1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Queens Of Darkness, Ladies Of Light by Thalarian (Myself) - M/NC-17

Discussion in 'Restricted Section' started by Thalarian, Aug 8, 2006.

Not open for further replies.
  1. BloodRedSword

BloodRedSword High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

All I can say is...

Like wine, the longer you wait to open it, the better the taste of the wine will be...

Gentlemen, and ladies (if any) please be patient and wait... After all he is still writing...

And by the way, hi guys! I'm new here so...

2. Wolf07

Wolf07 Squib

Updates

I've read it over in ficwad and it was an awesome story. At first I thought it would be another Harry/Ginny story but it got better in the second chapter. Anyone know when he'll Update. :cool:

3. Nexus

Nexus Denarii Host

Wolf if the update for this story becomes a question of life and death for you. Lets just say that You are already dead, you just don't know it yet. ;)

4. BloodRedSword

Agreed... Think we need a flamethrower in these parts... Need to burn out those irritating pests who keeps demanding updates like their god-given rights... Hmm... Part of the reasons why I can't be bothered to update...

Burn bastard! Burn!

*Uses flamethrower from C&C3 to BURN you!*

Welcome to HELL, Motherfucker... Enjoy your stay here, NOT!

Know this, my sword was stained with bloods of those I had slaughtered... Thus my name, BloodRedSword!

5. Nexus

Nexus Denarii Host

All good and fine mate. But your post.....eerrrrr.....flame madee no sense at all...

6. BloodRedSword

Which part? The flamethrower part or the burning in hell part?

7. Cheyne

Cheyne First Year

Why do people torment me so? I wake up and come online, see this was the most recently posted in Thread and am all *GLEE*.

Then it's someone just saying "UPDATE" or someone else saying "DONT SAY UPDATE"

It's driving me nuts! :eek:

8. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    BRS, that was way over kill. The guy says one thing and you jump down his throat. Flame all you want, but flame the author instead of fighting with some other poster. Seeing as this story was alright, I can say that you just need to chill out and you, Wolf, might find it wiser to just comment on the actual story when people like this guy seem to get there jollies commenting on stupid things. If you want to start a threat on how much newbies piss you off - even though you (and I) are newbies - then go and have fun making one. Besides that, please shut up.

Back to the story. It was alright, through spelling errors were there and it was a bit boring to read. Not a favorite, though definitely not bad. 3.5/5

9. BloodRedSword

Dude, I'm nice... Just that I'm... how should I say... Crazy, insane, and whatever you can think of to describe me as a mentally unfit person... Besides, noobs don't piss me off...Idiots who have no idea how hard it is to craft a decent stories and keep demanding updates every other day does....

Try be an author and have people demanding updates from you... I assure you, you will be pissed off... We authors protect each others arse...

10. Calen

Calen Fourth Year

Well I've read a few chapters, then decided to read this to see what everyone else thinks. It's okay so far, but I was hoping for a more Pokegirls(laugh all you want but I still liked it) plot line. I've taken a look at jon3776's challenge "Seven Queens of Darkness, Seven Ladies Of Light" and it's got me thinking that something like the pokegirls would work great. Or do a little swip/swap and instead of Ranma having a Sailor Senshi harem, give them to Harry... heh... that has so many possibilities.... *drool*.... (sorry just been reading Vash's hentai fanfic...)

Anyway hope to see more of this soon!

11. Snarf

High Score:
    You throw a story out there for me to read and you can protect your fellow man all you want. I've seen reviewers give much more blatant requests for more chapters and they didn't get a banana in the tail pipe for it.:banana: Calm down a bit and leave your . . . crazy . . . insane . . . shit off of a thread it doesn't need to be on.

Thanks

Kolskit

12. BloodRedSword

I do write stories but they sucks, big time... so... You get it? Don't believe me? Not my problem... Besides, I'm not the only one who "politely" request people to stop demanding for updates... So let's make it this way, I stay off the back off people who demands updates and YOU stay off my back?

Do we have an accord?

Last edited: May 11, 2007
  13. Snarf

High Score:
    Finally, we have come to an understanding, but let's change the rules a bit. You can send private messages to these demanding kiddies all you want, but don't post it on threads when their is no purpose . . . actually, I've done that myself by keeping this little agument on this thread. Sorry all, my bad.

14. BloodRedSword

Ok... So basically, I can tell them the shut the fuck up here but burn them for all I want in private... Correct? Something like this?

Forum posting:
    Dude, stop demanding updates.... You are dead and let's just leave it that way...

Private Message:
    You motherfucking bastard! How many times people must say before you get it into your bonehead that nobody demands update! Fuck you, understand! Burn bitch! Burn!

Something like that possible?

Think that you are forgiven...

15. Thalarian

Thalarian Seventh Year

Alright, that's it, enough is enough. I've quickly moved on from the 'I'm sorry I haven't updated!' threshold to the 'What the fuck...?' territory.

From this point on, not another fucking word posted here complaining about the update. Yeah, it was close to being finished, but I've been more focused on real life more than anything else so I haven't really had the time or the drive sit down and fine tune everything. You want to give me a paycheck at the end of every two weeks and cover all my bills? Well if you're willing to do that I'm more than willing to quit my job and all of my other side projects and write all day.

If not, then stop bitching. That simple. You've got a problem with the update then PM me about it. If you don't want to PM me about it then hit your browser's Back button and move on. I don't get paid to do this and while it is enjoyable to an extent, it quickly loses it's shine when I log in and see this nonsense. So if you've got a problem with me handling things in other areas of my life over writing something for you to waste your time, get over it.

Don't get me wrong, I love my story and I take pride in it. I also appreciate everyone who loves it and is excited to read more. While I can respect the slight impatience that can accompany the enjoyment of getting to see more of the plot unfold, there comes a limit before all the 'zOMG yoo said yoo'd updaterz!' crying becomes a nuisance.

Nobody is more anxious to get the next chapter out more than the author.

Now that that's cleared up, let's move onto this flaming each other bullshit.

Take that shit elsewhere. Leave it out of the story threads. Whether it be mine or another authors. The story threads aren't here for any of you to needle and flame each other like fucking schoolyard kids, it's a place to discuss, brainstorm, and leave feedback for a damn story.

You all should know that by now and it's irritating to see a Moderator (And other members) come in and tell you all that and watch as it just gets brushed off. It wasn't said for the sake of one wanting to listen to themselves speak, it was said because it's just plain annoying to watch many of you piss, moan and bicker over nothing. Take all that shit to PM's, or if not PM's, then IRC or something of the like. It's not needed here and obviously if you've got something like that to say to someone, do it to them in private where it belongs. It doesn't involve the rest of us.

That being said, I'm going to reiterate this one more time since it seems to keep on being ignored:

Unless you have a legitimate question (Besides 'WHEN ARE YOU UPDATING!?'), constructive criticism or any type of critique, suggestions thoughts or even discussion ideas about the fic, DON'T. HIT. THE. REPLY. BUTTON.

I don't want to see anymore of this crap in the thread from here on out, not even anybody's response to this. If it doesn't stop then I'll ask one of the staff to lock the thread and that will be the end of it.

Stick to the story, nothing else.

Last edited: May 12, 2007
  16. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Ok, I have an actual question here, about one of the later Ladies/Queens.

One of them is Viconia, from the drow city of Ust Natha. As a game fan, I recognize that reference as Viconia from the Baldur's Gate Saga. But my question has to do with her disposition.

Is it going to be cold, hard bitch from before she was taken in by the Player in BG? Or might it be the softer one that has courted her and loved her.

If she's the former, I could see her easily sleeping with Harry to get him to talk, then later realizing her mistake.

If she's the later, I wonder how she'd deal with the death of her loved one.

If you've already answered this, just ignore this.

Thank ya!

17. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Not that I know much of Thal's plans, but from the bits and pieces i have gathered, I would assume the former, rather than the latter. Interesting to see either one, honestly. Viconia is an intersting character in any respect.

18. Thalarian

Thalarian Seventh Year

Don't worry, there hasn't been much discussion about Viconia really so I'll divulge what I have for her so far. Viconia was probably one of the hardest characters to formulate in the original draft outline, and even more so in the second, more solidified one.

The conflict actually comes from the aspect you pointed out. She has several differentiating 'storylines' or personalities throughout her progression of the Baldur's Gate saga. All of which were influenced by the decision the Player made. So it was difficult to decide on any one of her personas without destroying too much of her base character (Otherwise why even choose her when I could use an OC?) but also being able to believably integrate her into the HP universe.

As tough a call as it was to make, I chose the Viconia that was 'romanced' by the Player all the way until the end of Throne Of Bhaal. The Viconia that learned love, compassion and even bits of humanity and mercy.

The reason for that is because I've turned Viconia into a vicious Queen. And using aspects at the end of that game, having the persona that was once evil, turned good, then turned evil again by the time Harry gets her was just too juicy to pass up. I won't spill the secrets as to why she's become evil again as that would spoil a big part of her discovery in the story and her backstory after the Throne Of Bhaal saga, but just be prepared for a Queen that's entirely consumed with anger and rage. Far more than even Lilith. (Lilith is also fueled by psychotic seduction, so her personality doesn't focus solely on anger like Viconia's will)

A lot of Viconia's true Drow nature will play a big part in her role as a Queen, as well as her ties into the Bhaalspawn Wars and her religious beliefs in Lolth.

I've unfortunately had to deviate a bit from her 'skills', or whatever you'd call them, from the Baldur's Gate games to make her a bit more specific and unique amongst the others so don't plan too see her using too much spellwork or magic from Baldur's Gate.

19. pr0

pr0 Muggle

Briefly delurking.

Love this story - couple of quick comments. My idea for the next one Harry is going to bring back to life is the angel who followed Lucifer to Hell (whose name I must confess eludes me). Also incidentally Viconia worshipped Shar rather than Lolth - no disturbing spider fixation.

Not that it really matters. Again love the story.

Relurking.

20. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

As long as her Drow nature and the Bhaalspawn Wars are given proper weight, I'm cool. :D