1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Are you any good at cooking? Got a favourite recipe that you love to cook or bring out to impress that special someone? Why not share it! A new forum called The Burrow has opened and it's all about homemaking!

Post Your Pet

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Taure, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Darth V

Darth V First Year DLP Supporter

I really envy you guys. I wish I could have a dog or two, but my mother is scared of pets for some reason. Well, I'll have to wait until I move out, I guess.

Lovely pets, everyone! Actually, not 'everyone'. The scorpions and spiders freaked me out.

2. Pasta Sentient

Pasta Sentient Disappeared

[​IMG]
    (Fixed your link. Direct link to imgur images, not the imgur host page. - Drome.)

Lackey.

Full name lackadaisical. Laziest dog on earth

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2016
  3. Mydia

Mydia Squib

4. Samuel Black

Samuel Black Minister of Magic

[​IMG]

Gypsy, my 9 month old Scottish Terrier. I had to bribe her with treats to get a picture of her standing still.

5. Reain

Reain Squib

High Score:
    I don't have any pictures seeing as this is a new laptop, but I have three kitties that I love very much. Ventus (Kingdom Hearts) Mew (Pokemon) and Munster (Monsters inc.).

6. douter

douter Third Year

High Score:
  7. DictionaryWrites

DictionaryWrites First Year

High Score:
  8. elilev3

elilev3 Squib

High Score:
  9. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Minister of Magic

This is Tiamat at about ten days, and at about six months. She's a bedlington/whippet cross (therefore a Lurcher. Apparently), and I literally cannot take her for a walk without someone telling me how pretty she is.

Imgur link here, because picture is big

EDIT

Also, here's a video of her being confused by a puppet.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  10. BTT

BTT Order Member

[​IMG]
    The puppies currently residing in my back yard. Apparently they think I'm tasty, because they love nibbling on my fingers.

11. EsperJones

EsperJones Order Member

http://imgur.com/uYSwrAo (Link because large)

Hex has been with me for almost a year now, adopted as a feral rescue kitten. She's very cuddly with me but still scared of other people and loud noises.

12. Sorrows

Sorrows Seventh Year Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well if people be boasting... this is my dog, she is half saarloos wolfdog, half husky, all madam. Her name is Echo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Oz

Oz Heir to Hogwarts Moderator DLP Supporter

Wow, she's a cutie.

14. Sorrows

High Score:
    Yeah, she is, a massive pain in the arse but she makes up for it by being so cute. Not gonna see her for a year :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  15. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's weird as shit seeing people you know wearing the same bath robe you do. It's toasty as fuck though, isn't it?

Also, cute dog. I've never been active enough to warrant a husky type dog, but I've always wanted one.

I'm gonna be missing my dogs too when I move down to Portsmouth. Current hope is that 4-5 months along the line I'll be a good enough position to bring the pup down. She's much the same as yours; a pain in the arse, but cute as all hell at the same time.

16. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Tactical Tomato DLP Supporter

What's the biggest difference in wolfdog breeds to normal dogs, as an owner?

17. Sorrows

High Score:
    Aekiel Its snuggly as shit, techinically I bought it for my lil sister but it gets stolen quite often.

TheWiseTomato She is only half wolfdog, though she definitely looks far more like her saarloos dad than her husky mum. So its a little hard to say for sure where she gets her traits from.

I would say she is very independent, she likes to 'hang out' near you but doesn't come up looking for (or want) fussy type attention (unless she wants to play.) She is a amazing escape artist, out garden is now like fort knox, and yet I've found her at the back door more than once after shes taken herself for a wander around the village.

Shes very smart which makes her hard to train...sort of, if you have food she is perfect and she picks up tricks really quickly. If you don't though she knows she doesn't really have to do what you tell her. She does tend to eventually acquiesce to your request, but very much on her own terms. For instance she will come back when you call her...once shes finished looking around or whatever she was doing. To be honest in a lot of ways she reminds me more of a cat than a dog.

She almost never barks, is utterly non-territorial or aggressive and bounds up to every person and dog she sees. She loves other dogs but is also fine occupying herself for long stretches of time. I wouldn't recommend a dog like that for anyone with small kids, she would never intentionally bite or scratch anyone but her form of play involves a lot of soft mouthing and rough and tumble.

I'd say the biggest difference from other dogs I've had is she seems to see me (and other family members) almost as friends or packmates rater than as a master. It's a bit hard to describe, but she definitely doesn't live for your approval, you get the impression that this is more of an equal partnership in her eyes. You're in charge, but you'll get no respect if you don't also give it.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  18. Paradise

Paradise Slug Club Member DLP Supporter

So big grooming day for all the dogs and I figured I would post some pictures.

This little guy is Indy:
    [​IMG]
    The white one who is next to him is Austin and here is a few of him
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here is another one her name is Ava:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I would grab more but they aren't the most photogenic lot.

19. oakes

oakes Auror DLP Supporter

They're adorable, but I've always wondered, why do people with small dogs always have 3 of them?

20. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Because deep down, they know they'd rather have a Labrador or a Goldie, and they have to make a big dog out of multiple silly ones.