Poland 2015 Elections

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ScottPress, Aug 8, 2015.

1. blob

blob Fourth Year

Not that I disagree that a certain person could use a heart attack (would make for a very ironic ‘act of god’ indeed), but I’m not sure what the periodic ‘hang them from the trees’ and other calls for executions bring to the discussion.

2. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Will it?

I don't think so.

I think that there's no getting off this wild ride, and the train is getting faster and faster...

We're gonna crash, friend. We're gonna crash.

3. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

Collapse, crash - same thing. Poland will get shafted and we'll get booted from the West for a generation of two.

4. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Or we'll become North Korea 2.0 with the Duck in charge.

5. Invictus

Invictus Prisoner

The best thing is that Poland is terrified with reason of Russia, but is spitting on their main ally. What they think will happen once they get the boot from the EU? Donald Fucking Trump will save them? Pfft. Man. I know the pain of stupid people voting repeatedly for corrupt, lying shits. Good luck for you and don't forget to flee when things go to shit.

6. Hesser

Hesser Squib

Funny times we live in.

We've got a party that claims that it doesn't like/is scared of Russia, so it needs strong army and strong allies. This party's actions lead to weakening of all of the significant alliances and army. At the same time, they govern the country in more and more putinesque (is that even a word?) way.

What is more, we've got no opposition at all. Parties that are in oppositions are incredibly unconvincing, they've got no political program, no interesting ideas, nothing to convince people, no strong leaders - nothing.

I wait for the disaster.

This is my plan. There is patriotism, and then there is common sense. Enough pople died and suffered for my country, I do not plan to be one of them.

7. Celestin

Celestin Half-Blood Prince

If he only had an excuse Kaczyński probably would do early elections right now. With the recent changes in the cabinet that removed almost all controversial ministers and the opposition basically destroying itself from within at the moment because of something that should be a non issue, PiS most likely would finally have the constitutional majority.

8. Invictus

Invictus Prisoner

What caused the self destruction?

9. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

39 opposition members did not show up to vote on citizen project about liberalization of abortion. Precisely speaking - about moving the project to a subcommision for further works. Their explanation ranged from 'I was sick', through 'I do not agree with the project and we have a compromise on the issue' to 'We are a new party and some of us did not know what they were voting on'.

And only 9 votes more were required to proceed the project further. Fun fact - Kaczyński and some of the more note-worthy members of PiS voted in favor of further proceedings, so now they can go all 'we wanted to discuss this, but the opposition did not want to, so you see who really has your interest in mind'.

10. Celestin

Celestin Half-Blood Prince

The last bit is what makes it absurd. Kaczyński promised he will never vote against any popular initiative in a first vote because it's from citizens and it should be at least considered. It costs him nothing to appear like he's always read to talk and he can easily block it later. That the opposition did what they did only proves that there is nobody competent enough there for PiS to actually lose against.

11. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

So ... you can pick between being governed by reactionary blockheads, or incompetent buffoons? I think this is the point where one might stop and wonder wtf went so horribly wrong. And then pack up and leave, I guess.

As an aside, I fully expect your cabinet changes and some more friendly language to be enough to appease the commission re: Art. 7.