1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Ranked Diaries

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Churchey, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Sounds like a good time you're having there, Tutorial.

2. Tutorial Boss

Tutorial Boss Seventh Year

It also doesn't help that my laning has rusted significantly. My top lane was pathetic in some previous vs. Darius/Swain matchups and my ADC farming has atrophied. Jungling has spoiled me >.<

3. Miner

Miner Order Member

For next time. :)

4. Tutorial Boss

We lost, but it actually wasn't that bad. I camped Vayne and fed her four kills early. She lost lane and ended game with 5/11.

What does a jungler gotta do? Ignore the lane failing, or invest into it? >.<

5. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Generally if a lane is just consistently failing, in particular after potentially multiple attempts to turn them around, than attempting to perform further triage is most often an ineffective use of your time.

At that point, if possible, attention should generally be given to any lanes that are doing well, to snowball them further, or even just to draw enemy attention away from the losing lane by pushing the winning lane. Extra points if the winning lane is Top, and drawing enemy attention away from Bot allows a Dragon pickup, or something.
    Of course, this extra/lost attention is easiest to pull off generally if the winning/losing-est lanes are at opposite ends of the map, so enemies are less able to quickly react.

If you can inform the losing lane to simply focus on waveclear/farming and warding, and avoiding any skirmishes with their opponent(s), in a nice way such that they don't get offended, or angry at your lack of further attention to them, then all the better. This is unfortunately often unsuccessful by virtue of the circumstances that have caused them to be a losing lane in the first place, but individuals do vary in their reactions to advice.

6. Tutorial Boss

See, that's the thing. I know that in theory, and I do practice it. BUT, what do you do when this happens:
    Vayne didn't seem very good, and her enemy laner (I think it was GP?) was aggressive AF. My ward sees Amumu go for a gank, I move to countergank because I just finished my west jungle clear. We get an early double. I proceed to gank and kill GP successfully two more times; the rest of the lanes were pushed.

Bot lane starts seeing trouble and Amumu clearly started focusing bot/mid, as above theory. I cycle bot, content that top is good.

Vayne starts losing lane. She gives one, then two kills. GP pushes to tower, and I save tower and kill GP with ~40% hp. Vayne says she's good. I keep on focusing on bot, but it's mostly a poke game and Amumu is catching up on farm. Midlane is an Ahri, and while I try to apply pressure ganking her is moot, especially with lane keeping around the middle.

Vayne dies again. From here, I ignored top and focused on countering Amumu. What should I have done?

7. Miner

Miner Order Member

What jungler were you playing? You never specified, only mentioned an AP jungler...

8. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

If as you said the enemy Jungler and you were both applying the same practice, well then... At that point, it probably just comes down to who ends up rotating better, both intentionally and even just as a matter of timing luck(due to inevitable lack of total knowledge of the enemy team's positions). Of course, this isn't entirely up to you, and no matter what happens, one person can't win the game for an entire team. With ultra-snowbally exceptions early to mid-game, and possible skill/luck results of specific end-game teamfights, of course.

Learn from it what you can, and move on as per usual, I suppose. Sometimes, there isn't really a lesson to learn from a given specific game.

9. Tutorial Boss

Yeah, I suppose.

I was playing Vi; I asked him so I could see if he would take an AP top or not, but he didn't reply, so I just picked my comfort pick.

10. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Diamond Solo (Dynamic LUL) Queue is being ruined by Kennen and Lee Sin's, please save me.

11. Xepheria

Xepheria The Benefactor

High Score:
    Kennen legit makes me cry. The little crack-hamster just speeds in, protobelt, ult, stun, and suddenly my screen is grey.

I swear to god, whenever he's picked, I spend more time in monochrome than actually playing the game.

12. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Successfully got into silver 1 again. Will need to see if I have the patience to get to gold again. In the past for this season I got to silver 1, then fucked around picking stuff I haven't practiced so I don't get promoted too high to play with my friends.

13. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Promos for plat. In champ select. Get mid lane. Jungler asks if he can go mid. I give it to him, I'm a generous guy.

He asks if he can pick my jungler first so he doesn't get countered. Alright, he picks me Elise. I pick him Lux. I engage the swap.

Timer ticks down. 20 seconds, no swap. 10 seconds. No swap. 5 seconds. Engage panic. Welp.

It's alright, I'm a Lux god. I've jungled her before in my wilder youth. I got this.

This game happens http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/2880587653/34632098?tab=overview

I drown myself in beer and salt.

14. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Unlucky.

I inted as Vayne top vs Cowsep today because my team was mean to me in champ select D:

I'm about two wins from d3 promos. feeling pretty good about myself as I'm winning pretty much all of my adc games.

15. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    [imgur]9m2qI[/imgur]

Never, ever, Lucky.

Apparently my quick reply is broken so badly I can't even use imgur tags.

http://imgur.com/a/9m2qI

16. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Promos into gold were successful. I don't think i'm good enough for platinum, but the seasons isn't over quite yet so I guess we will see. Funny thing for me is that I have 60/67 for wins/loses, so the numbers don't seem quite right because i've climbed 3 divisions in the past week, but I also screwed around a lot earlier in the season.

17. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

13:1 record over the last two days, and currently Plat 2. Maybe I'll actually bother to get to Diamond this season.

18. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

Finally pushed through my ladder anxiety and finished off my placements in a string of 4 support games, after accidentally hitting ranked a couple of weeks ago.

Landed in Gold IV with a 5:5 record, no need to climb out for my Maokai skin :D
    Plat's within reasonable reach given that I've been matched against Vs and IIIs but whatever.

Pretty satisfied with how I played in most of them aside from a disastrous Alistar performance. Outdamaged Cait and Jayce in the loss with Zyra, and the only game where I placed fewer than 30 wards was one that ended really quickly.

Support is so easy, dude.

19. Miner

Miner Order Member

I hit gold last week too.

I have come to the realization that I'm trash at every other lane except bot.

At least Cait is freelo.

20. Tutorial Boss

So over the last two days I've played about 10 games and rocketed up from S2 to promos to Gold. Three wins left.

and I've hit gold

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016