1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Delos, May 7, 2014.

1. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Hm, says that you had to verify that you wanted their emails before yesterday. Guess I'll just hope for the next wave.

2. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

Shit. The unique Mega is Glalie? I was gonna skip the demo because I thought it was Solrock/Lunatone. Now I've got to actually try to get this thing.

3. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Fuck, I got the email, but image for the code won't load!

4. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    They're workin' on it, I guess.

5. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Its PokeBank all over again.

6. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

So the complete set you can get is Glalie plus stone, 10 poke balls, 10 heal balls and some heart scales.

7. MonkeyEpoxy

Anybody else get their demo code today?

8. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    ^ Nope, got mine last week when it was supposed to have gone out via email. On that note I snagged my Diancie yesterday at Gamestop, one more legendary closer to a full 'dex.

9. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    GF and I got Gengar codes for shiny + Gengarite at Gamestop

it denied us saying the gifts had been issued already. Which can't be since we took off the silver covering stuff ourselves :(

10. purple

purple Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

The time frame to use those codes ended on the 26th. According to the one sitting on my desk at least.

11. MonkeyEpoxy

Just in case anyone was worrying:

Sceptile is still confirmed godtier.

12. PomMan

PomMan High Inquisitor

13. MonkeyEpoxy

So, so awesome. I hope there's not typical nintendo bullshit re. the eon ticket, and I can download it over wi-fi. Fuck street pass or going to Gamestop or any of that shit.

The Japanese get it from Coro Coro right?

Edit: Wait. The eon ticket is just to get the second Lati@s right? You get one without it depending on version?

Nevermind then.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
  14. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Professor

15. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Because of my essays, I haven't had the time to be hyped.

My essays are finished.

It's time to be hyped.

16. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

I got Omega Ruby and I'm playing it as we type. Might be a Nuzlocke-y run, although I'm already rather attached to Sir Kippington The Fourth, so. Two quick things before I go, to tease y'all: 1, the opening is the most hilarious troll ever and I loved it, and 2, you can now inch the circle pad to sneak around (reduces chances of bumping into Pokemon in grass and stuff) and it, again, most hilarious thing ever. 'Cause if you go as slowly as possible on the circle pad you've got your player doing a slow mo Thriller dance moving forward. Doing that while sneaking up on May was twenty minutes well spent.

Back to it. Me and Sir Kippington are going off to help Team Magma with their plans. Sir Kippington aside, there's just too much water in this region.

17. Vira

High Score:
    Alpha Sapphire is in my grasp.

All systems are a go.

---------- Post automerged at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Um, I have a slight concern. I got Sapphire, and am I ONLY fighting Team Aqua? Because Magma didn't show up in the forest before Rustboro, and what I really liked about Hoenn was that you got to fight against two teams.

18. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Uhhh... You always fought just the one team in Ruby/Sapphire. Only in Emerald you fought both. The other team shows up in R/S as being against the team you're fighting, but you never fight them.

It's cool though. You beat them Aqua scoundrels. They deserve it. Trying to make Hoenn more water-y. How fucking dare they. I'm still trying to infiltrate Magma myself but the initiation involves me beating a lot of them... Hmm...

19. MonkeyEpoxy

Bout to spark Sapphire up. Quick question, does this game have customizable outfits like X/Y?

Also, later after everyone has beaten this and what not, can we organize a legendary trade-trade back thing so those of us with just one copy can get pokedex data + use the other version legendaries to unlock the rest of the legendaries?

20. Vira

High Score:
    There's no customization, which is pretty stupid. I hate it that every time a battle starts, I have to see the back of May, with her leotard, short-shorts, and thigh-high stockings. She looks ten.

---------- Post automerged at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

I’m two hours in, and I’m not sure how I feel. The graphics seem to have gone backwards since X/Y; they look rough. Perhaps they’re meant to connect more with R/S’s graphics style, but it’s a bit of a letdown. All the routes are also in their little ‘zones’, and the screen fades to black every time you go to a new place. It makes the world seem small. The music is pretty much the same, and the Pokemon appear to be limited to what the Pokemon were in R/S for each route. So there doesn't seem to be random gen 4/5/6 Pokemon, which is depressing.

Fuck, I’m still pissed about the Team Aqua/Magma thing. It didn’t occur to me they’d be split up like this. Emerald is my favorite damn Pokemon game, for the world and for the story. I loved how Magma and Aqua kept trying to one-up one another. Is nothing about Emerald in here?

I’m trying not to be negative about this, I’m not even past Rustboro, but I guess I was expecting these games to be more updated.