1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sun and Moon Anime

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Seratin, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So the new trailer for the Sun and Moon branch of the anime dropped yesterday.

https://youtu.be/p75xiZVhuKc

At the risk of sounding butthurt... What the fuck is this?

The art style alone is offensive never mind the fact that he seems to have reverted to a stage of maturity pre-indigo league. After such huge strides in his character during XYZ, this seems like a slap on the face.

Yeah yeah, "why are you surprised?"

Well for one thing the writers seemed really invested in the direction they were taking him and now it looks to be just... Gone.

No Serena either. Joy for some, pain for others.

2. Gengar

Gengar Polymagus Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Didn't they already do this?

They wanna serialise it. I don't really remember a jot of growth in the series when I watched it that wasn't forgotten when the credits rolled.

Unfortunately, it targets a certain demographic... Well, it did, can't honestly speak for it now. Sounds like they still do.

3. Ludwig

Ludwig Second Year

High Score:
    I honestly expected nothing less. Loved where they were going with XYZ, but wanting them to evolve past that isn't the same as thinking they would.
    Wishful thinking at best, that they would continue with it.

4. Rehio

Rehio The Chosen One DLP Supporter

God, I was so hopeful that the show was going in a great direction after XYZ. They'd seemed to learn from the tragedy of Black and White.

5. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Space, the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Starship Enterprise. Its continuing mission to locate.. MY SIDES BECAUSE THEY ARE GONE.

I never thought they could make the Pokemon Anime worse, but they did it, the absolute madmen did it.

From now on I will forever be able to claim that the Adventures Manga is superior.

6. Legend3381

Legend3381 Seventh Year

High Score:
    There are some many things wrong with what they have done, its hard to express all in words. Biggest thing, Art style. You age your characters as time progresses not de-age.

The only thing I will say is ... No, just No. Take it back, do it again and don't mess it up.