1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Writer, 61, Dies.

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Khazad-Dumb, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

2. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

As much as I generally do not care for pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh was a complete and utter bag of bullshit from Day -462. How dare you even bring that shit in this thread.

3. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

......digimon, digital monsters, digimon are the champions. :awesome

4. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

Pokemon was absolutely fantastic... until Johto started. Then, it gradually went downhill due to Japan's silly policy of having TV shows on all year round, thus resulting in never ending fillers (see the last 85 or so episodes of Naruto Part 1 for the perfect example of that).

However, those first two seasons - the original and the Orange Islands - remain great to this day. These were the episodes with the most growth, cumulating in Ash's victory against the Orange Island champion. That was an epic moment. Ash was becoming a real, respectable and intelligent trainer.

Johto then started and gradually decreased in quality due to the number of repetitive fillers. There were still good moments here and there. Ash's battle against Gary was great in the Johto league. However, after that the resets began. Pikachu becoming immensely weak at the start of each region, Ash leaving behind his Pokemon... New annoying characters.

Bag Hoenn onwards and I won't complain (and a fair bit of Johto). But I really believe those first two seasons were quality.

Edit: Team Rocket is annoying. No argument there.

5. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Does it amuse anyone else that only the first two posts were actually on-topic?

But I totally pull for Pokemon over You-a-gay-hoe and that other spin-off only Riley gives a damn about. I can still pull out any of the gameboy games, no matter if it's Gen. I or V, and be entertained for hours on end. It's never ending fun.

RIP, Takeshi Shudo.