1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Gen 5

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Seratin, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Just bought this game. How easy is it for me to completely screw up my Otter pokemon thing? Am I gonna unlearn some awesome ability that I don't realize is good and then be completely screwed later? I haven't played a Pokemon game in years, but hoping to do it right. I wonder where my old games are and if I could xfer somehow -- I have a Mew somewhere in Blue or Red... I'm gonna miss something cool/vital then be pissed off later, I just know it.

But yeah, it looks like there's some internet trading stuff going on with the DS internet connection thing (which I've never used) but does DLP have an IRC channel or something with people willing to trade info for Pokemon purposes?

Hopefully this wasn't a completely useless bump. Though I suppose many of you may already be "done" with the game by now, so hrmmm.

I apologize if the relevant info was somewhere in the pages of the thread I didn't look at thoroughly. I don't have as much internet browsing time atm as usual.

2. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    In-game, it’s really hard to screw yourself over when it comes to Pokemon. While I haven’t trained an Oshawott yet, you can teach it about anything and it should be fine. If you do get rid of a move you want, you can always get your hands on a Heart Scale and reteach it with the use of the Move Tutor in Mistralton City. If you don’t have a Heart Scale, there’s always TMs to fall back on. Personality, you might want to keep Aqua Jet, as a priority move is good for a Pokemon with low speed like Oshawott’s evolutions.

IRC has the #pokemanz channel, and while it’s primarily used for competitive Pokemon, we’ll answer any questions you ask.

3. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just a bit of an update.

For anyone who hasn't been following the B/W events so far, there's a special giveaway happening on the 12th of february.

For a limited time you'll be able to download Mewtwo with Electro Ball.

4. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Anyone able to trade evolve some pokemon with me? I got a few I want maxed for my final team.

5. Seratin

High Score:
    I will. Though not 'til tomorrow. Too wasted.

6. Evan Tide

Anyone here that uses PokeSav able to tell me what name Fusion Bolt shows up as when looking at Victini or Zekrom through the editor?

I'm trying to edit in an event Victini, but I can't find the name for Fusion Bolt.

EDIT:
    I mean Bolt, not flare. Don't need another fire move besides V-Generate.

EDIT2: Nevermind. I found it. It's Cross Thunder.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  7. Evan Tide

Running a small service for people. I'll pokesav any pokemon and trade over for stuffs that's not a com mon, preferably some legit Event and Dream World so I can scan their data for better generating.

PM the pokemon, moves, stats, Held items, natures, 3 maxed IVs, EVs, Hidden Power type wanted, and ability to me along with your friend code.

Friend Code for my Black Version: 0304 4438 6682

I will only sav in legit configurations, moves, and abilities. Any pokemon not native to Unova will be marked as hatched on Driftveil Bridge on some random date.

All pokemon will be marked with my ID tags unless other info is sent.

As a note, all 31 IV pokemons are pretty much impossible to create and keep them legit enough for wi-fi fights. The PID values means only a select few, usually legends like Arceus, can have perfect IVs.

EDIT: Just double checked. All my pure Sav pokemon so far have been able to go through GTS checks for battles and trades, including Dream World and Event pokemon.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  8. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

:/

Breed them, you cunt. Jesus. It's not that hard as long as you have a 1~3 perfect IV Ditto.

:/

9. Evan Tide

Yes, because I'd so love breeding IVs again after doing it the last 3 games. No thanks, I have other games to play too.

EDIT: You ever try breeding an exact HP Ice and 60+ base power pokemon with specific imperfect IVs and nature alongside egg moves? Yeah, not doing it ever again.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  10. Lutris

My Timid Jolteon with 31 SPatk, 31SPdef, and 31speed, with HP Ice 69 says Hi. And my Modest Volcarona with perfect IVs save for a shitty 8 Defense says hello as well.

Also ever try breeding a Conkeldurr with both Mach Punch and Drain Punch? You have to get a Hitmonchan from Gen 4 with both moves to even get that going. Also getting a Hydreigon with Dark Pulse requires a Gen 4 Gyarados with the move as well.

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. I've used up every single box in my HG game to hold breeding stock. And most of my boxes in White are filled with pokemon with very good but not perfect IVs or mismatched Natures and the like. My hours in White are maxed out from breeding time. And I haven't been playing for over a year.

/end penis length comparison

11. Evan Tide

And how much time did you waste doing that for one pokemon, may I ask?

Now compare it to me spending 5 minutes per pokemon, and that's only really because I'm double-checking the legality of the moves I give them.

I'd much rather use that saved time on something else, like reading a new book or actually battling with them.

12. Seratin

High Score:
    There's a certain pleasure in breeding pokemon and having one turn out well. On the other hand this service is incredibly useful and above all generous. Some of us want to play the games over again with interesting pokemon early on or have other reasons for asking Evan Tide to do this.

I'm not competative so this suits me perfectly.

13. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I've played and beaten every Pokemon generation in existence and I don't even know what an IV is. Just saying.

14. Seratin

High Score:
    IVs and EVs are fairly useless in game. Well... not useless. Just not needed to beat the game.

IVs are like DNA and EVs are like experience.

15. Lutris

Whatever. Still don't approve.

16. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

As far as i'm concerned breeding is the unfun grind before the fun begins (competitive battling).

Luckily, Pokemon Online is a Thing.

17. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Oh God I cant imagine a competitive match that involved breeding your own pokemon. It would make every win 10 million times better and every faggot tactic 10 trillion times worse.

18. Seratin

High Score:
    Good thing he doesn't need your approval then, Lutris. :facepalm

19. Lutris

[​IMG]

So Junichi Masuda, the executive producer of the Pokemon series, announced on the Sunday kids' show Pokemon Smash! two new games to the Pokemon franchise.

POKEMON BLACK 2 and POKEMON WHITE 2. The games're supposed to be direct sequels to B/W, so we'll see how that goes. Yeah, not thrilled about the titles either. On the plus side... N'S COMING BACK.

/dies of fanboyism

/minor pagestretching what whaaaaat

20. Seratin

High Score: