's you edit the maps themselves.
    Advance Mart - Edits the pokemarts and what they have / how much it costs.
    Advance Text - Edits all the texts in the game.
    A-Starter - Edits the starters in Oak's Lab / Birch's bag.
    Pokemon Amplifier - Let's you edit the stats of pokemon themselves, like how and when they evolve, or what attacks and TMs/HMs they have.

I haven't gotten into hex editing, etc, so I dunno how to remove the National Dex requirement yet.

17. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Tactical Tomato DLP Supporter

Not the one I was thinking of in that case. This is the one I use, it lets you edit things more broadly but stays within the scopes of the games. I can change the starters, make every trainer stick to a type, put a level % increase on opposing Pokemon vs my own, remove the National Dex requirement, remove the trade to evolve requirement, and a bunch of other stuff including behind the scene stuff like text speed.

18. Andrela