1. Hey Guest,

Are you handy with Photoshop? Do you feel the DLP Anakin logo is tired and old? Do you want to win a special as of yet undetermined prize? Join the DLP Banner Photoshop Competition! Fame, fortune, and the respect of your peers await those that enter. Sadness, despair, and a deep self-loathing await those that do not.

Enter the competition.
    Dismiss Notice

Quality Naruto fics

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Inert, Feb 17, 2012.

1. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    In case it isn't clear, that last paragraph is an obvious callback to Friendship is Optimal (with a little nose-thumbing). It's completely ridiculous, but it does make more sense if you've read that.

2. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It could have been worse. Jumped the shark sure. But I imagine it went full Crack because at the time it was updating Gender Fluid characters was a huge thing on SB.

3. Adric

Adric Squib

High Score:
    I get the feeling that kaleidoscope doesnt take itself seriously (I hope...).

Self inserts are usually put into one of two catagories - wish fulfillment or fucking shit.

Are they're actually any good male self inserts in fanfiction not named This Bites? Like at all?

4. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The Root of Darkness is a male Root SI fic. But they've taken a turn for the worse and are now jumping Fandoms. They're in the HP world now. While it's not terrible I hate the dimension walking SIs.
    The Unwoven threads of Fate is a male SI who's got the jiongu, or a modified version. It's hit or miss on some things, but not outright garbage if I'm honest.

I'll update with links here later.

5. fire

fire High Inquisitor

Found a couple of good Naruto quests on SV:

Shed Skin - Orochimaru-centric

and

Spotted Cherry - Madara-in-Sakura, which is about as awesome as it sounds.

6. Adric

Adric Squib

High Score:
    Is it legally self defense to kill someone who recommended a VFSNAKE fic to me?

If you want to understand stuff wrong with non-si fanfiction. That's you're guy. Fucking hell

7. kracken

kracken Squib

High Score:
    Found this fic which is pretty good. Sakura as Kyuubi jinchuuriki, abandoned in 2012 but 100k words.

Dead Garden