1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Prince of Persia

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

DAMN STRAIGHT! And im already 1/4 through again...

2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Heh heh heh. I havnt done something like that in so long... ahh, the good old days...

3. Euphemism

Euphemism First Year

I finished the game in three days or so. Started the night before my last exam, finished it the day after.

That boss fight where you're up against the axeman and the swordsman is a real pain. Took about two hours, and probably 25 tries or so. And I hate those goddamn cutscenes - the major ones you can skip over, but not the ones that lead up to the actual damned boss fights (except for the last one). You have no idea how annoying watching that was.

Anyhow, that was on normal mode, I've started again on hard.

As for him picking up the dagger, be glad you get a better dagger rather soon. Against the archers, the butterknife takes about 5 vaults to kill one, as opposed to just one or two with the good one.

Still, the Prince makes a rather nice comment about that (the lines in the game are the best part!), something like, "Why is it that every time something happens I find myself without a proper blade?"

One thing I'm curious about, given the general attitude of the forum-goers here - what did you think about the Prince's attitude towards the end and Farah? I'm sure I could draw some parallels to the Most-Hated-Ship here...

4. Antivash

I actually thought the ending fit... I was sort of sad to see the other chick (cant remember her name at the moment) die... but i greatly love the game... While the story and ending COULD be better its one of the most amazing games out right now.. its completely worth the money...

5. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Whoopee, I just finished the game. I liked the ending, and don't you dare compare Farah to Ginny! :p lol, She's much better.

P.S. Vash, do you get an alternate ending like the other game if you get all the life upgrades?

6. Antivash

*nods*... rather than fighting butterfly boy if you get all nine life upgrades you get a different ending and fight the dark prince i think it is...

7. Euphemism

Euphemism First Year

Nah, it's the same ending either way. There's no point in having alternate endings anyway - this is the end of the trilogy, and it needs a conclusive ending, not one that could open it up to sequels.

P.S. There's six life upgrades.

And the story and ending are indeed great - I just wish it was a bit longer.