1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Delos, May 7, 2014.

1. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

That's exactly why I wouldn't get it, personally. The $150 I dropped on the 3DS was already far too much for just pokemon. There's no way in god's green earth I'd pay double that for a spin on pokemon I'm not even sure I'd like. At least the 3DS has some decent alternative titles. The Wiiu has Wondeful 101 and that's about all it has over the DS that appeals to me.

2. mknote

mknote 1/3 of the Note Bros. DLP Supporter

Oh goody. My second least favorite generation is getting remade in my least favorite generation. I cannot contain how excited I am. Can you tell just how bursting with excitement I am?

yay.

3. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

I still don't get how X/Y isn't everyones' favorite pokemon game.

4. mknote

mknote 1/3 of the Note Bros. DLP Supporter

Megaevolutions and the fairy type. Both make me want to hurl.

5. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Probably the lack of a real post-game is one of my main issues, namely the weakened Pokemon League(seriously, 4 pokemon permanently? Even Unova's League became stronger once you were the real Champion!). Team Flare has to be the most obnoxious threat since Team Snag'em in the Colosseum side games.

I've mostly gotten over my grief about Pokemon Bank being an outside add-on rather than part of the packaged deal, as I received some decent Wonder Trades in the interim that since went on to become members of my second and third teams raised to competition level(I've been boxing my 100's). I've only used said transfer accessory about two or three times to get most of my missing pokemon from Kanto-Unova through to Kalos once it did finally arrive stateside.

Overall X/Y are solid games with some odd ideas, but so was Unova and it grew on me with time. I'm just looking forward to getting back into a region I loved mostly from the get-go. Bring on mah Sceptile! I'ma wreck some bitches like I did in the olden days!

6. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    I can't hear you over Red's Breloom.
    I can't hear you over the weather trio's epic battle that engulfs the entire region. I can't hear you in my secret base. I can't hear you in my secret TREE HOUSE TOWN. Do you even Mudkipz? Gen 3 was great. Fisherman are real men.

I can't hear you over Nobles battling each other to obtain rank. I can't hear you over the most fabulous villains in the pokemon universe trying to make the world a more beautiful place. I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF MY MEGA CHARIZARD X EATING SNACKS WHILE I PET HIM. Gen 6 was also amaze.

7. Lamora

Lamora Definitely Not Batman ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I always thought Hoenn was an interesting generation just to play as a character.

I mean, you actually had an entire family, you didn't really have a super antagonistic rival, and it was the first time legendary pokemon were straight up thrown in your face as the conflict, which became a habit for later games (you'll recall that in Gen 1 and 2, they were more optional than not (unless you played Crystal, I guess).

Additionally, it was also the first time that the Team of the game wasn't flat out evil in the whole mustache twirling way. Both Team Aqua and Magma are trying to improve the world in their own way, even if they're trying to do it by attempting to capture primordial gods (which, as the records go, is a uniformly terrible idea for anyone who a Pokemon Professor can identify the gender of)

Overall, it was a weird, weird game.

But I'm glad to see it coming back. And let's be clear - anyone who thinks pokemon trainers having their own exclusive bolt holes in the wilderness for when they finally snap and release their fucking pocket dragon on a town isn't the tightest shit can get out of my face.

I'm just waiting for the remake which can incorporate every region to date as well as every function. That sounds like something for a whole nother game system, though.

8. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

I've played all pokemon generations and I like all pokemon generations.

But born in 1991, Gen I came out when I was seven and Gen II came out when I was nine, iirc. I played them, but I didn't really get them. I had a level 100 charizard with strength and cut and a pidgey, I think.

Gen III came out when I was a young teenager and I logged so many hours on it. That shit was more important than DBZ. I can't wait for it.

I just don't understand how people can be so upset about games. They are for fun.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A

9. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Because they no longer find them fun, i imagine.

R/B/G came out in 96 in jp, 98 everywhere else.

10. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

My first playthrough of Red was when I was 7, too. I never got past badge 5 because I could never get surf from the Safari Zone and never figured out that fresh water gets me into Saffron City. My badass Nidoking was like level 60 just from killing Ekans and shit outside of Vermillion.

Last edited: May 10, 2014
  11. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

POKEMON ORAS GAMEPLAY INCOMING. THIS IS NOT A DRILL, PEOPLE. GET HYPE

Edit: Damn, false alarm. Just a couple cut scenes for the legendaries.

Last edited: May 11, 2014
  12. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

From what I saw in the stream, it looks like both Groudon and Kyogre are going to have mega evolutions.

13. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    The hype train has stalled. No gameplay footage.

EXCEPT FOR MEGA GROUDON AND MEGA KYOGRE.

14. gorgonfish

gorgonfish Second Year

CoroCoro scans should be leaking within a day or two, they're usually where valuable info comes from. That pokemon tv show is a children's program so nine times out of ten it just reiterates what anyone who can use the internet knew days beforehand.

15. fire

fire Order Member

I AM GRATIFIED TO KNOW THAT OTHERS BEAT THE GAME WITH JUST ONE POKEMON.

Level 100 Charizard w/ cut FTW.

16. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

I remember my first play through when I was six, and the untold horrors of Pokemon Mansion, I was trapped there for 6 months until my cousins came for a visit.

Otherwise Hoenn is deadset my favorite region, the Battle Frontier was epic, even if I only ever got 3 of the badges

17. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

I think the best games were Gold/Silver just because two regions. But Emerald was amazing.

18. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

True. Unova is easymoded too (in a general sense, though the final N/Ghetsis battles in the original Black/White are as hard as anything in the main storyline part of any of the other games). So it's not strictly a Kalos issue. I wish they'd go back to making the games more on the difficulty level of Gen IV, but it doesn't seem like that's ever going to happen.

19. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

I still have my Pokémon Sapphire cartridge.

I've never beaten it. I never will.

Hoenn sucks.

20. Lord Raine

Lord Raine Disappeared DLP Supporter

A game that has you play through every known area that's been shown, allows you to pick your area and thus your starter, contains a global world league made up of the Elites of every region, has an endgame that is engrossing and has decent content on it's own that also introduces players to dedicated global PvP and co-op servers, offers the option to prestige your character, banking your current Pokemon and items until you reach the global league again in exchange for being able to start over in a new region with a new starter, and a Pokedex system that offers significant in-game incentives to filling out the Pokedex, like rewarding the character at certain milestones with rare Pokemon, eggs that will hatch into unique Pokemon, Master Balls, or event-only items like Aeon Tickets or Strange Flutes that can be used to gain access to special areas.

If they make it look pretty, they could put it on the WiiU or the next console after that, and it would sell that console on it's own.

If they were willing to make concessions and revert it back to a lesser graphical format to save space, enough to place it on a handheld like the 3DS, no one would ever get any work done again. Ever. They would make billions.

I like remakes, but I don't go rabid over them like some people strangely seem to. I can appreciate the desire to, for instance, re-release Wind Waker. But honestly, I've already played that game. I don't need to play it again. If I did, I wouldn't buy it a second time, I'd just dig out my Gamecube.

Watching Nintendo release all these remakes makes me sad, because I can imagine what they could be making instead if they stopped trying to recapture past successes and started using the IPs and resources they already have to move forwards.

I would sacrifice entire civilizations to dark gods of slaughter and suffering if it would get them to announce a new Mario RPG for the console that was going to be made in the vein of Legend of the Seven Stars, was 3D, featured a party of four comprised of Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser with possible additional characters like Donkey Kong or Rosalina, and had them fighting against a returned Smithy that escaped and used his cosmic powers to resurrect old foes like Wart, Cackletta, Dimentio, Captain Syrup, and the Shadow Queen to exact his revenge and for all against the Kingdoms that repulsed him and begin his dimensional conquest anew.

You have to consider that Nintendo has made more money than the Xbox and the Playstation combined. I don't have the numbers on me right now, but I assure you they are suitably ridiculous. They could bleed millions for decades and still be in the black.

"Expense" isn't stopping them from breaking new ground or exploiting existing IPs. Sheer laziness is.

Last edited: May 16, 2014