1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Ranked Diaries

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Churchey, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Sey

Sey Not Worth the Notice DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Churchey
    This site is pretty good. Champion.gg

It analyzes each champion and the best builds for it in Platinum+ games. Very good way to know what skills to level, items to use, and runes/masteries to take.

I would just read all the jungle updates from season 3-4-5-6-7 and then you should be good.

Last edited: May 7, 2017
  2. Miner

Miner Order Member

Uhm, the game's completely different from what it was season 3.

The jungle's been completely reworked, you're essentially starting from scratch if you were a jungle main. Buff timers, items, smite has been completely changed, etc.

Baron and dragon has also been changed, not sure if you've followed those or not. Baron still provides the same boost in stats (AD/AP, etc.), but it no longer has the regen that it used to have, and instead buffs minions to have more health, dmg, pushing power, move speed, etc. Dragons have become elemental drakes (infernal, cloud, ocean, mountain). Infernal= more dmg (more AD/AP). Cloud= more out of combat move speed. Ocean= more out of combat regen. Mountain= bonus true dmg to structures and neutral monsters (good for objective control like baron).

Guides are everywhere now, so if you want the specifics on champions, you should probably check those out. There are a couple of good guide websites out there, although I wouldn't know what to recommend, since I personally try to figure out a champion by playing him/her/(it?) rather than just doing what other people do.

You should note, though, that there has been a major "rework" for almost every class in LoL now. There was the juggernaut rework during worlds s5, the adc rework post worlds (I believe?) s5, the assassin rework post worlds s6, and now the tank rework. So like, a lot of the champions that you may remember playing from s3 will be completely different in s7. Case in point: Graves is a jungler now.

Laning and towers (tower gold esp.) has changed a lot, there's "first blood turret" which gives like + 625 solo gold now.

Uh, so yeah there's just been a lot of changes, and the tank rework + item rework just came out. I'd treat it as more of a "I'm playing a new game" experience than a "I'm picking up League again.''

3. Distaly

Distaly Fifth Year

I wouldn't go thar far. While a great deal has been changed it is nothing close to starting lol if you come back now. I would say if he would go into a game now with reading anything it would only tanke a few games to get most new mechanics.

4. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Tbh the only changes that would really bother anyone who wanted to just pick up and play after three years off would be the champion reworks/releases and the dragon changes. The jungle's still fundamentally the same, jungle routes change every 3 months anyway. Laning is still the same really.

5. Miner

Miner Order Member

I dunno, I kind of just think back to season 3 and compare it to now and I'm just like.... wow everything's so different.

Like, as an adc main, I can say for certain that compared to s3, adc in s7 has completely changed.

Item pathing for example. S3 AA based adc's like Cait, Trist (old), Ashe, etc. essentially had one route: Boots, BT (old), crit item, lw, IE, Defensive item.

Nowadays there's like so many different items that adc's can build it's ridiculous.

And that's not even going into the fundamental champion reworks as well. I don't think there's a single adc from s3 that has stayed even remotely the same. Twitch is probably the one with the least amount of change, but even he has been changed quite a lot.

6. mort

mort Groundskeeper

Speaking of which I'm doing relatively well with twitch. His late game is ridiculous especially with that ult of his in team fights.

7. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I don't think things like item builds are significant changes. Those things change so frequently anyway and it only takes a game or two to learn new builds. ADC really isn't that different. You still go bot lane, duo lane with a support and spend teamfights sitting in the backline. It's not like adcs need to play like tanks now, the job is still fundamentally the same.

Ezreal is basically the same, draven is basically the same, Jinx has only really had balance changes, twitch is the same, sivir has only had balance changes, Vayne has barely been touched, Varus only balance changes. That's what? Like half of the adcs that you could just pick up and play without any changes.

8. Miner

Miner Order Member

Well, I guess my perspective is probably pretty skewed, considering all I really play is Cait.

9. Miner

Miner Order Member

So... I climbed from Silver 3 to Gold 2 in about a month, but now I'm kind of stuck in Gold 2 and the only way I can win games is by playing Lux mid.

Help.

10. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Ha Lux mid.

Down in Gold 5 all you see is Lux support,

Send help.

11. Miner

Miner Order Member

Don't play ADC it's still garbage. :p

12. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

[​IMG]

My saddest game in a while. Team surrendered. I did the most damage.

13. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    To be fair I would surrender that game too. Even if it's winnable it will be a slog fest where you have to play around Anivia stalling the waves out so everyone else can farm. Considering their team (WW, Olaf, and Kat) they could just burst you and roll your team with the resets.

Going to be playing a few more games in gold 1, trying to hit Plat again this season.

14. Sey

High Score:
  15. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I've been playing Mao top pretty often, hes obscenely OP at the moment. I have early lane troubles against ranged tops like Teemo or Jayce, but end game favors Mao.

16. Sey

High Score:
    Vlad is an easy counter to Maokai. Love picking him into that match-up.

17. Moukaboy

Moukaboy Banned

High Score:
    Holy shit i lazed on my promo games and i only played them now , apparently 7 fuckin wins / 10 is bronze 4

i mean the looses were constitutives but so were the wins so wtf

rito pls

18. Sey

High Score:
    What was your rank last season?

19. Moukaboy

Moukaboy Banned

High Score:
    I got silver 5 and i got silver 4 by the end of it

20. Sey

High Score:
    You're usually placed 4-5 divisions lower than the previous seasons.
    --- Post automerged ---
    In season 6 I was placed silver 3 after finishing plat 5.